late taxi results in missed train

Got a reply from licensing board, need to contact another board as taxi company is not in their area. But they did contact taxi company who said they were looking into things. Will give them a few days and if we don,t here anything well contact the other board. Nor giving up on this.

Just to say, that after my hubby contancting various licensing departments and them looking into the issue. He has had a email back from the taxi company offering rto refund us, if we send our bank details.... erm yeah thanks for the giving us a refund, but we prefer a cheque, don't want to share bank details with you thank you very much!

Hopefully we will get a cheque in the post!

There isn't anything they can do with your bank details, I think they probably just offered that way because its quick and very easy

Glad you got something back though

There isn't anything they can do with your bank details, I think they probably just offered that way because its quick and very easy

Glad you got something back though

OT but couldn't they take money out? :flower:

They should bloody pay what u have had to pay extra its their cock up. Normally when i get train when i go away i try get there a hour earlier and go for a cuppa least i know im there then

Only question here

Why on earth didn't you just go out and flag a taxi down in the first instance :wacko:

(when you say this I assume you mean a hackney and you didn't book another firm)

Just to say, that after my hubby contancting various licensing departments and them looking into the issue. He has had a email back from the taxi company offering rto refund us, if we send our bank details.... erm yeah thanks for the giving us a refund, but we prefer a cheque, don't want to share bank details with you thank you very much!

Hopefully we will get a cheque in the post!

Think your very lucky if im honest.

Also don't understand why the taxi had other people in the cab? Surely the company contacted a free driver to send them over? :shrug:

The train we had booked was at 8:30am. So getting to station an hour early would have been to much hassle. Station only 3 miles from house as well.

Don't want to give out bank details you here about folk via give details out over phone and have money taken out there account.

I don't live on a road you normally see taxi's that you can flag down. The taxi we managed to flag. Driver lives near and had only come on shift.

Will wait to here from hubby their reply.

Next time buy anytime tickets. Yes- more expense but better than hoping you will get a refund of people who don't have to do it. Somebody is watching over you today obviously. I personally would be sending the firm a thank you card when I get my money back- but maybe that is just me :flower:

A thank you card for what?

Thank you for returning the money your company made me loose by your own error, not to mention how difficult you've made it to get a result? Not a chance. If my business fucks up, I compensate those affected!

Glad youre getting somewhere OP, they can't take money out your account from your acc. No and sort code but I can understand you're weary.

Unsure why the OP should send a thank you card. She had booked a taxi with plenty of time to spare and it didn't turn up :shrug: x

Unless the taxi driver is also part magician- I don't see what he is suppose to do about traffic personally :shrug:

And I still don't understand why he was dropping somebody off? If was on a call out to you- why was he picking someone else up? And why would they call out a driver who was on another job?

Sorry just doesn't make sense :shrug:

The taxi company sent our booking to the wrong address. But instead of saying that to us. When we would have had time to do something about it they fob us off whilst they tried to get us another car.

We will buy advanced tickets in the future just not for such an early train.

Got a cheque for the cost of the train tickets. It pay's to complain, and not to give up at the first hurdle.

Great! :thumbup:
The result it should have been from the start!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->