• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Laura's Wedding Journal - 30th August 2014

Ohh if you've had things in your head for years don't change just because someone else is having them xx

Ok, I have my colour scheme - turquoise and pastel yellow :)

Finally feeling like I'm getting somewhere now. We're happy with what the venue has to offer so we're gonna pay the deposit either tomorrow or Tuesday. Went shopping with DD1 today and whilst we were out I got loads of inspiration for cheap and pretty centre pieces. Our biggest exspense that is pushing us over the budget is the photographer. So one of our friends did the photographs for Alfies christening and he did an amazing job so we're gonna ask him to do it for the wedding too :) hopefully then we can make the budget go further

That colour scheme is gorgeous. Seen loads on pinterest for that colour scheme and considered it at one point.

Glad things are getting on and it's feeling more exciting now xx

Deposit is paid :happydance:

Now to officially book the church, not sure what time to have the service though. What time are you ladies having your ceremonies though?

Bought some invites as well, I have decided I don't have time to make them and found some really nice ones in Hallmark today.

xxx

Thanks Ladies, I can't decide whether to have it and 1pm or 2pm. Mum called the vicar yesterday, the church fee are £531 :o a bit more than we expected, lol

Gonna message my older bridesmaids today and bring them up to date with the plans.

I am going to display our table plan in an old picture frame. I've got a friend that restores items in a shabby chic way so I'm hoping she'll be able to do something with it. I just have to get my hands on an old frame first, lol. I have posted a want on our local freecycle page, I would be so pleased if I can get one for free or cheap! After those church fees we need to start saving money on other things. I'm also looking for small frames to put on the tables to display the table number.

xxx

We're using frames for our table plan and table numbers too. We're using gold ones and wilkinsons have small gold ones (which we'll use for the table numbers) for £1 each. Our local poundland sell some nice frames too xx

Ooh, hadn't thought of looking in Wilkinson's, I'll do that.

Still unsure on our colour scheme, I still really want to use Cadbury purple :(

I agree if your set on that colour then no other scheme will match up to it, so I say go for it if you want it.

Have decided today that I'm going to go with a lilac colour scheme :) then it won't be the exact same as my friends wedding but it'll still be a colour I love.

My Nan rang my Mum this morning and has offered to pay for all my cousins children to come the day. I'm not sure how I feel, it's very kind of her to offer but my Mum and Dad won't be able to accept it and will end up paying for it. She wants to do it so that none of them have issues with childcare on the day. But on the other hand I was planning a child free day (apart from my own of course) and we are inviting lots of children to the evening instead.

xxx

If you're planning a child free day please say that to them, don't be forced to have them xx

Arghh, nothing is going right. I pm'd mil last night to tell them that we've set the date and paid the deposit. She messages me back saying they can't possibly get away from their business on a Saturday! They run a holiday complex and Saturdays are change over days, which means cleaning everything cottage from top to bottom in 6 hours. My df and his 2 brothers help them do it. Plus she said that if we have it in a holiday they won't have anywhere available for our travelling guests to stay! Then, fil calls saying that if we have it on a Sat then they and df's brothers won't be able to make it!!! They're 26 and 25 ffs!! So what do I do, change the date to 29th Aug? They still wouldn't be able to put up any guests but I am not having a wedding during term time to suit them!!!

Grrrrrrr, rant over :(

Couldn't they get some help in for that 1 day? Or plan ahead and make customers aware that they won't be able to book to stay that weekend? if it were me I would probably stick to my guns but I am very very stubborn. I also wouldn't have my wedding in term time to suit them. If you want to change it to the Friday then do but I wouldn't completely change just because it doesn't suit them xx

Nope! We're sticking to our original date :) I'm very stubborn too!

I really want that date cus the day before me and df will have been together for 10 years so to get married on the following day is truly like starting a new chapter in our lives together.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->