• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Laurens Getting Married - 15th June 2013

Thank you I'm feeling so much better today :)
That's okay then, ill get it sorted in the new year, properly after the babies here now!

I don't know where to get the sweets from, we have a Costco here so I don't know to find someone with a card or I might check out and see how much a card is! Other than that I've looked on eBay and you can bulk buy sweets from sellers on there!

I'm not sure what sweets, all I know is I want them to go with the colours which are pastel pink, turquoise and ivory so I'm thinking pastel colours and ivory/white/creams!

So far Ive thought -
- flying saucers
- love hearts
- marshmellows

White mice, milk bottles, white choc buttons, pink pigs (NOM!!!) those half pink half turquoise fizzy bottles, what about maybe a bowl with sherbet in and a jar full of lollies to go with it... I just love sweets haha xxx

CANDY FLOSS!!!

Bon bons, pink shrimps, those cable sweets you can get (coloured outside with white foamy inside) :thumbup:

Not sure that Costco would be your best bulk option. I can't remember seeing bulk cases of single sweets. It's normally boxes of individually wrapped smaller packs like you'd get in newsagents etc. EBay is a good idea, or there are quite a few online sweet stores. My favourite is A Quarter Of :drool: You can search by colour on there too x

Thanks for that website I'm off to have a look!

Thank you for the sweet ideas, they are fab! I thought of white mice etc but do you think chocolate type sweets like them would run the risk of melting or going all sticky in the jars or do you think they'd be okay?

Theyre not proper chocolate though are they? I think they'll be fine :)

I think they would be okay and if you could find some pink ones too you could mix them in the jar, that would look pretty :) xx

That's alrite then!
I keep looking at all these sweets and i wanna just buy big boxes to eat now :haha:
Sweets have long use by dates on them don't they? I won't be ordering til nearer the time but just wanna make sure if I start a month or two before they'll be fine!

Yeah they should keep pretty well in an airtight container - which they will be anyway if you're buying in bulk! How exciting :) xx

That's good then!

I'm just looking at bunting at the minute, I want some to go along the front of the top table and also some for the outside patio area, they have old style black lamp posts so was planning on tying it between them!

I'm trying to figure out what colours to go for, I've found this one and emailed the seller one ebay and he said the blue was like a powder blue, them said the picture shows it very well, to me the picture shows quite a turquoise colour!

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/IMG-20121128-WA0000.jpg

So now I don't know to go for that one and hope the blue is more turquoise or to go for something like this ...

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/75d4216f07241c2b0b060159ab2bbe74.jpg

Or something more neutral like this ...

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/de1de8b69a60e4e6dd0e54bbc0ff04c3.jpg

What do you think?!

This is the look of the bunting on the top table ...

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/c59436c29dd1a4dd89108df3a0bf098b.jpg

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/ebce57513144a7441757d8338db16326.jpg

Ooh I love that bunting!! What's the sellers name? We are decorating with bunting too :thumbup: As for colours, could you ask the seller to send you a small sample of the blue fabric? You don't want to go ahead and buy all the bunting for it to be the wrong colour x

Yeah I would also ask him for a sample, you really don't want to get the wrong colour and have to buy again :) xx

I've kind of left all the wedding plans for a little bit but I really want to do something before Christmas, don't know what though!

Something not wedding related but on Sunday my family and friends done a surprise baby shower for me which was lovely, I had no clue walked in to my cousins house and everyone was there, we played lots of games, ate lots of cake and me and the baby got lots of presents! It was so nice to have something for me (may sound selfish but I never do anything for myself, 9 times out of 10 I'm a Mummy and that's it) it's made me so excited for this baby now and made it all feel so real!

Back to the wedding things, I was looking at table place name cards and was planning on getting them ready printed but they are more expensive than I thought they would be so now I'm thinking about getting blank ones and buying some alphabet stamps and printing them myself, would also mean I can start doing them now for the people I know will deffo be there, parents, bridesmaids, ushers etc!

Love the bunting!! I agree, see if they will send you a sample of the fabric and then you will know for sure. We love bunting in my family. We have loads and any occasion it gets put up......ha ha!

So lovely you had a surprise Baby Shower. Really really nice :)

I got some place cards ready printed, they are just cheapy ones and then I have stuck buttons on them to jazz them up a bit. I got mine from here -
https://www.thelittlethings.co.uk/index.php

They do get quite expensive if you are having lots. I think it would be nice for you to stamp your own. Make it more personal :)

xxx

Yes see we are going to be needing 120 of them so it really adds up! I've found some for just under £40 but for a little piece of card with someone's name on it just seems a silly amount but I was looking last night and a stamp set is about £20 and then it would be about £10 for the plain place cards so I'm thinking do I do them myself and save a few pounds or is it really worth it for a few pound!

I sat last night and started a big spreadsheet of everything we have done/need to do, what each thing has cost, what we have left to pay etc and I can't believe how many different things people have paid for/offered to pay, it really has saved us so much money!!

I posted a thread last week asking about making my own invites well the more I think about the more I think ill be putting too much on myself with 2 under 2 but I just can't bring myself to get the invites we planned on getting, the ones that match the save the dates as for invites are RSVP cards they are £2!!

I've been having a look on ebay and came across some I liked so got them to send some samples! I really like these ones but OH doesn't really! I'd change little bits and bobs and add a line for writing names! What do you all think ?

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/20121214_150006.jpg

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/20121214_145951.jpg

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/20121214_150018.jpg​

Oooh I like the concept, but I do think they've gone a bit overboard on the fonts. If you're mixing fonts you almost need to go for different fonts of similar styling. I'm just not sure how well all those go together. But I love the cards with the bunting etc and the colours (or would you customise that to your colours?). More importantly, are they in budget? x

I also think they've maybe gone a bit ott with fonts - but if I had to pick then I like the bottom ones the best :) xx

Thanks girls, there would be less different style writing as I wouldn't need 2 venues on there etc and it would be more spaced out as we'd need somewhere to write names so I think that would make it look better!

For the invites they are £10 for 20 so compare with £2 at the other place for invite and RSVP its much better!

I've downloaded a free trial of photoshop and have been having a bit of a play around on there but as much as I'd quite like to do our own I have no clue what im doing :haha:

Watch some photoshop tutorials online. Sooo helpful. Adobe illustrator might be better for making the invites but I don't get on with Illustrator :lol: The main thing you need to master on photoshop would be your crop tools, layer masks, and just layers in general

That is a good price for the invites. In terms of layouts I think the last one (the evening invite?) looks the best. You've got a different font on each line but using the same font for the "at the...to start at...on" to hold it all together. The top one just looks a bit squished. If they could do the same layout as the bottom one but with all the info of the top one then it'd look fab :thumbup:

Those samples look good, i've never seen anything like that. I just went to vistaprint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->