• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Laurens Getting Married - 15th June 2013

Haha yeah, set your MIL on her :lol: if it's her sister then she'll know how to deal with her

Table Plan

Yesterday I brought this mirror from Matalan (one that was suggested a few weeks ago to me) it was £25 which I think is fab for the size of it! I've also just ordered some white chalk pens from EBay to write on it with!! I'm just dreading when the time comes and I have to sort where 120 people are going to sit :wacko:

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/f3ab8c761351acf640487cbf4a116948.jpg​

Did you buy it in store? I went to our Matalan a few weeks back to buy it and they didn't have it :(
Have you started any kind of rough seating plan? As in, got a rough idea where you'll have people sitting that you can just tweak as/when you get your RSVPs?

I love the mirror! It's gorgeous and a very good price. You could use it in your home after the wedding :)

Fab dresses! Amazing price as well.....bet you are really chuffed. I love it when youget a nice surprise like that :)

Nightmare with the Bridesmaids and Aunty in Law situation. I didn't really know what to suggest as I am so timid I would hate a situation like that. I like your idea about speaking to Mil and asking her to sort it. Thats probably what i would do!
I can see why your upset though, it must be hard to keep everyone in line :hugs:

I really love the mirror. I can't wait to see what it will look like when you have done your table plan. Never seen anything like that before.
My sister had a nightmare with her table plan I remember, we have one of those difficult families.....ha ha! So glad I don't have to worry about that!

Yep I got it from the store, we have a massive Matalan and a smaller one here so I went to the bigger one and they had it!

We've kind of had a rough go at doing it but we always end up giving up! Families aren't that bad, it's family friends and friends that are the difficult ones, espesh cause some of OHs friends have girlfriends they've been with for a few months but who knows if they will still be together at the wedding so that makes it difficult! Atleast I know where I'll be sitting :haha: I also need to speak to the venue at how many people per table they reccommed for the number we're on at the minute!

Catstorey there's a few pictures further back with the look I'm going for, I'm just hoping I can find someone with good handwriting to write it out for me! According to my Mum my Dad used to be good at calligraphy writing but he probs last done that 20 years ago, lets hope he hasn't lost his touch haha.

Centrepieces

Yes that's right centrepieces again :haha: when I was in Matalan at the weekend getting the mirror I came across these birdcages and loved them and thought they'd look fab as centrepieces! So now I'm stuck, do I stick with the sweets as the centrepieces or do I go with the birdcages and have a separate sweetie table for in the evening, what do you all think ?

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/f281e3654ad4839bc181ac85ea739529.jpg​

What's left to do list

I thought I'd do a list of what's left to do and hopefully where I can put a month when it will be getting done!

Giving Notice - Monday
Meeting with the venue - hopefully December

Clothing -
Alterations for me - Arranging once payed balance
Alterations for bridesmaids - Arranging once payed balance
Mens suit fittings - 6-8 weeks before the day
(Taking OHs friend in February when he's on leave from Afghan)
Bobbys suit fitting - 4 weeks before the day
Bobbys shoes - May
New babies outfit - Once it's arrived
Flower girls shoes x2 - May

Me -
Underwear - Before dressing fittings
Garter - Done
Make up trial - 2-3 months before the day
Book hair and have trial - Booking at the minute
Book spray tan, nails etc (if having)

Cake -
Order cake
Cake toppers - Once new baby is here

Stationary -
Day invites - order all stationary once visited venue
RSVPs
Night invites
Place name cards
Order of the day booklets
Table Numbers/Menus

Thank you presents -
Ushers and best man thank you present
MOH and Best Man extra thank you - bottle of Jack Daniels and Moët
Parents and Inlaws thank you presents

Venue decoration -
Bunting
Centrepieces -
- Jars - Got
- Sweets
Outdoor decorations
Inside decorations

Favours -
Scratch cards - April/May
Chocolate hearts for children's favours - May

Other -
Music - Once we've given notice
Readings - Once we've given notice
Wedding rings - Looking this week
Plan table plan - once we've received RSVPs

Pay final balance on -
Venue
Registrar
Photographer
Photo booth
DJ
Flowers
Suits
Dress - Need to arrange appointment
Bridesmaid dresses - Need to arrange appointment
Make up

Is there anything anyone can see I've forgotten?

Waaaah, I don't even dare write a list of what we've got left. I'm sure you'll think of something else to add to the list before June :lol:

You're so organised! What are you going to tick off the list next?

:haha: I had to write it out cause I was trying to figure out what I can do (if anything) and then try and plan out the next few months!

Well we are giving notice on Monday so that will be ticked off and hopefully that will give us more of a clue what's going on! I also want to sort the ushers and best man thank you presents to get them out the way but according to OH it doesn't need to be done, it can be done the dark before :wacko:

Centrepieces I've gone back to the sweets idea and in big jars, I've found jars for a really reasonable price so I'm planning on ordering them today for the pure fact that I don't change my mind again :haha:

These are the ones for the centrepieces!

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/b996a503a5d5cd4492ca689b87f863af.jpg

And these are mini ones for the top table!

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/731d2f4f9a01c626827a7bdd240e6505.jpg

Haha, that's what I did with my hazel twigs to try and get me to commit :blush:

Where are you getting your jars from? OH wants a sweetie bar at ours and I don't know whether to get vases or proper jars like yours :)

Have you decided what your going to do about them yet, or have you just put it to one side for a bit?

They are from here https://misterchips.com/store/

They are so cheap compared with everywhere else, it's about £27 for six big jars where as most places you pay that for one! You could go for a mixture of jars and vases, I think it looks good with a mixture like bigger sweets in vases and smaller ones in jars :)

Your list is awesome......so organised!! :)

My friend is getting married in September and is getting herself so so stressed out. I told her she needs a list.....ha ha

Haha yes she deffo needs a list, I've got lists everywhere, on here, on my phone, on the iPad haha and to go list mad I want to sort out a spreadsheet document to keep it all together!

Haha I looooove my lists. I couldn't do this without them :lol:

Well we were meant to go and give notice today but Ive had a really bad day and was it soooo much pain this morning we had to cancel! On the letter I have it says we have to give notice by 15th December but when OH rang to cancel and rearrange they said it can be done any time up until 15 days before the wedding day! Does anyone know if this is true?

Also the jars came for the centrepieces, they are great and none smashed which I thought there might be! Now the good bit of deciding what sweets go in them yum yum!

Aww no, sorry you have had a bad day :( I think that sounds about right, the 15 days in advance. I'm sure I read you can give notice anywhere between a year to a fortnight in advance. They need time to display your "bans" which I think is a week. So you have plenty of time :) I haven't booked our appointment yet, it's one of the first things on my list to sort out once I've handed in my dissertation on Friday.

Oooh yummy! Do you have any ideas what sweets you want? I'm going to do a sweetie table and I can imagine me and my OH arguing over which sweets to include lol

Yeah, I'm sure its 15 days before. Although they say its best to do it earlier incase there are any problems and you have to re-arrange, it, then it would be too late.

I only gave notice a couple of weeks ago which was lucky as we changed our venue and if we had already given notice we would have had to pay the £70 again.

Glad the jars all came! I've never been to a wedding with a sweetie buffet before. Obv we can't have one at our wedding but my friend who is getting married next year I'm slowing talking her into having one. Keep telling her reasons why she 'needs' a sweetie buffet :) They sound sooooo good. You'll have to tell me all the sweeties you are having!!

Oh no, hope you're ok?? They are right though, you can give notice any time from a year before the wedding up to two weeks before (it has to be posted for a total of two weeks for any objections so 15 days before :thumbup:). Is your registrar booked though? Last thing you want is to find you can't book the registrar for the time you need :nope:

Yay for the jars surviving. Where are you going to get all your sweeties from? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->