• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Laurens Getting Married - 15th June 2013

I went searching and found her last night lol! I've added her to my list :) Very reasonable prices too! Very impressed!! I want my times for the wedding so that I can get my invites lol I might hound the poor vicar again, he can't exactly argue if I pay him now can he :rofl: xx

Haha do it, I haven't stopped going on to OH about how excited I am to order them after Tuesday! It's going to kill me waiting for them once I've ordered them!

Haha, I sympathise. I want to get on and do ours but cant until we've worked out the order of the day!!
I am also going to slightly (completely) steal that list of questions from you :thumbup: thanks. Haha xx

Haha no probs, you and Lozzy gave me most the ideas and got me on a bit of a roll! I'm hoping she'll answer most the questions before I have to get a big long list of questions out :haha:

I emailed the lady about the invites last night and was a bit cheeky and asked if she would offer any discount for a big order! I've also asked her if she's able to do menu cards as I've decided I want these photo frames for the table numbers and on the reverse I want to put the menu!

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/d306acce50a94812eae2195a0ac35644.jpg

Also I was with my cousin (MOH) yesterday and she asked what we were having as favours and she used to work in a bank, she said that if we go to the bank and give them a pound we can ask for pennies with the year we get married on so then everyone has a penny to do their scratch card and also keep! I loved this idea and thought about putting them out on the table around the sweet jars with the table confetti as a bit of decoration too :)

I wondered if banks would do that. I just assumed their pennies would be mixed bags (as in lots of different years put together). I guess they have to have money shipped in at some point though so I might try it too :thumbup:

Are those the Ikea photo frames? I'm still not sure what we're doing for table numbers :wacko:

Exactly, I'm happy to pay the price anyway but here's hoping she'll knock a bit off as I want quite a few different bits :)

I never even thought about having something to scratch them off with haha but I thought it was a fab idea when she said!

Yep they are the ikea ones, 99p each! I wasn't going to bother, the venue supply table numbers and menus if you ask them but I have decided I want it all to match seen as though we are not having lots of decoration in the room/tables :)

Got myself a new notepad today so have spent the evening filling it with wedding info that's all up do date! I was getting lost with my other one as it was from the planning days and I got a smaller one that I can carry round with me and jot anything down when I need to! Got a diary the other day too, I'm hoping to be very organised :haha:

Stationary!

The lady got back to me and she's able to put the menu on the back on the table numbers which will bump this price of them a little but I won't have to buy them as separates so will work out cheaper!
She also said if we don't go through EBay then she can offer me 10% discount so I am more than happy to do that!

Garter!

My garter arrived today, all wrapped up and I had no clue what it was, opened it up and it is beyond beautiful, I really cannot recommend her enough! Rubbish picture but here it is!

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/3bb5e62eb2406fc03d06515df710f49f.jpg

Hair!

My Mum spoke to my hairdresser when she was there, good job I got her too as she said I need to speak to the girl ASAP and get it booked and sorted after telling me before not to book until March :dohh:
I seen that the girl who would be doing it has a wedding hair page on Facebook so I messaged her on there instead and she's just got back to me saying the date should be fine but she'll check the diary at work! Then just asked about trials, going to the venue etc so hopefully she'll come back with some kind of quote! My actual hairdresser said though that she thinks for bridesmaids hair blow dry and curled would probs be £20 each at a guess so I'm hoping that's about right for them!

:happydance: Last but not least we are at the Venue tomorrow and I am so excited to sort everything :happydance:

Bumping my list and updating :)

What's left to do list

I thought I'd do a list of what's left to do and hopefully where I can put a month when it will be getting done!

Giving Notice - Need to book
Meeting with the venue - beginning of May

Clothing -
Alterations for me - Beginning of May
Alterations for bridesmaids - Beginning of May
Mens suit fittings - 6-8 weeks before the day
(Taking OHs friend in February when he's on leave from Afghan)
Bobbys suit fitting - 4 weeks before the day
Bobbys shoes - May
New babies outfit - Once it's arrived
Flower girls shoes x2 - May

Me -
Underwear - Before dressing fittings
Garter - Done
Make up trial - Need to book for March
Book hair and have trial - Booking at the minute
Book spray tan, nails etc (if having)

Cake -
Order cake
Cake toppers - Once new baby is here

Stationary -
Day Invites - Done
RSVPs - Done
Night invites - Done
Place name cards - Done
Order of the day booklets - Done
Table Numbers/Menus - Done
Write and print order of day inserts
Print wedding mad libs

Thank you presents -
Ushers and best man thank you present - Done
MOH and Best Man extra thank you - bottle of Jack Daniels and Moët
Parents and Inlaws thank you presents

Venue decoration -
Bunting for inside - Done
Table confetti - Done
Table gems - Done
Sign for cake table
Sign for gift table
Centrepieces -
- Jars - Got
- Sweets
Outdoor bunting
Outside lanterns and candles - Done

Favours -
Scratch cards - April/May
Chocolate hearts for children's favours - May

Other -
Music - Once we've given notice
Readings - Once we've given notice
Wedding rings - Ordered
Plan table plan - once we've received RSVPs

Pay final balance on -
Venue
Registrar
Photographer
Photo booth
DJ
Flowers
Suits
Dress - Done
Bridesmaid dresses - Done
Make up

Is there anything anyone can see I've forgotten?

Bridesmaids Hair!

As I've decided to get the person doing my hair to do the bridesmaids as well instead of getting one of the bridesmaids to do everyone's and leaving her with no time to get ready I thought I best have a look for some pictures to show what I want! I literally just want it down and curled, but loose wavy curls and I have got them all a headband to wear! Here's some hair pictures I've found and some pictures of the headbands I've got for them!

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/e2c539bd2d2d1cab8fb0721189aba7df.jpg

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/f6b438d7e9b13c49c59ec5b79e61e71a.jpg

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/20121114_145353.jpg

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/20121114_145403.jpg​

Those are pretty :) I still haven't asked my 1 friend to be my only bridesmaid yet lol I'm not sure why because I defo want her to do it!! But I think I want her in a swing type dress so she may have to wear her hair up - clearly this will change as soon as I walk into a dress shop, which I want to do now *stomps feet!!!* xx

:haha: yea I changed my mind when I was looking at bridesmaid dresses, I wanted long and flowy and as cheap as possible and I ended up with short dresses that aren't flowy and £185 each!!!!! Thankfully I got discount haha!

I'm massively bridezilla about their hair as I'm having mine up I don't want them too so that's the reason their having theirs down cause I don't want them to be like me :rofl:

Went to the venue today and it went great! I didn't even need to ask most of the things I wrote down as she had already answered them and asked us about them herself!

She told us all the timings, sorted numbers, drinks, our room for the night! I also booked 2 rooms for me and the bridesmaids the night before the wedding! Our price has come down as well as we have a few less adults from before and more children but we also found out 2 and under are free which meant we knocked 9 children's prices off!

I'm just sitting here now working out how many invites etc we need and I'm about to look at the wording for them and hopefully I'll put the order in 2moro!

I have a question though, we will not be sorting the food until a month before the wedding! We know we want the BBQ and on the BBQ menu you pick 3 mains, 3 salads and a pudding! I was going to get the menus printed to match the stationary but as we won't be doing it until a month before its too late, the venue offer a basic printed menu for free but would you get menus printed to match by choosing off the menu that's online in hope it doesn't change or if it does change risk having no menus or would you just get them to do the menus?

Do you not have to tell the venue your meal choices and how many of each? Ie, do your guests not have to choose their meal in advance?

Glad she answered all the questions you had. Sounds like it went better than my meeting with my venue :lol::lol:

Menus matching would not be a big thing for me, id go with the cheapest option!

No it's a set menu that they get, they don't get the choice as it will all be done on the BBQ on the patio area so they get to choose what they want from the things we have selected!

It didn't bother me before either but for some reason (I think it's being pregnant) I've really wanted everything matching! I think I'm going to get them printed as they will only be about £5 maximum anyway

I would get them printed :) If they're wrong you can always change them - or you could always tell the lady you're buying from that you will want the menu's about a month before the wedding and could she work to that schedule. Its all coming together nicely now eep :) xx

Well we've had a right wedding day today! Me and OH have had a baby free day as MIL has had Bobby all day so we went shopping in Birmingham! OH got his shoes for the wedding day from Next! I got some perfume and OH got some aftershave for the wedding day!

We went to Ernest Jones too and I asked about my wedding ring, she got a few out to show me so I had a try on and found one that sits really well with my ring, not perfect but way more perfect than I could think of! OH had a try on too so we have now both picked out our rings! She said we can order them in in our sizes to try on before buying but as we were in Birmingham we just got her to write down the details and we'll do that at the Ernest Jones here! They are £299 each which I thought was really good too! Here they are .....

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/1f3e64a7ded8c54dcc1e637f8b063914.jpg

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/ce738979ecae6cff1ceab588a1a389e1.jpg

I then came home and put the order in for all the wedding stationary

- Day Invites
- RSVPs
- Night Invites
- Place Cards
- Order of Day Covers
- Table Numbers
- Menus

She should get back to me with the proofs she said in a few days so I can't wait to see them!

Tomorrow we are going to Ikea for some house bits and I'm going to get the photo frames for the table numbers/menus! I'm also going to look at the lanterns and candles they are as we can decorate the outside patio area that's attached to our room, im going to attach bunting round the old style lamp posts they have there and then was just thinking a large lantern on each patio table they have with a big candle in! Something like this .....

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/fb366abb6dce0d8bb11831cc79d92862.jpg​

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->