Laurens Getting Married - 15th June 2013

All different kinds, most aren't in wrappers though!

I ordered a 500g box yesterday of sweets just to see how much that will fill the jar, I got jelly sweets so not too light not too heavy!

We paid off Vegas on Tuesday too :happydance: and we've booked a hotel for the night before at the airport so we're gonna travel up the night before instead of having to travel a few hours before we even fly and saves getting the kids up at like 4am!

We give notice finally on Monday, can't wait to finally know about how many songs, reading etc we can have! Also means after we've been there I can sort out the order of the day booklets as I want to put everyone's names that are involved in it inc readers!

I'm going shopping with my Mum on the 11th May to get her outfit, she's booked a personal shopper at John Lewis! Ill get Darceys dress that day as well properly!

We've had about half our RSVPs back, i get so excited when the post comes :haha: only 2 people aren't coming so far and one of OHs friends put a girls name on his without her being invited, we don't know if she's his girlfriend or not, OH just says to leave it cause we should have asked but I think he should atleast ask who she is, she could just be a friend/someone he works with!!

Please let me know about the sweeties :lol:

Ahh feels so good to pay things off :) I need to write a list of everything left to pay. Bit scary!!

Do you send this guys invite as a +1? Or has he just put an extra name on without being asked?

:wacko: how rude just putting an extra name on the invitation

:happydance: hope it goes well giving notice on monday, oh looked petrified when they had to interview us in separate rooms when we gave notice :rofl:

Yes ill deffo let you know about the sweets :)

Haha nope it just had his name on it, tbf I told OH to ask him before and he never so what I think is he spoke to some of the other friends and they said they had +1s so he probs thought he could as well!

:rofl: ill be exactly the same as your OH Emmy, I keep saying I won't know anything about OH hahaha!

All I got asked was his date of birth, what his job was, full name and his father's job. I can't remember if there was anything else

Lol I would be terrified to be interviewed too! I would forget everything I know about OH haha! You're gonna have lots of yummy sweets to munch then :) let me know how that goes! Also, I think we have the same mirror (table plan), have you checked that it fits the easel at the venue? Just because it didn't fit my first easel lol I had to buy a new one! Xx

Haha that's what I think I'm gonna forget everything about him!

Ohh no I haven't, I haven't even checked its still okay for me to use it! I will check with them when I go and meet with them again beginning of May!

I have just ordered our wedding cake, top tier from Marks and Spencer's and cupcakes from Waitrose, cupcakes are being delivered on the Thursday morning and then we have to collect the top tier from Marks on the Thursday too! Glad that's ticked off the list and so happy it only cost £60 :happydance:

Oooh that's really good price for your cake. I'm starting to think I maybe only want 1 instead of 2 lol! Xx

Yay for cake!!

You'll be fine giving notice. The 'questions' are so generic that they really are a bit pointless :lol: Our answers didn't match when we have notice :dohh: OH had just started his business so I put him down as 'owner' and he put himself down as 'mechanic' :rolleyes: They were fine with it though, seemingly!!

Ahh im glad they let you off!
How long were you all there for when you went ?

About 45 mins in total I think

I'm sure it made no difference but the registrar is one of our friends mums :lol: if it had been a problem I'm sure we could have talked them around. Haha!!

Off to give notice, wish us luck :haha: I'm actually nervous haha!

The sweets have arrived and I've put them in the jar and they only fill a quarter of the jar which means we're going to need 2kg per jar and we have 11 tables and a top table with mini jars on, this isn't going to be cheap :( I will upload the picture this evening!!

Hope giving notice went well :hugs:

Try having a looksy on ebay as they do sweets, or do you know anyone with a wholesale card for bookers or somewhere similar?

Yes giving notice went well, got tricked a bit when she asked how OH spelt his middle name Stephen because its spelt PH but on his passport it's spelt with a V so I didn't know what to say, she laughed at me because I think she thought I didn't know so then I had to explain and she was fine with it!

Will we get info sent through to us then, I thought I was going to get something today but we didn't get anything!

The sweets I got were from eBay, I have found a couple of websites too but it will probs cost about £20 a jar!

Here's the sweets in the jar though :)

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/IMG-20130415-WA0000_zps51bd8696.jpg

Ohh dear, going to cost a fortune! They will look good though :) haha I would have loved to have seen your face when she asked about his middle name, I bet it was hilarious! Xxx

I didnt know what to say cause i didnt know if its illegal that his names spelt wrong on his passport so i was thinking ill probs get him done here haha.
Well worse OH couldnt remember my birthday haaaaa he said he gets mixed up with 25th and 26th cause 25ths my birthday and when i worked 26th was my payday, she just laughed at him though!!

I think it's more to prove that you're not related if that makes sense? It's so weird to think that this sort of thing must happen or have happened for people to have to be questioned :wacko:

Ahhhh definitely needing more sweets :dohh:

I think it's more to prove that you're not related if that makes sense? It's so weird to think that this sort of thing must happen or have happened for people to have to be questioned :wacko:

Ahhhh definitely needing more sweets :dohh:

Yeah, if you get married in Mexico, they do a blood test before the wedding to check you aren't related! Voommmmmmmmmmmm lol! xx

Lol at your OH and his name spellings :lol: Glad it all went well though! As for info, we got given a 'folder' of things at the same time, with the options for the declarations and the contractory parts and then some suggestions of readings etc. But every council is different, which is daft if you ask me!

Oh those sweets are going to look amazing!! How big are the jars? Trying to work out how big the are in comparison to ours :lol: That website I linked a whole back sells all their sweets in 2 or 3kg. Depending on the sweets they are between £10-£20 each. Those look like boiled sweets though and they are more expensive, as a rule

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->