Laurens Getting Married - 15th June 2013

Loving your bunting, is that the ebay stuff? Yeah I wouldn't be happy about the shirt thing either, I would have been right on the phone haha! You have to get a pic of Bobby in his suit, bet he looks so cute!!! Xxx

Oh my gosh I'd be annoyed about the shirts!! You're hiring from Moss Bros aren't you? When our boys go and collect their suits they get to try them on again there and then, and if anything needs changing they still have a few days to get it sorted. The same should apply for you, but if it was me I'd be sending them in sooner for another fitting, WITH shirts!!

It's from eBay but its not the stuff from before (I think Aly got) I needed something double sided as mine will be seen for both sides but that makes it expensive so I didn't want to pay out for it, this one is make on a certain type of fabric so the pattern and be seen on both sides, depending on each pattern some are very clear some are less clear! I think I was as cheap as the other one though, £8.50 for 40 foot and £5 for 20 foot!

Yes they are from Moss Bros but we only get them Friday to Monday so the day before the wedding! We have 9 suits to collect and most of them will be in work on the Friday so what our plan is to do (which is only happening because of this silly woman) me and OH are going to collect them as soon as the shop opens, we are then going to take them round to each person and get them to try it on there and if they need changing we will have to take them back, don't know what they will do the day before the wedding but that can be their problem for their mess up! Deffo gonna mention it when I take Bobby though!

Just ordered some alphabet stamps to try do our place cards with so hopefully they come soon so we can get cracking with them!

I've found this poem and both me and OH love it but is it weird when someone else is reading it! We have decided not to do extra vows but feel by having this reading it kind of includes it and makes it more personal without us saying it!

I promise by Dorothy R. Colgan

I promise to give you the best of myself
and to ask of you no more than you can give.

I promise to respect you as your own person
and to realise that your interests, desires and needs
are no less important than my own.

I promise to share with you my time and my attention
and to bring joy, strength and imagination to our relationship.

I promise to keep myself open to you,
to let you see through the window of my world into my innermost fears
and feelings, secrets and dreams.

I promise to grow along with you,
to be willing to face changes in order to keep our relationship alive and exciting.

I promise to love you in good times and in bad,
with all I have to give and all I feel inside in the only way I know how.
Completely and forever

Ooh where did you get your stamps? I was thinking of getting some from the same place I got my others :) xx

I found them on Not on the highstreet and then searched for them on ebay and got them over £10 cheaper!!

We have finally picked all our songs, we are having ---

Walking down the aisle -
Halo instrumental - Aston

Signing the register -
1. Kiss me - Ed Sheeran
2. Love is easy - Mcfly
3. Count on me - Bruno Marrs

Walking out -
Accidently in love - Counting Crows

So happy to have them finally picked!!

We have finally picked all our songs, we are having ---

Walking down the aisle -
Halo instrumental - Aston

Signing the register -
1. Kiss me - Ed Sheeran
2. Love is easy - Mcfly
3. Count on me - Bruno Marrs

Walking out -
Accidently in love - Counting Crows

So happy to have them finally picked!!

One of my faves x

Well the stamps have come and they are huge compared with the size of the place cards so now i dont know what to do, also what a waste of money we dont even have aaarrrrhhhhhh!!!!

Could you just put first names on? I also love that song! It reminds me of Shrek and I LOVE shrek :D xx

Reminds me of shrek too, i call it the shrek song haha.

Sadly not you could probs only get 3 letters on, our place cards are too small and the stamps are too big :(

Ahh no that sucks about the stamps. Could you use them for the persons first initial and then handwrite the rest of the name? For example, for your name use the 'L' stamp, then handwrite 'auren'? I know you didn't want to do them by hand but in combo with the stamp might look better? x

Ohh that's a good idea, I might try some different ideas tomorrow and see what they look like!

Today I went with my Mum, Auntie and my Mums friend to get my Mums outfit, she got a personal shopper in John Lewis and they were great, she got everything and looked so lovely! She even had a little cry because I loved the outfit and she wanted to make me proud bless her!

We sent back all our choices to the registrar today after they chased us for them yesterday! Lets hope we don't change our minds!

We are at the venue tomorrow morning finalising everything! The main thing I want to know if when we can start bringing everything to the venue as we have sooooo much stuff I think it's all going to be way too much to take on the Friday so hopefully they have somewhere we can store stuff the week leading up!

Oh I just welled up reading about your mum crying because she was happy she made you proud (wtf is wrong with me!), that is so sweet!

Haha we are deffo going to be a mess on the day!

Darcey's dress has been ordered so just waiting for that to be delivered!

Yesterday we went back to the venue to finalise everything! Two things I'm not to happy about are we have to bring our own music system and have our own person use it for the ceremony so now we are trying to figure out who we can trust to do that! The other thing is she said because we are having a cup cake cake that we have to get our own person to set it up, they won't set up the cup cakes incase they do it all wrong, so now we need to find someone to do that too! I guess i can't moan too much though, everything else so far with them has been perfect they have been great!

Hopefully today if I get the chance I'm going to cut down the table numbers and menus and put them all in the frames!

Well I went off and done them and had to come straight back to show you all, I am so happy with them, think they look great! Please excuse the rubbish pictures and ignore the black stickers, I didn't want to take the film of the frames yet!

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/20130513_131922_zps8dc2e7d5.jpg

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/20130513_131933_zpseb776ace.jpg

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/20130513_131940_zpsc6c5b322.jpg

They look so good!

As for having to play your own music, that just seems lazy of them. They've got to have someone from the venue in the ceremony anyway by law so why not have them press play on the music :wacko: As for the cupcakes, I wouldn't want to be responsible for that either if I was them :lol: Will you have time to set them up on the morning?

I live your frames! I love your table number and menu's too lol! I think I might get menu's from her now I've seen yours. Xx

we have to get one of our guests to play the music too! I thought that was a bit mean and was really taken aback when she said nobody would do it for us. ill be so upset if they get it wrong; I wanted it faded out not just switched off when I finish my walk; and also the songs to 'flow' into one another-that's the one thing I'm stressing over actually! I know how you feel Lauren!

the table numbers etc are fab; I love the style of the holders!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->