Leaking Fluid or CM? Worried

DaisyDreamer

mama to a beautiful boy
Reaction score
So for the past few weeks I have noticed an increase in discharge and wetness in my underwear. From what I understand an increase in d/c is normal to experience at this point in pregnancy and some of the wetness I'm feeling is also urine leaking b/c of the pressure on my bladder.

Well how would I know if I was leaking amniotic fluid? I've read that it smells sweet but to be honest so does my CM most of the time. Baby has been less active the last few days (not enough to really make me too concerned) and today I have been feeling stronger movements.

Any one else experience this? Thanks xx

ive had increased cm often have to wear a liner or it feels like ive wet my self lol but babys fine i think its normal in 3rd tri

I think (if I remember correctly) one way to work out whether you are leaking fluid is to lie down on your back (prop up slightly by a pillow obviously) and lie still for 30 minutes then stand straight up and see whether there's a 'gush' if yes then it's your waters leaking. That's what I did after midwife advice with DS1.

I think (if I remember correctly) one way to work out whether you are leaking fluid is to lie down on your back (prop up slightly by a pillow obviously) and lie still for 30 minutes then stand straight up and see whether there's a 'gush' if yes then it's your waters leaking. That's what I did after midwife advice with DS1.

Thanks that helps a lot! I just get so tripped up because this is my first pregnancy and I have no idea what the heck amniotic fluid is supposed to smell like. Honestly my CM smells really sweet so that makes me nervous

No probs. I hope all is ok. It was definitely obvious with my first pregnancy - it wasn't like a massive flood like in the movies but there was sudden dripping/ fluid when I stood up.

when my waters broke with number 1 & 3 it was a gradual leak but I could definately tell. It was like a steady flow that didn't stop. I have had a huge increase in cm too and am paranoid but believe me, you'll.know! x

There has been so many times I have gotten up from a sitting or laying position to find I am soaked.

I have always worried about that until my waters actually started leaking in my second pregnancy at 37.5 weeks. Trust me you will KNOW. It's not discharge it doesn't smell it's straight up water! Underwear get soaked as though u poured a glass of water over them. No stringy discharge, no white colour, nothing. It's really quite impossible to mistake IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->