Learn a little about us!!!

My name is Jayleigh, I'm 19 and I've been with my OH Lee for 3 years who is also 19, we have a little boy named Halen who is nearly 6 months (born 19th June 2009)

I have been cloth bumming since day one, I am exclusively breastfeeding and plan to start BLW on 19th Dec when LO will be exactly 6months. We baby wear occasionally, I have a Moby wrap, soon to try home sewing a babyhawk (eeeek)

others in our family include 3 cats (we got a new kitten tonight he's 4mo and called Stingo after Stingo from Fifi and the flower tots lol) a tropical fish tank, 1 bearded dragon and 1 tarantula.

I don't drink or eat diary due to LO being allergic to it, I can have small bits like the odd cheese sandwhich, but I don't mind. I only eat free range and try to always pick up organic. I'd love chickens but as I'm in a flat I don't have a garden :cry:

I'm Antonia, 27 :D
My wee man is 4 weeks old tomorrow and I am so in lurve with him!
I want to use cloth exclusively but am using both at the moment, waiting to get some more types to try in the new year, my brother and I were in terries when we were babies, just seems right I guess.
We are currently doing well BFing, so hope to continue to do so then we'll read up on this BLW I keep hearing so much about :)
I've just got a moby stly wrap which is fabby, feel a bit guilty there's a buggy upstairs I'm unlikely to use but at least it was 2nd hand!
I'm a Vet Nurse and a bit animal obsessed, we have 4 dogs, 4 cats, 2 rabbits, 2 chickens and 2 turtles. In the next 3 years we plan to move to somewhere bigger with land then god knows what else I'll have! Quite fancy some rescue donkeys! Definately chasing the good life!
Mark makes bespoke furniture, we've been best friends since school. He has a gorgeous little girl from a previous relationship called Isabella but unfortunatley her mother has just moved to the other end of the country which is very upsetting.

I'm still not sure I properly belong in here but I'll introduce myself anyway!

I'm Nuala and I'm 29, I've been married to Andrew who's 31 for the past 5 years. We have one little girl, Aisling who's nearly 8 months old. We struggled bfing in the beginning with Aisling latching on for the first time properly and just over 2 weeks old. We combination fed until she was 5 weeks old and then exclusively bf until 7 months. She now has the odd bottle of formula if I'm away from her.

We're now BLW and she's doing great! :thumbup: It's extremely messy but great fun and she loves it, she's a little horse who loves her food! :lol:

We have 2 dogs, a collie and a lab who are gorgeous things. I've always worn Aisling in a carrier when out with them but it was a horrible uncomfortable mothercare thing so I didn't use it too often. I've just got my first mei tai which I love so I see me baby wearing loads more now!

I'm still not sure I properly belong in here but I'll introduce myself anyway!

Why not?? :confused:

You bf, babywear, blw -- doesn't come much more natural than that! Or am I missing something! :wacko:

:)

I guess I've just never felt very natural! :dohh: We never coslept, don't do cloth nappies and are only now really getting into baby carrying :D

I am only now getting into cloth nappies and will only be able to do them part time at best.

And I wouldn't have coslept if not for Otter INSISTING on it! :haha: Have you never even taken a nap with Aisling snuggled up to you? If not, you should try it! ;)

As for starting babywearing now -- better now than never!! :thumbup:

I dont exclusively co-sleep, BLW or bf but still count myself in here :thumbup:

I have reasons for each and everyone of the things I dont do and if ever asked do and will explain but as I babywear, use natural medication / solutions and use cloth nappies I count myself here...:lol:

Have you never even taken a nap with Aisling snuggled up to you? If not, you should try it! ;)

I don't have a cuddly baby!! We have our first morning bf in bed and we sometimes fall asleep. I often hear of people taking LO to bed with them in the middle of the night as it's the only way they'll sleep but Aisling kicks and punches so that DH and I are hanging off the edge of the bed while our tiny baby takes the rest! :lol:

:rofl:!!! I have a picture of mommy and daddy falling on the floor and baby all spread out and comfy in the bed.... hahahahaha!

That is a strong woman in the making! :thumbup: My friend has a baby girl like that, too. 8 months old and totally wants to be independant -- no cuddling allowed! She wanted to baby wear but the baby won't stand for it! :dohh:

hi all :)

im sarah and im 28, i live in manchester.
I have 3 little girls aged 9, 7 and 17 weeks :)
I cloth bum, babywear, breastfeed and co sleep, will more than likely BLW.
I am the proud owner of a neilybug, had him for 3 1/2 years now.... dont know what id do without him
i use a combination of nappies, totsbots for bed (with smart nappy trifold boosters) and itti bitti aio's and sio's during the day.
i have 2 mei tais, i love them :D i'd have more but OH would have a fit, i find them more comfy than other carriers and aimee always seems snug and happy, plus its easier to feed her in when im out and about

anyhoo im usually loitering about here and there so i shall see you about the boards :D

Hi! I'm Katie and I can be found lurking about here too :) My hubby Darrin and I have been together for 4 years and we have one baby, Emma, a cat named Beasty, a black piranha named Bubba and a saltwater aquarium (Darrin counts the fish as part of the family!). We cloth diaper, BF, babywear, occasionally co-sleep and will BLW when the time comes. I tried to grow a veggie patch this summer, but I think it fed the local wildlife since the veggies were usually gone before I got to harvest them :) I used to be a teacher and lived in Asia for a few years (that's how I first got interested in babywearing).

Hi

Im Lauren, I'm 22 and I have LO Ryan who is 8 weeks and I've bn married since Sept 08. I BF, co sleep, I'm currently lookin for a sling to start baby wearing so at the moment I just carry LO everywhere lol. I also intend to BLW when the time comes and I would love a garden to have a wee veggie patch but unfortuneatly, i live in a flat :nope: xx

Hi There - I have been posting here for a bit, but I will officially say HELLO! :wave:

I have been with OH for 8 years and LO is just over 4 weeks old.
LO was born 4 weeks early and had some feeding problems initially, but is now 100% breast fed.
I babywear - especially around the house while cooking. I have a babyhawk, moby and a fitted sling - but I use the babyhawk the most. OH wants to buy the ergo since he likes the backpack style better - so we might get one of those too LOL
LO has been in cloth diapers since about 2 weeks old - he was born unexpectedly in another city so we didn't have diapers yet LOL. It took a few days to figure out the cloth diapering, but we are having good success now with Thirsties fitteds, thirsties pockets, and Happy Heineys pockets (they all make sizes small enough for LO - though he is growing fast). We really like the bamboozles for night time with a thirsties cover and a hemp liner. No leaks!
LO sleeps beside us in a moses basket until OH goes to work (he is up really early) then he sleeps in bed with me :D
We will also be doing baby led weaning.
Oh - and member #4 is our awesome cat!!!
I plan to get a full garden going (we just bought a house 2.5 weeks ago with a yard) so LO can get fresh organic veggies!

xx

i dont know how i havent done one of these haha

im ellie, im 25 and i am engaged to paul, who ive been with for 3 years, we have a 10month old baby girl and i am pregnant with our second :cloud9:

we use cloth nappies, which i make and sell, we babywear, well at least we did until i got pregnant, im too worried to in the first trimester but will start again once im out of the dangerous bit, i have a mei tai that i made myself and a couple of stretchy wraps, we used to co-sleep until i got pregnant when we thought we'd better get her used to her cot again so she doesnt feel abandoned when the new baby turns up, i BF'd until leyla was 4months but we had latch problems because of a stupid HV telling me i was doing it wrong, when i wasnt!! :grr: i tried relactation but i couldnt do it :cry: it really tore me up moving onto FF so am going to succeed with baby no#2and just ignore HVs! we BLW, leylas favourite food is chicken hehe, and kidney beans :wacko:

:hi:

x

I'm Sam, 23, married to Sam (yes, seriously). I live in Crawley, UK and worked as an Information Assistant for SureStart and I'm going back part-time to a different centre in April.

I'm mummy to Theakston who is... 23weeks now.. so just 5months really. We exclusively breastfeed but will be moving onto BLW when he's 6months in Jan. I have a Connecta and wear him everywhere, we both hate the pram but have bought a rear facing buggy to cover ourselves if the weathers too dangerous under foot for wearing this Winter!! We don't believe in CIO and whilst we don't actively co-sleep, he does have a little snooze with me after his first feed of the morning and comes into bed if he's not sleeping on his own for some reason such as being ill but he won't feed lying down anymore. His best friend is our cat Satine (she doesn't feel the same, lol) but he's not sure of our rabbit Pacharisu.

Sam and Sam! :mrgreen: My DH and I also have the same names -- they are the male and female versions of a name. And the nickname boils down to the exact same name just spelled differently (much like Samuel and Samantha would, just different spellings).

Our families get very confused! :wacko: Especially my dad as he is the only person allowed to shorten my full name into my nickname, so he calls us the same name! :dohh:

Lol, it confuses everyone. He was born Sam though & I'm Samantha so his family all call me Samantha, grr, hehe.

Hehe that's cool having the same name! Must get confusing sometimes though. I thought me and hubby were bad - his name is Arif, pronounced aaah-rif and my initials are R F. I rang to organise travel insurance and completely confused the lady on the other end cos she kept asking my husband's name and I kept telling her, but she was like "no, not your name, his name" :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->