• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Leash and Liam's Big Day

Oh my goodness, if at ALL possible try on the dress for sure!!!! :shock: They are SO different on the hanger rather than wearing it. Its weird actually. I had it in my mind that I wanted a dress with lots of pick ups and whatnot, but when I tried it on in the store it didn't do anything for me. :shrug:

I also had it in my mind that I didn't want a mermaid-style dress, yet that's what I ended up with. It just looked so well with my body type I'm glad I kept my options open.

Just my 2.5 cents. :) You have to do what you are comfortable with!

Oh I didn't mean that you shouldn't try it on lol I just meant that they're just as nice IRL as they are on the website :)

I'm all for trying dresses on! :haha:

I have a shopping trip planned with one of my BM's for 8th Sept! Already booked an appointment at a shop that stocks MS. They don't have McCall but suppose I need to keep my options open and I do love most MS gowns lol! The woman who runs the shop seems really nice and friendly so I'm quite excited now. I think I'm going to schedule 1 or 2 other appointments for the same day as she said to allow 2 hours per appointment - that's a lot of dress trying on time isn't it?

There is an shop that has McCall on their website so I have emailed them too, fingers crossed I hear something soon!! I really wanna tick the 'got my wedding dress' box soon because I don't want to end up panic buying as the date gets closer iykwim?

X

yay for having an appointment booked :happydance: really hope you find THE dress :flower:

Woo! Yeah that's a lot of trying on time :haha: wear lightweight clothes cause you don't wanna look in the mirror and see a red faced, sweaty self staring back at you lol I made that mistake and I couldn't concentrate on the dress! haha xx

Ahh, okay! Phew! :haha:

I know you like McCall, but have you considered Priscilla? I find it similar to McCall. Or you could get the Maggie Sottero version of mine, Adorae. :haha:

Have fun trying on dresses!!! I had SO much fun doing mine. :flower:

Had an email from a shop that I had asked about stocking McCall and they said they don't have it but they can order it from MS 'on loan' so that I can go see it/try it on and they charge a £35 fee for doing that which I think is a possible option if I can't find anywhere that has it. They also said if I was to buy it from them after trying it, they will refund the £35 'loan' fee which I thought seemed quite reasonable! What do you girls think?

Priscilla is gorgeous Tiff, do you think its silly to ask if they could add the cap sleeves to other gowns?? I seem to have really fell in love with the idea of having sleeves. I don't know if its because I like the detail or I like the fact they make the gowns look different from most wedding gowns if that makes sense? I really like the alabaster colour too, its so pretty!

x

Oh and your dress is beautiful Tiff, I really like that style! I have tried something similar on but it doesn zilch for my post baby tummy! If it were 18 months ago, I think that would have defintely been the style of dress I would have been looking for!

x

Good evening ladies!

Just wanted to share some super duper fabulous news.....we have booked our honeymoon today!! I am sooooooo excited I have got a permanent grin on my face. My lovely mum is here for the weekend to visit and we went shopping today and ended up popping in the travel agents whilst we were out! I have been looking online for a few weeks and comparing prices etc so had a rough idea of what the overall cost would be! We wanted to go to Las Vegas for 7 days and stay at the Bellagio so we sat and discussed it with a lovely young lady in there and she did some price checks for us. She got the Bellagio for us for a little cheaper than I had found online which was great but then she did a price search for Caesar's Palace came back with a special price for a Deluxe Suite which looks and sounds AMAZiNG so I was swayed! My fantastic mum had kindly offered to pay for the whole honeymoon so she paid for half of it straight away today! I can't believe it - I am actually going to Vegas Baby!! Aaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!

Oh and we also collected OH's ring which is fabulous! He really loves it and I am so happy to see how excited he is to wear it!!!

All in all, its been a fantastic day!!!!!

X

:happydance: so chuffed for you hun, as I said on fb you're going to have such an amazing time

I know, I really cannot wait!! I keep looking at Las Vegas online and planning what things we can see and do there lol! Its going to be amazing! Our flight is at 9am in the morning so we are going to book a really nice hotel at the airport and stay the night before so we don't have to rush around!!

I've also got my wedding ring now too! I have seen a few I liked but then found one I loved about 2 weeks ago! I have kept looking as I wanted to be sure its what I want and it really is! I have been and tried it on about 4 times now and I like it more each time! Its so pretty and sparkly and it looks really nice next to my engagement ring! It was reduced from £599 to £399 and they also only had my size in stock so I think its a sign lol!

I feel like I am becoming way more organised now! Just need to tackle the biggy - the dress!!

X

:wohoo: You are going to LOVE Vegas!!! We're going there for a wedding in October. We're not staying long as our own wedding/honeymoon is tapping us dry. We're staying at Excalibur, and the Bellagio is amazing!!! Its right on The Strip too, so you'll be smack dab in the middle of everything.

When I get back I'll see if I can give you guys any tips. :mrgreen:

I think they could add caps to the Priscilla hun! Although that would cost extra as well, might be worth it to pay the extra so you can try on the McCall just so you know? :flower:

Thanks Tiff!! I am so god damn frickin excited! Is it wrong to admit that I am just as excited about the honeymoon as I am about the wedding now?? It is isn't it lol!! I seriously cannot wait! The Travel Agent has told them its our honeymoon too so she said they may throw a few little things in, fingers crossed!! We looked into flying first class but it was like an extra £2000, needless to say we quickly moved on from that idea lol!

I am going dress shopping next week so I going to look at some MS dresses and a couple of Alfred Angelo gowns I like then if I am still set on McCall I am going to ask them to order it in for me. One shop I spoke to said they can order the cap sleeves separate and attach them to most dresses so thats good, I think there is a charge but they leave them detachable so if I change my mind I can easily take them off!!

I am off to buy some new matching underwear for my dress shopping trip next week. I don't care what they say - these women at the bridal shop must judge peoples pants lol!

x

Aw you're going to love vegas! When I went I stayed in the New York New York and I had an ace time :D

I'm with you as well, they must judge peoples pants! Even if they don't show it! lol xx

Chloe, where have you beeeeeeeen?? Hope you are ok hun??

Yep they defo judge the pants, well I would anyways lol!! :haha: I am really excited to go dress shopping, 2 more sleeps to go!!!:happydance:

I took a big step yesterday too.....I joined the gym :wacko: I have totally fell off the fitness/healthy eating wagon so need to get back to it!! Had an induction last night and going to go work out tomorrow. They do lots of classes too so I think I am going to mix it up and do some gym workouts and some classes so I don't get bored!! God knows what I weigh now, I refuse to even look at a set of scales never mind climb on board lol!

x

I've just kept away for a few days :wacko: kept coming on and leaving depressed, damn broodiness lol back now though :D

Ooh well done! I've just had a week off work, and lost a couple of pounds and it's making me wanna lose more! So I think I'm gonna join a gym too! I'm just under 10 stone at the mo (doesn't sound like much, but I'm at my personal heaviest :() so I wanna loose at least half a stone, and tone up! I prefer classes to workouts though, I think I'm gonna need a personal plan lol xx

I know what you mean hun, this place can be both a blessing and a curse sometimes can't it! Hope you're feeling ok now though? Well done on the weight loss too! I do think its easier to focus when you're not at work, I wouldn't mind going the gym every day if I didn't have to do 8 hours at work too lol!! I am aiming for 3 visits a week at the moment, that's probably the best I can manage for now!

I do have MAJOR wedding news this morning girls.........

I have finally found THE dress!!!!!! I cannot believe I actually had 'that' moment where I just knew it was meant for me! Its so not the kind of dress I thought I would want but that's precisely why I love it so much! I really didn't want to take it off and every dress I tried on after that just paled into insignificance lol! I actually considered cancelling my last appointment as I was so certain I had found the one! My BM talked me into going just to be sure and I'm glad she did because it just made me even more confident about my choice!

I have woken up this morning so giddy and excited to go back and see it again to order it! The woman in the bridal shop was so lovely, we had a fantastic morning and she has offered to knock 10% off the price for me. I told her my budget before we started looking and 'the' dress is a little over but with the discount its round about what I wanted to spend! The only thing I am worried about is the cost of alterations, I need to email her this morning and see roughly what they will cost!

Will post some pics when I get home (not of me in the dress unfortunately we got so excited we forgot to take any).

X

:happydance: I'm so excited for you, I can't wait to see piccies hun

Wow! THE dress! :wohoo: Do we get to see pics? That was really nice of the shop lady to give you discount too :thumbup:

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"