• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Leash and Liam's Big Day

Hahahah I didn't even mean to write girl I swear! :rofl: I was talking at the same time as typing (never a good thing) and mixed up my two conversations! sorry hun :p

Well if the incentive is there, you'll be able to do it :) xx

Lol, its ok! I changed my avatar to a more 'masculine' pic now to be on the safe side :winkwink: Although I was moaning to my MOH about not having any little girls to be in the wedding and we briefly discussed putting Max in a dress lol!

Yep the incentive is there, I am in the zone :happydance:

x

Haha aww he didn't look feminine! I just dont pay attention lol the fault is all mine :p

LOL @ putting him in a dress though :p I would have contemplated the same thing briefly :haha: xx

Well it would have only been for a day......!

I think 4 bridesmaids is quite enough though, the cost of them is quickly going over budget and I have only got the dresses so far!

x

Yep! They are all adults too so it means proper hair and make-up lol! We had a budget of £500 for their dresses and shoes and the dresses alone have come in at £680 - oops!

x

Definately keep an open mind when it comes to wedding dresses hun.
My dream dress is too small at the moment.. when I put it on I have a massive builders bum hanging out the top of the corset at the back :rofl: but it still hasnt put me off as I can see that it looks great now from the front, and will be even better when I shift the weight :happydance: It also hides my mummy belly :haha:

Quick progress update....

We are having the WORST luck with photographers so far! Went to meet another one yesterday in Liverpool and it started off ok (except he was in shorts and slippers when we arrived - uber professional lol). Anyways, we contacted him as his website advertises that he is the 'nominated photographer for Leasowe Castle' so we thought great he must have done lots of weddings there - er nope he has done a grand total of ONE wedding there!! I am off to the venue on Thursday to meet the venue dressing people so I am going to ask if they know he is advertising this on his website as my guess is that they don't!

Anyhow, his pics were really nice and he runs the business with his wife so when you make a booking you essentially get two photographers for the day and his wife does all the bridal prep pics etc. So far so good....then he gets the albums out and god did they look cheap. They were storybook style which is what I want but the feel of the pages was awful, it felt like one of Max's board books that he likes to chew lol. I asked if we can get a better quality album and he said at the moment no but nearer to our wedding they 'may' change supplier and have different albums (not good enough for me really). OH thought I was being a bit picky but the fact that we was selling it to us by pointing out ity would blend in nicely on a bookshelf like 'any other book' kinda says it all. I don't want my wedding album to look like 'any other book' thanks!

Then he moves on to the packages which start at £395 for half day of photos and a disc only so no cheapy album lol. The 'Platinum' package was £895 (with the cheapy album) but it didn't include bridal prep - they want an extra £100 for that! Personally, I find that quite sneaky as they know most brides find the bridal prep a massive part of their day so the likelihood is they will add it on!

They also do signature boards which I really really want (see other thread) and he wants £99 for that. OH was a bit cheeky and asked if we booked and paid the whole amount this month would they throw a signature board in for free (gotta love the guy for trying), their response was that its not beneficial for them in any way for us to pay now or next year! Go figure!

So I have decided I am not prepared to compromise on the quality of our album anyways. Its such a big part of our wedding as we will treasure it forever and if I don't like it now I am never going to like it am I? I am interested to find out if Leasowe Castle are aware he is using their name on his website too lol! I find it all a bit sneaky to be honest, we prob would have never contacted him if it weren't for that! Oh and the best part was he pulled the old "We are very busy, I have got 2 more couples coming today after you", funny that they were due at 2.30pm and we never left until 2.40pm and there was noone waiting for him lol!

This hasn't really been a quick update at all has it?? Ooops! Anyhoo, its back to the drawing board for a photographer now, OH thinks it may be best to book one that just takes your photos and gives you the disc as that way we can always get the album put together elsewhere - it saves trying to find one photographer who ticks all the boxes so I am considering it!

Well done if I haven't bored you to sleep!!

x

I haven't even started looking for wedding photographers yet! They are all so much money :dohh: lol

I'm seriously thinking about contacting some of my friends who are keen photographers to take the pics and give them to me on a a disc! xxx

Oh thats a shame about the photographer, but by what you have said, I dont think I would be happy with his work/attidue to it all.

I have a family member taking the pictures for us, and we are just buying the memory card for the camera. Meaning that we can print as many pics as we want, and create lots of albums, for us and family, and we own the copyright and dont have to pay to get it.

:flower:

The more I think about it, the more I think perhaps OH is right about just getting a photographer who will give us the disc. A couple of my friends have reccommended someone who does this for £380 and he is there all day. They ended up with over 500 pics I think so plenty to choose from!

Chloe they are sooooo expensive so if you can get a friend to do it you will save a fortune! I just wish I knew someone who had some photography skills lol!

On a more positive note, we have booked a wedding singer for the evening and he comes highly recommended too! We are having a consultation with him 8 weeks before the wedding to discuss what kind of music we like and what songs we want him to sing. He has even offered to learn our first dance song but a scottish man singing Bob Marley doesn't quite sound right lol!

x

Maybe I should ask him to practice and see what he sounds like lol!!

I spent some time over the weekend looking for music to walk down the aisle to and I think we are going to have Pachalbel's Canon in D, its so beautiful and even OH likes it lol!

x

Is that the traditional 'here comes the bride' one? :haha:

I'm so crap with classical music! xx

Ahh I havent even started with music yet!

I really want to walk down the aisle to 'Kissing you' (in piano form)It's the song from Romeo and Juliet, but I think I will have to ask church, as I might have to go a bit more traditional.

I think I'll go with the traditional ones, just cause the church where we're getting married is roman catholic :/ I now have readings and hymns to worry about! xxx

Oooohhhh I love Canon in D it's such a beautiful song :cloud9:

Canon in D is really popular for walking down the aisle but I did also listen to 'Kissing You' and its beautiful, the only thing that put me off is that it takes a while for it to kick in (if you know what I mean lol) and the aisle I am walking down isnt massively long! I suppose we could always walk really really slow!!

I think 'Here Come The Bride' is definitely the best for church ceremonies though, its nice and powerful and dramatic! I am still a bit upset we can't have hymns but hey ho!

What are you all having as your first dance song?

x

Chris won't even contemplate thinking about it yet :rofl:

I'd love to have Hoppipola, but I think I'd cry as it would remind me of Dad :dohh:

I can't decide! We don't really have a song thats 'ours' if that makes sense? and I don't want anything too clichéd! I need inspiration :p xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->