*Leeds ladies*

My store closed today, and my last day is tomorrow :( so all you RED5 fans will have to go to the Leeds store (but the staff arent as nice there lol)

Im ok though, been really upset all day, but im just trying to think of it as early maternity leave as I dont need the stress of being unemployed lol!! xx

My store closed today, and my last day is tomorrow :( so all you RED5 fans will have to go to the Leeds store (but the staff arent as nice there lol)

Im ok though, been really upset all day, but im just trying to think of it as early maternity leave as I dont need the stress of being unemployed lol!! xx

Oh no hon :hugs: I`m in the same boat :sad1: My fate for redundancy is decided today :wacko: We are currently in a two week consultation period at work BUT we know redundancy WILL HAPPEN....I am currently signed off work :sick: I have made myself so ill over it all :cry: My Maternity Leave officially starts on the 26th Feb and my date of redundancy will be 2nd March.....I am just so :sad1: about it all :(

I too have been offered a full lump sum of SMP however because my employer is still in business (its just my particular area of the business being closed) they have to pay me monthly if I request :thumbup: can I just warn you of the tax implications if this is paid to you this tax year ie before your april wage in a lump sum you will get slammed with tax deduction me and DH worked it out to be 1,600.00 in deductions which means you may lose about 1000.00 of your SMP....sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I wanted to give you the heads up hon :hugs:

Hey ladies,

Sorry to hear about your redundancy, it isn't fair when you are due to give birth soon :growlmad: You do not have to take the lump sum payment, you can still have it paid monthly. Hope things start to get better for you :flower:

Ive just moved to Leeds from Wakefield and my little one is due on 29th April. I don't know anyone around here and it would be nice to get to know people, especially if they are due around the same time as me. It would be nice to have a social life again :happydance:

xx

:wave: I've just moved over to second tri, as i was 14 weeks yesterday (my tickers wrong and it wont let me change it :dohh:)

So just wanted to say hello, as i'm from Leeds too! :flower:

Can you not claim the tax back Madly?? Im not happy about losing this amount of tax as it needs to last me!!

Is it worth getting intouch with my the HR dept and asking if they can pay me it in April instead?? xx

Can you not claim the tax back Madly?? Im not happy about losing this amount of tax as it needs to last me!!

Is it worth getting intouch with my the HR dept and asking if they can pay me it in April instead?? xx

hon I really dont know if the tax can be claimed back :shrug: I only know because it will go down as this tax year earnings you will get charged tax at full rate my DH is quite ofey with this sort of thing. I have considered asking my work to pay me in April instead because of the tax inplications but because my Mat pay also has to last me and effectively I would still be on Mat Leave until Nov even if I take it all in one go I couldnt look for a new job until then anyway so me and DH talked and decided I was best taking it monthly as I would have recieved anyway....my work seem to be happy about this so far :thumbup: I would suggest speaking with your HR because they claim back SMP anyways and if you explain they might just be willing to pay you in April which would be great :)

Welcome Dee and Jules :wave:

Dee we have the same delivery date :) Where are you delivering your LO?

Morning ladies,
How r u all?
So sorry to hear about both ur redundancies Madly and RWLL thats all u need, hope u get ur pay sorted out RWLL u can't be losing that amount of money xx
Cbmd, i've been measuring a bit over at my last few appts, at 29 weeks i was measuring 31 and yesterday at 29+6 i'm now measuring 33. At my 20 week scan babies head was measuring average and femur length and abdomen were above average, the femur length is understandable my hubby is 6ft 4 and my 2 boys are very tall for there age so i'm expecting another long baby abit worried about a chubby one though, it can wait to get chubby till its on the outside xx
Welcome Dee and Jules, how r u finding ur pregnancies so far? Dee i live between Leeds and Wakefield and am due on the 28th April, i'll be delivering at Pinderfields which i found out yesterday finally opens a week 2moro xx

I went to be checked out yesterday as baby hadn't moved much the last couple of days, all is fine with baby and its been moving since and is happily kicking my laptop now as i type, midwife thinks its cause i'm full of cold apparently that can make baby feel a bit urrgghh too, but i've to go back if anymore reduced movements. While i was there the midwife took my bp etc and commented on my pulse rate i explained its been high since Jan and i've been in hosp having a heart trace and mri on my lungs to look for a clot, i've since been back to my gp, my midwife and also mentioned it to the registrar i saw last week and non of them seemed bothered but as i'm still getting palpitations and breathlessness the midwife yesterday decided to book me in with a different registrar next week as she thinks it needs looking into, so hopefully i will get some answers. While there the midwife told me that labour and delivery and the ante/postnatel wards will officially open a week 2moro, i'm quite excited its one more step closer to having my baby yay!!!! xxx

Hello ladies,
How r u all today?
I've had a busy day rushing round sorting car tyres out, while at the hosp on Wed i managed to get a screw in my tyre, the tyre was still up so i drove it home carefully, thinking i'd get hubby to change tyre when he got home from work, when he came home he admitted he'd used the spare a few weeks ago for exactly the same reason and had forgotten to get it replaced, so after going mad at him and telling him we were skint till today we decided that we'd just not use car till he got paid today and then i'd sort it. So today i had to get fil to put tyre number 1 in his boot and take me to garage to have it done, it turned out tyre number 1 could be fixed instead of replacing, so they put new tyre on its rim and we took it home, while i was gone they got on with fixing the tyre, we then inflated wheel number 2 still with my screw in so i could get it to garage and have repaired tyre put on to use as a spare, so after a lot of taking wheels on and off and driving back and forth i now have 2 good tyres again although not as much money lol xx

Gosh, and i thought id had a bad day lol!

Im sooo bored not working but im getting loads of rest so its good for little Luke i guess xx

I had a weeks hol this week which was nice, i know i only work 2 days but it was nice to not worry about it for those 2 days, unforetunately i'm back 2moro i'm not off again till the 10th March now. I'm full of cold and was hoping it would have gone by 2moro its not easy working in a chip shop when u constantly need to blow ur nose lol i hope its quiet or i'll be keeping the customers waiting while i blow it and wash my hands every 5 mins, i might takes some tunes with me they usually help block it a bit. Hope ur all having a nice weekend xx

Gosh, and i thought id had a bad day lol!

Im sooo bored not working but im getting loads of rest so its good for little Luke i guess xx

With you on been bored hon :dohh:

Its half term so I have my DS for company this week and we are going on a few trips out and also plan on doing some crafts and stuff so plenty to keep my occupied....am not a good SAHM I like to work and be busy :wacko:

I had a weeks hol this week which was nice, i know i only work 2 days but it was nice to not worry about it for those 2 days, unforetunately i'm back 2moro i'm not off again till the 10th March now. I'm full of cold and was hoping it would have gone by 2moro its not easy working in a chip shop when u constantly need to blow ur nose lol i hope its quiet or i'll be keeping the customers waiting while i blow it and wash my hands every 5 mins, i might takes some tunes with me they usually help block it a bit. Hope ur all having a nice weekend xx

:wohoo: for hol hon but :growlmad: for cold :hugs:

Morning ladies,
How r u all? have u anything exciting planned for today? I'm going to chill till its time to go to work, need all the energy i can get to stand for 4 and a half hrs with no crutches, should be fun. I am looking forward to seeing whether my bump has got bigger while i've been off, when i was last there about 9-10 days ago i could only just wedge my belly thru a opening we go thru to butter the bread rolls so today that will be the 1st thing i check out, how sad am i? am what a weird way to measure my growing bump lol x

:rofl: thats a fab way hun :haha:

Well i have my works Christmas and leaving do tonight - going to Frankie & Bennys in Birstallthen everyones coming back into Leeds - not sure im up for a night on the town but a pizza is more than welcome :haha:
Were all in fancy dress, so if anyone sees a pregnant Ann Summers cheerleader out and about tonight, come and say hi :wave: lol xx

oh my god you're coming to Birstall retail park??? =D i live literally 5 mins away from there hahaha. I wont come n stalk you tho, promise ;)

Haha, yeah not sure Frankie & Bennys are gonna be prepared for us, we warned them we were all dressing up, but we failed to mention that one of the guys is coming as a naughty nurse :rofl: xx

LMFAO! oh my god :') you better get pictures thats so funny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->