*Leeds ladies*

hiya ladies sorry ive been missing in action again
ive got my 24 weeks growth scan tomorrow, fingers crossed everythings ok
Im as big as a house now lol and getting outs getting very hard, infact i cant go to the asda any more and have to have my driving seat on the furthest notch back, good job im nearly 6ft tall or my legs wouldnt reach

both girls are very active now, ones doing what feels like rubbing against my thigh

hows everyone

Thank Bernie hon :kiss:

Good luck with your scan Anna hon .... let us know how you get on :thumbup:

Well in a quick nutshell after speaking to HMRC again the answer is yes you are Taxed and NI deducted on SMP pay and it should NOT be paid as part of a redundancy payment avoiding Tax and NI deductions. Apparently ones workplace will also suffer an higher implication of Tax and NI if they pay you it in a lump sum but by paying you through redundancy payment which avoids Tax and NI deductions this can lead them to be in serious trouble (tax evasion) as can you because HRMC can make you pay any Tax and NI you should have paid on the payment. It CAN be paid in a lump sum paying the correct Tax and NI deductions but has to be agreed by both yourself and your workplace that this is how it will be paid. The reason why my deductions are so high is because I am recieving it in a lump sum in March as my March wage when infact the SMP payment is my earnings up until end of November when my SML ends. This means I am paying additional deductions of 900.00+ :shock: which are over and above the amount I would pay if I was to recieve my SMP on a monthly basis as was the original plan before redundancy. HMRC say I CANNOT claim back any overpayment of this :nope: HMRC have advised me to request my workplace pay me in April instead if they intend to make this payment in a lump sum because although I will still overpay in deductions it wont be as much initially and what I do overpay I can claim back considering I will have no income from now until November. Oh yeah and even though am down effectively two months worth of SMP payments which is what the 900.00+ equates too I am not allowed to get a new job any earlier than November when my SML ends because my workplace have claimed SML for me up until that period......please tell me you agree Ladies this situation for any mum to be trying to look after and support her family absolutely sucks :hissy:

Hmm interesting, will have to see whats on my wage slip when it arrives, it does look like ive had quite a lot of reductions so maybe theyve just paid what i would have paid then. I was due a full months wage, a weeks notice pay plus 4 days holiday pay and then my maternity pay. I worked my smp out at £5800, my monthly wage was £1420, weeks notice plus holiday pay should be £600 and i had £6600 paid into my bank which means i had around £1200 total stoppages... xx

mmmmmmmmmmm I would def check out your wage slip when it arrives hon it would be devastating if they have made a mistake and you suffer as a result :nope: I agree it does seem they have only taxed you at the rate of what you `would` have paid over your SML leave :thumbup: However HMRC tells me that anything additional than a normal monthly pay paid at this time in the tax year (the last taxable month for this tax year) would be heavily taxed because many people will have fulfilled their tax free entitlement/allowance for this year and therefore anything above is taxed greatly hence my HUGE 900.00+ additional loss :shock: Your weeks notice would be tax free as this is redundancy pay but your SMP is not nor are your holidays these would be taxable.

Hmm, well ill just have to wait and see as i usually have around £300 total stoppages... will get it checked out once i know whats happened xx

:thumbup: I would hate for you to suffer as a result hon :( I have cried many tears over this one :sad1:

Madly :hugs: xx

Anna nice to see you, good luck with ur scan you'll have to let us know how it goes. It is a good job ur tall i'm only 5ft 4 so in ur situation would have had to stop driving a long time ago, i don't think i'll still be driving by the end of my pregnancy its only just managable now xx

Rwll, how r u these days? hope ur getting plenty of rest now ur not working xx

I'm fed up of been pregnant i just wish the weeks would fly by now, i'm in so much pain and my bump is so uncomfortable, i can't see how it is possible to go another 8 weeks :cry:

Im getting plenty of rest now but not very much sleep - just cant get comfortable :(
Im just wanting to get everything set up - weve still got everything flat packed and hidden lol xx

Oh Bernie hon :hugs: I am sympathise with the SPD although it seems you are fairing up far worse than me :sad1: I cant roll over in bed without raising my knees to do so and in turn it wakes me up....this morning the neighbours decided to start drilling at 8.45am so no lie in either :nope: I sometimes wonder if my back will hold out for another 8wks :dohh: and charlie isnt back to back either gosh help me if he was :wacko:

rwll your like me hon....still stuff to do and get in place, if only DH would pull his finger out :dohh:

I cant imagine the pain youre going through, i have painful hips 99% of the time now but midwife and consultant just said its due to the extra weight and not anything to worry about. :hugs:

Ive just started packing Lukes hospital bag and got very emotional when i put the teeny tiny nappies in - awww theyre soooo cute :)

Im still a little aprehensive about setting up madly, eventhough im due 9 weeks today lol! Were hoping to have everything ready by the time im 35ish weeks. Soooo giddy :happydance:

Ooh actually, i have raspberry leaf tablets and perineal gel, was wondering when to start with them and also with the raspberry leaf - how many/often do i take them? xx

mmmmmmmmmmm would love to know about raspberry tea myself....havent even bought any but interested so if you find out let me know :)

I know what you mean am panicking about how early is too early but then not been ready in time too :dohh: I`ve done this before so should know whats whats but no am still panicking :haha:

:haha: at least i have the whole uncertainty thing with Luke being our first lol! I just dont want to be staring at an empty cot for ages as hes gonna be in our room tillwe manage to get a 2 bedroom place... we think were ok for 12 months then were gonna move.

OH bought the tablets but they dont have any daily dosage on them other than one a day, but im sureypu increase to about 4 a day??

My SIL told me the other night that when she was in having her little boy there was a lady in who went into labour at 32 weeks with her first!!! Im 31 weeks today and nowhere ready for Luke to arrive jyst yet lol xx

Hello ladies,
How r u all?
I'm not doing too bad, have been washing the baby clothes and making a start on packing my hospital bag, thought i better start planning for this baby seen as there's only about another 7 weeks to go if i have a section xx

ooooooooooooooooooooh bernie me too :dohh: I packed Charlies bag yesterday and am starting mine tomorrow after pciking up some bits and bobs needed for it today in Leeds :)

How much stuff have u ladies packed and how big is ur bag/s? i seem to have loads to pack and hardly any room to pack it in, i know hubby can bring me stuff in i don't take but i know how stressed he gets when i'm in hosp running round after the kids etc and he always forgets half the stuff i ask him to bring so i'd rather just take everything with me at the beginning x

Mine the average sports bag holdall hon :) and yeah I find I have the same problem but am cutting down on toilteries and things by buying travel size items and just packing bare essentials...might be an idea to leave a `pile` of stuff for your OH at home extra pjs and pants and the like and maybe pack them into a bag ready `just incase` and point it out to your OH .... will save him time and at least you know he will bring how you have pre-picked iykwim!

Im taking a small suitcase for my things and Luke has the freebie boots change bag and the marvelchanging bag we have, but both those are full... :haha: xx

You sound as though ur taking as much as me Rwll, so far i've got a small suitcase, a small sports bag and a rucksack. I decided the rucksack would crease clothes so i'm putting mine and babies clothes in suitcase, toiletries, nappies, breast pads etc in ruck sack and in small sports bag stuff we may need for birth and immediately after it, like babies first outfit and clean pj's underwear for me, that way we could leave the other 2 bags in the car and only take the one bag up with us to begin with. I do like ur idea though Madly of leaving a pile of stuff out for hubby so he's not running round looking for things.
I was talking to the kids last night about a babygrow/vest set they picked for the baby and asked them if when they 1st come to meet the baby would they like it to be wearing it or would they like to help me or hubby change the baby into it when they come to visit us in hosp, i know it will prob be a pain getting baby changed but if it makes them feel more involved and like they r doing something then i'm all for it, they both think its a great idea and can't wait to help dress the baby in something they've picked.
Well i've woke up this morning to a massive cold sore, so that will be nice and painful when it starts to crack, i thought i was starting to feel a bit run down xx

Im terrible, we live literally a 10 min walk from St James' i guess i could leave lots at home for OH to bring if needed...

I think cravings have just set in - just sent OH down to garage for chocolate :rofl:

Aww bernie hun :hugs: ive felt a little run down too lately, but mines due to not enough sleep :( hope you feel better soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->