• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*Leeds ladies*

awww hun :hugs: I cant believe what you have been through over the past few days!! I hope they can get it sorted for you soon.

I had our 6 week check up on Friday and was quite surprised that all my doctor did was check my uterus had retracted... I was expecting at least my BP being checked :shrug: Luke is doing great though, he weighed 11lb exactly - but he's growing out of clothes so fast now!! :cry:
Ive just ordered one of those inkless hand/foot print kits from ebay. I noticed you had done one Madly, are they easy to do??
I sold my Foo Fighters tickets too :( they turned up yesterday and was a little upset that I arent going but there is no way I could leave Luke for a whole day/night just yet. Plus I made almost £50 profit on the tickets - I dont care that I sold them to a friend :rofl:

How are you bernie? xx

You posted this yesterday while i was typing my post so i missed it lol, i'm good thanks for asking, i've not heard of them kits but i'm off to look on ebay for 1 now. I don't blame you for making a profit on ur tickets, did you buy them before having Luke? i'm guessing you did, cause i think until the baby arrives you have absolutely no idea how strong ur bond will be and hard it will be to leave them xx

Take advantage of Luke filling himself up during the day, he may sleep more in the night again, my sister breastfed all of her kids and on a evening she seemed to be constantly feeding them, they'd come off for a hour then feed for a hour and so on till bedtime about 10pm but they then slept thru the night most nights, she got herself a nice routine going lol xx
Madly, how is Charlie today? and just as importantly how r u? xx

Well my kitchen cupboards are on hold again, James is off school with headache, stomach ache and and feeling sick, he was sick a little this morning but nothing major, he seems fine at the moment i'm just hoping he stays that way, tbh i'm starting to feel a bit sicky myself, i'm keeping my fingers crossed its not the bug thats been going round cause i'm not good with sick, hopefully its all in my head lol cause i'm worrying about it hopefully i'm having imaginary symptoms!

Yeah I booked them in October/November time, I thought I would be fine to go down for the day/night but :nope: im not leaving my little boy :cloud9:

I usually express from my other boob after Luke has had his 3am feed, I have been getting around 3-4oz in the time it takes Aaron to change his nappy :shock: :shock: but I must have known Luke was going to sleep through as I forgot to sterilise my pump :dohh:

I think there is something going around hun, me and Aaron both woke up on Tuesday morning with really bad sore throats and feeling sick. It only lasted a day but we were panicking about Luke as he sounded a little congested so we went into town and bought a saline nasal spray and that cleared him fine xx

Its funny you should mention the sore throat, i woke with one this morning but assumed it was my hayfever causing it, so far touch wood Jack is fine x

Hi Ladies :wave:

I was MIA yesterday I spent the day with my good friend and her boys so didnt get online I really enjoyed it :) we went to Pudsey park and the kids had a wonderful time we took a picnic :)

rwll my washing breeds too :dohh: I just seem to empty to wash basket and its full again :wacko: Charlie has had snuffles :( I blame the weather cause it can never decide what it wants to do and I suppose our babies little immune system are so damn confused :(

Bernie sorry you didnt get to sort your cupboards :winkwink: hows James today?

Well the gaviscon is going well :wohoo:
Wednesday night Charlie eventually went down at 11.15pm after getting over tired and refusing to drop off :dohh: he woke me yesterday morning at 5.30am and then went back down :thumbup: I got up at 8am to get ready to go out and Charlie slept on which was brillliant cause it allowed me to get sorted for our day out :) I then had to wake him at 9.15am to feed him and get him changed :shock: I think he would have slept for a while longer had I not roused him :rofl: whilst we were out yesterday he literally woke twice for his bottle and then felll back asleep :dohh: when I got home between 5pm and going to bed at 10.30pm he had a total of x3 3oz bottles which is a blumming record :lol: He then went down about 11pm and woke me at 4.30am and 7.30am at which point I got up :thumbup: Hes now snoozing in his bouncer :winkwink: Dare I say I think I have my baby back :cloud9:

Aww thats fantastic madly, so glad that Charlie seem much better now :D

I had a lazy day yesterday sitting in the garden with Luke till we went to meet Aaron from work. We went to the big Pret in town and sat outside with a cuppa when Luke decides he's hungry too so I had no option but to get my boob out and feed him. Ive never fed him outside before and was a little aprehensive but once I had him latched on it was fine :D im so glad I did it though as it gave me a bit more confidence to do it more.

Hope youre well today bernie??

Think were gonna have another lazy day with a bit more washing :roll: xx

:lol: am hiding from the washing until this evening after the school run :rofl:

I might head to Tescos to buy some more nappies whilst the baby event is still on :dohh: I have a bad obsession for buying nappies and wipes at the minute :rofl: Charlie has about 500 nappies in various sizes and 42 packets of baby wipes :haha:

The school fair is this aft I have to collect Oliver at 1.45pm should be good if weather holds up :) I might even wear my sun dress and new sandals :lol:

Well done you on the BF front :)

Hello ladies,
it sounds like u have both had a couple of nice days, i'm so pleased Charlie seems to finally be getting there.
James went back to school today and seems fine so fingers crossed the rest of us don't get it.
I went to meet a friend and her little for lunch today and then a bit later on i called to see another friend and her little one so we've had a busy day, just going to make tea then i've to take James to his youth club at 7.30 xx

Busy Lady :wacko:

I have a packed week next week :dohh: the only day I have free is Friday :lol: I have such a busy social life :haha: only kidding but I sure am busy with one appointment or another!

Hi,
how are you both? hope both of you and Luke and Charlie are all doing ok, not alot to report my end, i've been trying to win party in the park tickets all week so i can take the boys, no luck yet though :cry::growlmad::brat::hissy::trouble::sulk:, on a positive note it was weigh in for me last night and i've lost 1lb this week :thumbup::happydance::cloud9::dance::yipee::headspin::smug::wohoo:

Well done on the weight loss Bernie :happydance:

I saw fb about the tickets :) I hope you get some :thumbup:

We are doing really well thank you for asking :kiss: Charlie is doing well on the infant gaviscon he has half sachet in each bottle and hes like the baby I cam home with not the unsettled one he became :happydance: We are going to our first mother and baby group tomorrow morning :wohoo: now hes more settled :dohh: and he has his jabs tomorrow aft which I am not looking forward too :cry: I have also joined the July walking challenge on bnb in the diet/fitness section :thumbup: I have set myself a target to walk 50miles this month and so far I have clocked up 13.2mile :wohoo:

How is little Jack?

Well no tickets won again today, i'm getting fed up of trying now, but i really want to take the boys it'll be their first time, i think i'll try all week and then leave it till towards the end and see if i can sneakly win some at last min just b4 it takes place.
I'm glad Charlie is more settled now, i saw on fb he's been sleeping thru the night too, isn't that great? the sleepless nights seem like ages ago, no doubt i'll be reminded of them when he's approaching weaning or he's teething lol xx

Oh hon I hope you win some :thumbup:

Well its been four nights now hon :winkwink: one night he slept 11-6 and for the last three nights its been 11-7 :wohoo: am hoping this is him sleeping through but DH keeps saying `he will wake up tonight etc` grrrrrrrrrrrrr to DH ... I am more optimistic :haha:

Good luck 2nite, hopefully he'll go thru again xx

Thank you hon :kiss:

Well he did 11pm-6am took a feed and then went back down until 8.15am :wohoo: We joined our local mother & baby group this morning which was really good I enjoyed talking to some of the other local mummies and Charlie loved laying on the floor kicking around and looking at himself in a mirror on the wall :lol: He rolled over for the first time too :cloud9: I laid him on his front and he had his head held up for an age and then all of a sudden he rolled himself over :) This afternoon he had his 8wk check and first jabs :cry: he screamed the surgery down but after a bottle settled down :thumbup: Hes been a bit grumpy but I think its because hes tired more than anything else :dohh: hes just fed and now hes sleeping in his bouncer :winkwink: I have calpol on hand should we need it though!

How is everyone else today?

Jack has his next jabs a week on monday :cry: not looking forward to them , i can't tell whether he's still getting over the 1st lot or whether he's just grumpy cause of the weather, for a couple of weeks he's had cold like symptoms/hayfever symptoms and has been grumpier than usual, i know with the jabs the side effects can come serveral weeks later, depending which part it is that is kicking in so it could be his jabs :shrug:. Jack is nearly rolling when he's on his front he gets frustrated cause he keeps rocking as though he's going to go but then he gets stuck on his arm, when he's laid on his changing mat or under his gym or in the crib on his back he lifts his legs in the air and then tips them to the side, his body almost follows but he's not quite got the hang of it yet.
Well i've still no party in the park tickets :dohh: its getting annoying now but i'm determined to stick it out and get them, although i'm having a morning off from trying 2moro cause i've to nip into Morley to by my nieces birthday present, she's 1 2moro and i've been told by my sister to get her some weebles from home bargains, i hope they still have them cause i don't know what else to buy her:dohh:

aww bernie Ive seen how you've been trying for tickets all the time, I cant believe you still haven't won any. Ive applied for tickets to that flugtag thingy at roundhay park - will find out tomorrow if we have got some :roll: Well done on the weight loss hun :D

Im so happy to hear that Charlie is so much better now :D - its about time the poor little guy got sorted.

I need to lose some weight but I just dont know where to start :cry: I have loads to lose :cry: :cry: at my 8 week booking in appointment I was 18.5 stone :blush: haven't been weighed since so dont know what I put on and how much I have lost since having Luke. I am in a pair of jeans that were a little tight pre pregnancy and they fit nicely now so I must have lost some... BF'ing and all the walking must be helping I guess :shrug:

I think Luke is starting teething :dohh: for the past few days he has been dribbling loads, blowing bubbles, biting on anything you put near his mouth, chewing his fists and sometimes crying in pain :cry: Ive tried him with water teethers but he doesn't seem to like them very much, gonna get some dentinox teething gel tomorrow and try that when he's in pain. He hasn't been too bad today but lastnight I just wanted to cry with him :cry:

Luke has his jabs tomorrow morning - not looking forward to it at all :( (got the calpol ready) gonna treat him to something nice afterwards then his Uncle Kev is coming through to see us in the afternoon.

Sorry I have been away for a while my laptop is still playing up and im using my phone most of the time, although the laptop seems fine tonight... for a change lol.

Hope you're both ok? xx

I hope his jabs go ok, its not nice for us mummies to have to go thru that but at least we have the consolation that we are only putting them thru it for their own sakes. I think I need to buy some teething gel too was up most of night with Jack cause he was unsettled and he was grumpy all day again yesterday, like i said b4 it might be a side effect from his jabs or the heat but he is chewing his hands alot more than normal so its worth a try. Good luck in the draw for your flutag tickets, i've also entered that draw too, cause both events they only let you have 4 tickets and there's 5 of us, we've said if we get party in the park tickets me and my mum will take James and Harry and if we get flutag tickets, Allan and his brother will take them and the other will stay home with Jack. Well i better take the kids to school and go buy my neice her b'day present, its her b'day today and i haven't bought it yet, oops.
Have a good day xx

Hi Ladies :wave:

Hope Lukes jabs go well rwll :hugs: It really sucks and they really do scream out but they quickly get over it :sad1: Charlies next ones are on the 4th August :cry:

I hope you guys get these tickets you want :thumbup: With Oliver only been 5 I havent been coerced into getting such tickets yet but am sure given time I will :dohh:

Charlie was a little unsettled last night after his jabs :( He was ok until we went to bed but woke several times in the night wanting his dummy I think he was feeling crap and at 4.15am I decided to give him a feed although he wasnt requesting it to see if it would settle him :thumbup: He sort of seemed to settle but hes been doing this sort of painful cry out :cry: certainly different to his normal cry so I took it he was in a little bit of pain :shrug: and eventually gave in and gave him some calpol. He seems to be ok this morning we have had some lovely smiles although I do think hes tired so I may be in for a grumpy day :dohh:

The jabs aren't nice, i know from having my flu jab they can make u feel eeuugghhh for a while and at least as a adult u understand why you feel like that, our poor babies have no idea, bless them x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->