*Leeds ladies*

Scan went perfectly today baby is nice & healthy!!

How is everybody today :) x

Hello ladies and welcome newbies,
How has ur day/evening been?
Madly hope ur feeling better after gtt and ur headache has gone, how on earth do u manage to get up and get to work for 6.45am? u must be shattered xx
Glad ur scan went well Linzi, have they kept ur same dates? xx

Hey Bernie :wave:

Do you know I have no idea how I am managing to do it however it leaves me very tired :dohh: I work Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat so I have Tues, Thurs and Sun off so a rest after each working day iykwim but I will be relieved when I start Mat Leave end of Feb :lol: I leave work at 2.15pm go striaght to do the school run and then eventually get home for around 4pm....my working days are very long :wacko:

Hows your evening been? work?

Hi everyone :)

Well i now have 3 days off :happydance: think i might treat myself to a fishy pedicure tomorrow :D

Had a bit of a scare today... i was sitting on the floor at work and stood up a little quickly, blood rushed to my head and i almost fell over, as i went for the wall i pulled all my lower abdomen muscles, it really hurt :( problem is i havent felt bub move since... if i dont feel anything by the morning i think ill call mw... anyone had anything similar happen?

Im soooo looking forward to my weekend chillin xx

Thanks ladies, yep dates still the same 12 weeks today :) Not long til I can officially join you guys!!

rwllgoodchild :hugs: sorry you had a scary experience :( I'd say if you haven't felt anything by morning to go and get checked out but Im sure everything is fine!! When I was pregnant with my son I dropped a load of lever arch files full of paper on my belly & he stopped moving. It's terrfying :hugs: Hope you're ok :hugs: xx

Oh no hon :hugs: I do have these `getting up quickly` dizzy spells but I havent ever pulled a muscle so cant help....please call you MW if your still worried in the am though best to get these things checked over even if it is at the expense of feeling like a ninny :thumbup:

Hello ladies, hope you don't mind me jumping in here as imnot actually pregnant anymore (my little lion is 2months) but I saw the thread in the unread posts and I'm also from Leeds.

For those that have heard bad press about the LGI I have nothing but good things to say about them. My middle child was a NICU baby there and so I was high risk with Leo and they were brill both times.

My madwife this time was amazing and two of them delivered him with shoulder dystocia without a panic in sight.

I was also very ill after having Leo and again, they were amazing.

Jo xx

rwllgoodchild - i ran for the phone one day getting up too quick and it really pulled my muscles, its was so painful. I was too early to feel anything with baby moving but i did ask midwife and she said its very easy to pull muscles as they become softer and looser making it much easier to cause damage. She said not to worry at all and just when i get up in the future try not to rush up as quick. It actually went away after a while and that was weeks ago now and its fine. She said that why you should be careful exercising (not that i do anyway) but she said its easy to tear muscles that you wouldnt normally because they are looser and alreadys stretching for your uterus.
I think its best to try get up slowly - its just not that easy remembering to be like that all the time!
x

Rwllgoodchild, hopefully everything is fine but best to get checked out 2moro if still no movements, my little one hardly moves at all during the day but certainly makes up for it on a evening/night xxx
Madly, what is it you do work wise? i bet u can't wait to go on mat leave, i did work 3 evenings a week in a fish shop but i've just dropped to 2 evenings cause Sat night was killing me (i had loads of cleaning to do cause i worked till we closed, whereas Thurs and Sun my other 2 shifts i'm not there at closing so its not too bad) i'm hoping to work till end of March but i'll have to see how i go. work 2day was ok, everyone was been extra nice cause i'd been off poorly, its not the most glamerous job but the people i work with make up for that xxx
Linzi, not long now till ur officially 2nd tri xxx

madlytcc- my scans on Monday morning at LGI - ive not had one there before... i wasnt allowed my 12 weeks scan as id had to have an emergency scan at 6 weeks. So i feel like ive been waiting forever now for a new scan! x

I bet its felt like forever since ur last scan, are u finding out sex? x

Thanks everyone :)
LO has just stated kicking me - phew!! I worry over the slightest thing now, as i guess we all do.

Hope you have all had a great day, other than my little accident mines been ok really. eventhough i had to spend the majority of the day with the girl who did no work the other night... she knows now that she wont have any chance of promotion unless she seriously bucks her ideas up!!

Awww, it must be taking forever for your scan to come around. Weve got our 3D scan on the 6th feb, but I have my lovely GTT to look forward to first on Tuesday :sick: lol xx

It does! I bled really heavily twice in my first trimester caused by a large blood clot. Which i assumed they would scan me more regualrly but no! Got told if i wanted anymore scans i would have to pay private! The first 12 weeks seemed to drag forever and it was months ago now i had my last scan!
Plus its peace of mind since ive not had one since i last bled although i do use my doppler instead otherwise i think i would have gone crazy wondering whether everything was still OK !
i didnt want to find out originally so my OH came round to liking the idea of a suprise! but now i want to know but dont dare tell him as he wants a suprise! I might just ask them to write it down and sneak a peak! :)
are you finding out or do you know?
x

Sorry to hear you had a bad first tri, I had a bleed at 5 weeks spend 5 hours at LGI and without any sort of examination I was told "im sure you and your baby are fine, if you carry on bleeding or have pains then go straight to St James'" Luckily that was the end of the bleeding for me. I did suffer with awful MS from about 8 weeks to around 23 weeks...

We did want to find out at our 20 week scan, but LO was being awkward (just like Daddy :haha: ) and didnt want us to find out. We do want to find out though and should hopefully know on the 6th :happydance:

Aww im sure he wouldnt mind if you mentioned it to him :) I always said that I wouldnt want to know until I gave birth, but as soon as I got :bfp: I wanted to know lol xx

Does everyone have to have a GGT? I have pcos and the midwife said they used to test everyone with it but now they dont! Do you get tested at a certain point or is it only if your at risk of it? My midwife is useless.
ooooh 3D scan how exciting are you having it at the genome screening centre in leeds? Thats where we paid to have a private scan after that massive bleeding episode and being told we werent entitled to any scans! They were really thorough and nice and well worth paying the £100 for.
Poor you with MS all that time! i was quite lucky and just felt a bit queasy for about 6 weeks. Eating helped so i ate all the time and now i wish i hadnt as i look like a little barrel :)
x

Im having the GTT at 26 weeks, as i have a very high bmi (43) not sure if they do the test for anything else though? My mw is ok, we go the the one at the light and the reviews were poor but it was either there or the middle of little london which ive been told to avoid (sorry if anyone lives there and ive offended you) she does seem to rush appointments but always answers anything i ask.

Were having the scan at Babybond, its on Wellington street somewhere lol. Costing £179 but you get loads for that, dvd, colour pics, b&w pics, cd rom and sexing in included too - yay :happydance:

From my :bfp: at 3+5 to my 16 week appointment i had only put on 4lbs, darent weigh myself now as im eating loads and my bump is massive :rofl: xx

im having gtt at 28 weeks, as its twins
im exhausted today

Im struggling to get out of bed this morning :haha:
Twins wow, i was secretly hoping for twins, ever since i was a little girl ive always wanted twins so i can call them Luke and Leia :rofl: were still having Luke though if its a boy xx

i see...my midwife is always on holiday good job most of the time i dont need her and when i do ring she just says she doesnt know and to make an appt to see the doctor!! oh well! i had a really nice stand in one one day when mines was off as usual and she was so lovely!
babybond scan sounds great. i think at that screening centre its about the same price maybe more actually for a 3d scan with dvds and pics. ours was literally just a normal scan with two normal pictures.

anna- how exciting having twins - do you know what your having?
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->