*Leeds ladies*

Hi bernie, im feeling so much better today thanks. Been into town but didnt buy anything :( just hrlping OH sort all his anime crap, erm i mean stuff :haha: :rofl:

Hope youre well today xx

Thank you hon :)

Honestly I cant stop thinking and raving about the experience it is so truly amazing :lol: We went to a place called `meet your baby` on Geldard Road Leeds 12....a really nice place and such lovely friendly people :)

I've looked into going there!!

What's the best time to go for a 4D scan?? <3

26wks hon they recommend its the best time so if baby is difficult they have time to re-book you :)

Hi bernie, im feeling so much better today thanks. Been into town but didnt buy anything :( just hrlping OH sort all his anime crap, erm i mean stuff :haha: :rofl:

Hope youre well today xx

I'm fine thanks, had a good shift at work i can't believe what difference a week makes, last week i felt so ill i didn't think i'd ever get back to work and this week i feel great, here's hoping i keep feeling like this for the rest of my pregnancy. I'm at physio 2moro for my spd so that should be interesting no doubt i'll be given exercises to do at home and told how to get in and out of car, roll over in bed etc all of this i was told with first 2 pregnancies but thought i better go just in case it gets worse and plus at least it'll be in my maternity notes ready for labour xx

hey! Im michelle, im a student living in headingley at the minute, studying mental health nursing, wont be having the baby here, will have it back in the midlands (home) but having all pregnancy care here, which is a bit of a let down at the minute! xxxx

Hi michelle, sorry you feel like that about your antenatal care. Im actually the exact opposite, im pleasantly surprised with how im being treat. Hope everything else is going ok for you xx

Hi Michelle. Why do you feel your care is not up to standard?

Well, i was 4 weeks when i found out, went to my doctor, he was great, i had some bleeding and pain and had 2 early scans, i then rang up the doctors to enquire about a midwife, they gave me a number for a midwife and over christmas i tried to contact her, and it wasnt untill January 1st (when i was 11 weeks) when she answered the phone, and said she had no idea who i was and she wasnt my midwife, soooooooooo i ring up the doctors again and theyre like oh yeh we have a midwife here, shes your midwife, so i book in to see her that week, but then shes off sick, the stand in midwife does nothing, and tells me because im that late i wont be able to get a nuchal test now (which i think is rude as none of this was my fault) i asked to be referred for my scan at St James, as this is where i had my early scans, yet (shock) i was referred to LGI. Then 2 weeks later i got a call from Wharfedale hospital, and they were going to give me a NT, no idea how this came about, she has now referred me for my next scan at St James, so fingers crossed.

Im not having my baby in Leeds, im having it at home, and for this reason my midwife has said there is not much she can do with me. So basically i feel like she thinks its a waste of time if she isnt going to see the end result, but im going to be in Leeds till about 32-34 weeks xxx

Which GPs are you using? I informed mine at 4 weeks and i was given an appointment for a mw at 8 weeks. I was never offered a NT scan, as far as i knew they werent offered around here unless you pay privately for them?

Go see your GP and explain it all to them xx

Michelle that is pretty dire. Try this number (0113 392 6588) to a) complain and b) try to organise some proper and decent care.

Jo xx

Im using Kirkstall Lane medical practice, my actual doctor is great, and because of being a student and not having family support or anything up here he alone has been the best help, im just waiting to find out when my gender scan is now! xxxxxxxx

Hi Michelle, Im Michelle too, also at Kirkstall Lane- they are dire at the Midwife referral business! I have been changed twice. Although all seems okay now, I think they are less bothered un til you are 20 wks plus, which is wrong!!!
I ended up going to Leeds Screening Centre for NT- but had scans at Wharfedale.
They were amazing! Hope you get sorted xxxx

Hi ladies,
Just wanted to share my good news. Went for 20 weeks scan today, they scanned for 40 mins and said baby was being a pain and they couldnt see properly so sent me on a half an hour walk. Came back and baby had moved and everything looked perfect and babys a boy!!! we were admanat we werent going to find out, well OH didnt want to and i was so hoping he would change his mind and on the way this morning he said he wanted to find out.
Im so happy.
x

Congrats cbmd!!

hahaha little fidget hiding from them!!!

My flump-a-lump did that for the midwife when she was trying to find it's heart beat!

Hi ladies,
Just wanted to share my good news. Went for 20 weeks scan today, they scanned for 40 mins and said baby was being a pain and they couldnt see properly so sent me on a half an hour walk. Came back and baby had moved and everything looked perfect and babys a boy!!! we were admanat we werent going to find out, well OH didnt want to and i was so hoping he would change his mind and on the way this morning he said he wanted to find out.
Im so happy.
x

yay, congrats on team :blue:

My sonographer at my anomoly scan wasnt that nice... she was rough and was rushing, was over in 20 mins, max!! Wasnt told to go out for a while or anything.
Not long though till our 3D scan :happydance: 2 weeks yesterday :D xx

rwllgoodchild - oh no really, i cant believe you were in and out in 20 mins- where were you at? i was at lgi today. she was a trainee so maybe she was being more thorough! then another lady had to come check she had done it all OK which she had. she was really nice though and explained everything as she went along.
At least you have your 3 week scan to make up for it though, bet you cant wait.
x

Im at Jimmys as i live on skinner lane so can walk it in 10 mins or so. I was quite shocked at the time we were in, my sister in law said hers lasted around 30-40 mins, and other SIL was told to go for a walk etc, but she is at barnsley hospital.

Yep were so excited for 3d scan :happydance: plus we have a growth scan on valentines day too :) xx

Hello ladies.
Have u all had a good day?
Welcome Michelle, sorry ur having a bad time care wise, u still deserve to be treated here even if ur not having the baby here, hope u get something sorted soon xx
Cbnd congratulations on ur little man, i think it starts to feel more real when u know what ur having and can pick names xx
I had my 1st physio appt today which wasn't too bad, was shown some exercises and ways to lay in bed which after suffering from spd in all 3 pregnancies most of it i already knew but the difference between this appt and ones i've had in past pregnancies is the physio actually explained the causes and went into detail about pelvis problems so i now have a better understanding xxx

Hi Michelle, Im Michelle too, also at Kirkstall Lane- they are dire at the Midwife referral business! I have been changed twice. Although all seems okay now, I think they are less bothered un til you are 20 wks plus, which is wrong!!!
I ended up going to Leeds Screening Centre for NT- but had scans at Wharfedale.
They were amazing! Hope you get sorted xxxx

Yeh Wharfedale were really good to me actually. Like today i got my scan referral in the post and i will be 25 weeks by then, i rang up to complain and they changed it to 20 weeks dead on, its like they cant get anything right!!! xxx

Hi everyone, I'm from Leeds too, in Kirkstall at the moment. I'm 23 and we are expecting our first baby, due 25th May. I'm also booked in at LGI just because it's easier for me to get to appointments there as I don't drive, plus I've never been to Jimmys before so feel more comfortable at LGI iykwim!

Hello :)
Wow it seems like half of Leeds is pregnant :haha: never expected this many lovely bumps when i first posted this lol!

Well im up and waiting to go for my GTT at 8.30 :( wish me luck... not looking forward to 2 blood tests :( but i do have all day off with OH so were off shopping afterwards :happydance:

Hope you all have a lovely day xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->