*Leeds ladies*

Hi Ladies :wave:

Sorry havent been around for a few days :dohh: was working yesterday which generally leave me with no energy what so ever :haha:

Welcome Michelle so sorry to hear your having pants care :hugs: I must agree so far this pregnancy I have also been surprised at how good my care has been and your care should be no different even if you are returning home to have baby.

cdmd congrats on Team :blue: :wohoo:

Goodluck with your GTT rllgoodchild :hugs:

and great to hear your physio appointment went well bernie :thumbup:

May have already said hello, but in case I haven't.. Hey! Stourton Grange over here *waves*

Well, just got back from my GTT and omg that drink is foul :sick: wouldnt be so bad if it wasnt so bloody thick... treat myself to a nice greasy fryup in the cafe afterwards as i was bloody starving :haha:

gonna head into townnow with OH to spend his money ;) xx

Hello ladies,
Welcome to our 2 new ladies i think ur right about half of Leeds been pregnant Rwll, how r u feeling 2nite after gtt? i was supposed to be having mine next Thurs but i kept reading stories about women been ill later on in the day after it and as i work on a Thurs evening i panicked and changed mine to the following day, so now i'm at the hosp 2 days running one for my 28 week bloods and the following for gtt, may regret that when it costs me a fortune in parking lol. Hope you've all had a good day xxxx

Im feeling fine after my GTT hun, theres honestly nothing to it, yes the drink is yacky but its gone in a couple of gulps - just make sure you drink plenty of water afterwards lol oh and take something to read, OH came with me but it was still a long morning xx

I'm going to take a book and go straight to cafe in hospital straight after, are u allowed a drink of water during ur 2 hr wait or is it nothing till after 2nd bloods? x

You can drink as much water as you like during the 2 hours. We went straight down for a fry up after my second lot of bloods :rofl: xx

Hey Ladies :wave:
How are you all?
:( GTT is NOT a nice experience infact give me labour anyday I find it that bad however I think this is because I know what a positive result means for me (past pregnancy:() so thats always in the back of my mind :sad1: Advice from me Bernie is to swallow in as few gulps as possible so not to get a good taste of the stuff :thumbup: I had my 2nd one last Thursday and got the results today......AND I DO NOT HAVE GD THIS PREGNANCY :wohoo: So natural labour and birth for me :dance:

Oh cant you have a natural birth if you have GD? Oh i hope im ok then...

Hope everyone is well? My sickness seems to be coming back, luckily its only on a morning but its every morning now...

My head office eventually got back to me about my maternity leave :D i start my leave on 18th april but from 28th march i drop from 5 days to 3 :happydance: yippeeee

Have a good day ladies xx

Hey hon :wave:

Yes you can have a natural birth hon if you have GD although depends on size of baby sorry I didnt really make sense in my post :dohh:

Basically GD can make your baby bigger (Oliver was 10lb 5oz and GD was diagnosed on delivery with him :growlmad: I never hit any of the risk factors to have a GTT so it was never picked up) Ok so I dont want to scare anyone but basically GD can cause baby respiratory problems on delivery something to do with the sugar levels affecting there lungs :sad1: Oliver spent 5day on scbu although he was huge on oxygen because he was born grunting (kinda like a baby with asthma!) It was not a nice experience and something I want to avoid again GD or not. When I spoke to my consultant we talked about things and my biggest worry/unhappiness was having to have no choice but to have a c-sec (I was told after I had Oliver if I was to grow a baby bigger than him vaginal delivery would be a no-go!) So of course with GD making baby bigger I was worried that a c-sec would be my only route however was told if I did have GD the plan would be in induce labour at 38wks avoiding baby getting too big and of course giving me every chance of natural delivery....as I do not have GD of course this is no longer and issue but we do worry about these things however that said if you do have GD hon am happy to help with any advice and would simply say as long as you are getting good treatment to manage then things will be just fine, as I say with Oliver it was undiagnosed which caused all end of problems :thumbup:

Great news about Mat Leave btw :wohoo: I have only 17working days left albeit 30 days until I actually leave :dance:

Ahh i see. Fingers crossed mine comes back ok then.

I have 40 working days left till i leave :happydance: xx

hi ladies,
im jealous you all have so little left to work! ive still got months to go :(
been for a filling today, really didnt want it but the dentist said it was just getting worse so my face is all numb now!
hope your all ok!!
xx

Im at dentist on 7th feb, absolutley hate them but im in pain now and have been putting my check up off since dec12th lol. Hope youre ok and not in too much pain hun xx

Ladies, as horrid as the dentist is get it done now whilst you have your exemption certificates.

I had root canal and an extraction yesterday and I swear the only thing that kept me in the chair was the fact it wasn't gonna cost me :rofl:

Ladies, as horrid as the dentist is get it done now whilst you have your exemption certificates.

I had root canal and an extraction yesterday and I swear the only thing that kept me in the chair was the fact it wasn't gonna cost me :rofl:

I know, this is true... the treatment i need would cost a fortune plus OH is needing a cap and crown, thats costing almost £200... xx

Yeah, I need a crown too :(

Even your OH is lucky. A friend of mine needs a root canal and crown but because she can't get an NHS dentist it's costing her over £700!!!!

OUCH!!

Ouch! Thats shocking, they told him he could have a white cap for almost £400 or a gold one for £200... erm DUH! Its a back tooth...

I just hope they can get all my treatment done while its free... xx

I got my check up in a few months back Ladies and thankfully no treatment but am scheduled to see my dentist again before baby is a 1yr old :thumbup:

thanks, it all went fine, was in and out in 15 mins. The only thing in my life i pay privately for is the dentist so unfortunately i dont get it free! but i only pay a monthly fee which isnt even that much so didnt cost me anything today. Maybe i can just cash in on the free prescriptions when i need one :)
x

rwll There was a lot of my treatment I couldn't have done whilst pregnant because of the X-rays but they booked me in for a month after his due date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->