legs/pelvis has locked

Layla

Reaction score
Just when i thought things were getting better down there, my hips go and lock up :hissy:

For a couple of weeks now i have questioned wether it is SPD that i have, as it seemed to get alot better, i could walk, move around in bed, go up and down stairs etc with ease....no pain, just uncomfy now and again.

Then today out of the blue my pelvis seems to have locked up, i can hardly move my legs out to walk, only little pigeon steps and faceing the stairs is agony :(

Does this happen with SPD, can it come and go like that??

Im hopeing it will go tomrorow and i will be back to normal, it has seemd really mild compared to other peoples stories of having it, but now today im not so sure again.

x

Oh, I'm not sure Layla. I did get mine locking every so often, but I didn't experience it getting better at all until after I'd had Charlie.

I really think you need to go to the GP with this in case it's not SPD. They might be able to diagnose something else and give you something to help you?:hugs:

Sorry hun, not really any good advice I'm afraid.

:hugs: I have no idea Layla but i would get it checked out just in case hun!
xx

thanks guys

im seeing my midwife on Thursday so i will ask her then.

I hate it, i feel so bad for the kids, i cant do anything with them, im just sat here on the sofa, Coby is bringing me books and puzzles but i cant get up to play with him.

Walking to school this morning really hurt too so i think Charlie and Ethan might have to start walking to and from by them selfs :(

I cant wait for this pregnancy to be over so i can get back to normal, sounds terrible me saying that after trying to hard to get this baby, but i have really hated being pregnant this time round, its been so diffrent to my others

x

Hey

I am sorry but I am not really sure what SPD stands for... might be the pregnant brain there.

I posted a while ago about lower back pain... although when it was at its worst my hips would also lock up... it was VERY painful. I did some research and found whats called Pelvic Girdle Pain (PGP). It often is mistaken in pregnant woman for sciatica but it is not. I began to follow advice given on PGP and found that my back has improved. I do still get sore but as long as I avoid long walks, sitting on hard surfaces and/or laying directly on my back esp on hard surfaces then I am alright. Check out this website, it might help you out...

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/pelvicgirdlepain/

I would also talk with your doctor about your signs and symptoms as well.

I hope it gets better for you I know how you feel :hugs:

Sarah

HI,

Thanks for the info :)

I have no trouble with my back tho, no pain there so dont think its that, im not convinced its SPD either to be honest from how other people have felt having it, I just think its the lay the baby is laying or the pressure of it all maybe?

Seeing my midwife on Thursday so im hoping she can shed some light on it to for me, its easeing up a little now, not as bad as it was.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->