Legs up the wall job

I do love rotties and they have such bad press here in the UK :nope: But all the ones I've met are such clowns and cuddle monsters :kiss:

We had to put down our cat, Buddha last September....:cry:She was almost 18. The vet came to our house and gave her a shot and she passed in our arms....:cry: Going to the vet was always stressful for her, so we paid for a home visit to make it more peaceful for her. I think we let her go a little too late....she had been ready to go for a while, but we just could not wrap our heads around it....:(

Awk Hun that is so sad and lovely for wot u did for her,u ladies are amazing like wooly u both did your best for them and made the end as easy for them as possible,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I do love rotties and they have such bad press here in the UK :nope: But all the ones I've met are such clowns and cuddle monsters :kiss:

They have bed press here too.

I tell you what, my children can pull his ears, take food out of his mouth, play in his food dish, stick fingers in his butt, stroke his teeth, and jump on him. They have done all of this to him and he just rolls over with his belly up.

Now, my brother's labrador. . . .don't go near him while he's eating.

Love my rottie!!!

They have bed press here too.

I tell you what, my children can pull his ears, take food out of his mouth, play in his food dish, stick fingers in his butt, stroke his teeth, and jump on him. They have done all of this to him and he just rolls over with his belly up.

Now, my brother's labrador. . . .don't go near him while he's eating.

Love my rottie!!!

Tiny hasn't been around many children and the other day a 3 year old rushed at her squealing "doggy" she immediately tucked her tail under her bum and hide behind my legs bless :)

@Macwooly-

That Merlin, may he RIP, was a gorgeous puppy! I have wanted a Dane for longer than I can remember. I cannot convince DH that they really are "gentle giants." All he sees is the dog food bill! Lol. :wacko:

I am sorry for your loss; losing a pet is horrible and the unconditional love they give us amazes me everyday!

Frankly, I have love my pets more than I do some of my human relatives! Ok, that was bad. :blush:

Yes, Cooper is a Goldendoodle (which are unheard of here in the UK, he was more of a backyard accident!)

In the US, people pay a lot of money for these dogs! My vet has one and says it is truly the best breed he as ever owned. I guess it is the combo of the Golden's loyalty and the Poodle's intelligence.

We had to put down our cat, Buddha last September....:cry:She was almost 18. The vet came to our house and gave her a shot and she passed in our arms....:cry: Going to the vet was always stressful for her, so we paid for a home visit to make it more peaceful for her. I think we let her go a little too late....she had been ready to go for a while, but we just could not wrap our heads around it....:(

I understand this; my Tutti had to be put down in September; she was 15.

She had Cushing's disease, which really didn't give her any pain, but she did have chemo for it. For a few months, I knew in my heart it was time to let her go, but since the vet was telling me she was pain-free, I kept justifying doing nothing in my head.

The worst part of it is, after Tutti was put down, the vet (my father's best friend) informed him that I should've put the dog down sooner. I feel so awful about that and will probably never forgive myself for it. :cry:

She had Cushing's disease, which really didn't give her any pain, but she did have chemo for it. For a few months, I knew in my heart it was time to let her go, but since the vet was telling me she was pain-free, I kept justifying doing nothing in my head.

The worst part of it is, after Tutti was put down, the vet (my father's best friend) informed him that I should've put the dog down sooner. I feel so awful about that and will probably never forgive myself for it. :cry:

Sorry for your loss....I feel guilty for the same reason...:nope:

@Macwooly-

That Merlin, may he RIP, was a gorgeous puppy! I have wanted a Dane for longer than I can remember. I cannot convince DH that they really are "gentle giants." All he sees is the dog food bill! Lol. :wacko:

I am sorry for your loss; losing a pet is horrible and the unconditional love they give us amazes me everyday!

Frankly, I have love my pets more than I do some of my human relatives! Ok, that was bad. :blush:

Well he did eat a 1lb of meat each meal with biscuits but we can buy the dogs food raw & frozen for 30p per lb. We managed to feed all 5 for approx £80-100 per month - wish I could fed DH and me as cheaply :)

Cushings is a pain-free condition so please don't feel bad. We can all spend eternity wondering if we should have done things differently. Tutti will have known how loved she was and that you did all you could for her :hugs:

Sorry for your loss....I feel guilty for the same reason...:nope:

And I always feel guilty that I may have made the decision too quickly :nope:

Our furbabies know that we love them and whilst we may occasionally get things wrong they know it's not through malice :hugs:

I love the fact that some of of have fostered dogs - because we did that too, both in the US and in the UK.
I had to smile about all the dachshund comments, because we fostered one once and I knew exactly what you were talking about...

It's just extra frustrating that all of us - clearly nurturing, loving people - end up stuck on the TTC forum. We'd all make fabulous moms! We've already proven it with our furry babies...

I love the fact that some of of have fostered dogs - because we did that too, both in the US and in the UK.
I had to smile about all the dachshund comments, because we fostered one once and I knew exactly what you were talking about...

It's just extra frustrating that all of us - clearly nurturing, loving people - end up stuck on the TTC forum. We'd all make fabulous moms! We've already proven it with our furry babies...

My father says that one can tell a lot about the type of parent someone is or will be, by they way they treat their pets.

Here's hoping we all get to move out of TTC soon! :hugs:

My little furbaby (shih tsu x toy poodle) has just been diagnosed with diabetes, so it's been a stressful couple of weeks with that, trying to get him stabilised and into a routine with his meds.

FX he's starting to feel better now, he certainly has started to chase birds again and is showing a lot more interest in his food.

Before this happened I was considering getting a second dog, I used to foster so I've had lots of different kinds of dogs including a chihuaha x mini doxie (he didn't come with an off switch and would wrestle my own little dog for hours every day!)

My little furbaby (shih tsu x toy poodle) has just been diagnosed with diabetes, so it's been a stressful couple of weeks with that, trying to get him stabilised and into a routine with his meds.

FX he's starting to feel better now, he certainly has started to chase birds again and is showing a lot more interest in his food.

Before this happened I was considering getting a second dog, I used to foster so I've had lots of different kinds of dogs including a chihuaha x mini doxie (he didn't come with an off switch and would wrestle my own little dog for hours every day!)

:haha: My BIL's chiweenie never stops! My father's dog was diabetic as well; once the vet figured out the amount of insulin needed to keep her regulated and my father switched her diet, Schyuler did just fine! :thumbup:

I say was bc she passed from bone cancer a few weeks ago. :cry:
Not from the diabetes.

:hugs:

Chiweenie, I like that. My foster chiweenie went to a nice home with a completely mental Jack Russell to play with, they have had some legendary wrestling matches as neither knows when to quit!

My little guy is soon to turn 10, and I'm preparing myself for the worst but hoping for the best, ironically I don't have custody as when I moved back to the UK I stayed with my parents and they got so attached to him that they asked to keep him.

Or I should say they think that he wouldn't cope home alone if I was out working....:nope: instead he has resort style living at my parents and 24x7 attention. I miss him though :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->