Legs up the wall job

Yes...potty training is a concern.....new house...and there are so many smaller breeds that are notoriously difficult to potty train...

Yoda IS the perfect pug name!

Yes...potty training is a concern.....new house...and there are so many smaller breeds that are notoriously difficult to potty train...

Yoda IS the perfect pug name!

He is a really good dog and was trained to ring a bell with his nose when he needs to go out! They sent home some bells for Porky, but he just ate them off of the door. :nope:

Time to show off our furry "babies"?
This is Cooper

Attachments

• DSCF4826.jpg
    DSCF4826.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 4
@chrissy- Cooper is a cutie! He looks like a Goldendoodle?

Yes, Cooper is a Goldendoodle (which are unheard of here in the UK, he was more of a backyard accident!)

All the dogs are gorgeous :kiss: I love the feel of doodle coats and prefer Goldendoodles to Labradoodles as they have softer coats :thumbup:

Well this is my 4 hooligans :)

Tiny is the Rottweiler and the only female. Baldrick is the grey scruff (he is Bedlington Terrier X Greyhound) Paddy is the hairy German Shepherd (actually a cross with Northern Inuit) and Teddy is the smooth coat dog (German Shepherd/Great Dane/Greyhound mix)

And I couldn't leave out Merlin (RIP) who was our gorgeous Great Dane that had to be put to sleep in October.

Yes at one point I had 5 large :wacko:dogs

Attachments

• Tiny & Baldrick.jpg
    Tiny & Baldrick.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Paddy & Teddy.JPG
    Paddy & Teddy.JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Merlin.JPG
    Merlin.JPG
    202 KB · Views: 1
They are all gorgeous dogs!

Merlin was stunningly handsome!
Sorry for your loss...:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Who is your favorite?

We fostered a Great Dane once....I was surprised about how gentle he was...and at what a whimp he was....My 7 lb kitty, Alley Cat, had him quivering in a corner a few times...He was such a big baby! And he was such a cuddler...

Again, sorry for your loss....

If you don't mind me asking....how long did he live?

After he was adopted, he died 2 years later....just shy of 7 years old...

My favourite changes with who behaves the most :rofl: I have a huge soft spot for Tiny as she was DH & mine first dog and she has needed a number of orthopedic surgeries and she isn't yet 4 :nope:

Merlin came on Good Friday 2010 already 7 years old. He had a bad heart and some nerve damage which made his back legs weak. But some steroids and a good diet and he managed an hour's walk every day and loved to play tug of war with DH (who thankfully is 6ft 5 and solid) as Merlin used to drag me across the floor. But other wise he was the gentlest dog I've known. We were told if he lived 3 months we would be lucky and we had him for 7 months :happydance: We got up one morning and we suspect he had a heart attack as his breathing was off; he was off his food and he couldn't get up. So we spent 2 hours cuddling him and then went to the vet and said goodbye forever. I sat with his head in my lap as the injection was given and DH was there tickling his ears. He managed his walk the day before so he wasn't really ill for too long thankfully and he got to 8 years old :thumbup:

We had 2 foster Shih Tzus who used to take bones from Merlin and bullied him :laugh2:

We'd definitely have another Great Dane :kiss:

Awwwwww wooly such a sad story,he was very lucky to have u and dh and am sure u adored him,must have been really hard for u both ,poor merlin,:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Awwwwww wooly such a sad story,he was very lucky to have u and dh and am sure u adored him,must have been really hard for u both ,poor merlin,:hugs::hugs::hugs:

A bit but we knew our time with him was limited so ensured he had quality and 8 is a good age for a Great Dane :)

It will be harder with Tiny as we reserved her at the rescue when she was 5 weeks old and Rottweilers can live till 12 years old and we know due to her health we may have to say goodbye when she is about 6 years old :cry: But we refuse to be upset and she can be such a clown so we will always have fabulous memories :thumbup:

We had to put down our cat, Buddha last September....:cry:She was almost 18. The vet came to our house and gave her a shot and she passed in our arms....:cry: Going to the vet was always stressful for her, so we paid for a home visit to make it more peaceful for her. I think we let her go a little too late....she had been ready to go for a while, but we just could not wrap our heads around it....:(

We had to put down our cat, Buddha last September....:cry:She was almost 18. The vet came to our house and gave her a shot and she passed in our arms....:cry: going to the vet was always stressful, so we paid for a home visit to make it more peaceful for her.
I think we let her go a litle too late....she had been ready to go for a while, but we just could not wrap our heads around it....:(

You did the best for her :hugs: And it is the hardest decision someone who has a pet ever has to make :hugs:

I was a veterinary nurse so I think maybe I find it a little easier to make the decisions as I go back into that mode and detach emotionally at the time but it hits me later.

Sorry didn't mean to drag this thread down :blush:

Macwooly, I love the pic of your rottie.

I'd post a pic of my rottie if I could figure out how!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->