• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Leinzlove's The journey beyond our Bumps! (Closed Parenting Group)

Zoela sounds so mellow! Such a happy little girl!

Good luck with the appointment and the shots, Lch.

Ich: I can't believe Jonathan is 2 months old. The time has sure flown. :) How are you doing? Have you healed well? How's it going with FOB?

Gah! He fell off a table this morning! :cry: Seems to be fine fortunately (touch wood) but how scary! Mobility is no joke!

:hugs: :hugs:

Sophie loves tummy time for a few minutes, then she tries to latch onto whatever she is laying on :rofl: This girl is all about the food!

S: Poor Munchkin! I hope he is alright! There will be lots of that... Chloe is so mobile right now... She pushes chairs across the room to climb after what she wants. :( Into everything she can get into.

Wiggler: I'm glad Sophie will do tummy time... And who can blame her about food. Its liquid gold being served! :)

Bethany is going through the climbing stage too, Dylan taught her how to climb onto all her furniture :nope: That girl has no fear!

It's so hard having a baby that is so demanding, my other 2 were so chilled and laid back. Hopefully she outgrows it soon, getting bored of being stuck on the sofa :haha:

If it's her 6 week spurt you should have a bit of a break soon :hugs: that 5-8 week time can be really challenging! Hang in there!
I bet it will be fun to have such a spirited youngest girl when she gets older :happydance:

Munchkin is usually a relatively cautious baby. I think he's just on the earlier side for starting to move around and his brain isn't quite there yet. I'm guessing in a month or two he may actually be easier to handle. Or maybe just hoping? :p

He looks totally fine today, you would never know anything had happened. :thumbup: The doctor told us he could have a bruise and a black eye so I was expecting much worse! We just bought him a jumper so that we can leave him there safely when we are in the kitchen and aren't tempted to put him on the table again.

I'm so happy Munchkin is okay. :) Chloe & Zoela both are easy babies. Well Chloe had all of those medical issues and seeing how Zoela is so happy. It makes me a bit sad that Chloe wasn't so,,, But I'm glad about where we are now and that Chloe will be ok. :) I hope she starts talking a bit more.... And I'm sure she will. But you know as a mother we worry.

I'm thinking its Sophie's growth spurt to. :hugs:

I'm sure Chloe will be talking more soon. My friend's son had a speech delay and he turned out just fine, very bright and verbal. It's great that you have her working with a speech therapist already. :hugs:

Seaweed - I'm glad Munchkin is OK :hugs:

Leinz - Try not to worry hun, Dylan had a speech delay, when he turned 3 he was only just starting to string 2 words together, and now you can't shut him up, his pronunciation still isn't brilliant, but he can talk your ears off :cloud9: Bethany is a bit of a slow talker too, she is far too interested in physical stuff.

Sophie has been a bit calmer with the feeding today :happydance:

Thanks hun! That makes me feel better. :) Isn't it amazing how different your children are?

It really is! Dylan is loud and full of energy, he is always on the go. Bethany is quieter and calmer. They are both very cheeky and funny though :cloud9: So far Sophie is loud and grumpy :haha: She loves snuggles and adores her big brother and sister and saves her best smiles for them :cloud9:

Not long now until Chloe is 2, are you doing anything nice for her birthday? x x x

Yes, our daughters are about to have their 2nd birthdays! It's amazing how close our girls are in age. Both sets! :) We are going to chucky cheese as a family of 4 on her birthday. Then throwing her a party in the park right beside the 1-5 year old playground. I paid $50 for pavilion rental. Really hoping for good weather. We are just cooking out and letting the children play. I'm excited about it. What are you doing? Can you believe TWO?

I hope Sophie doesn't stay grumpy. Zoela is so happy, she is notstop coos, giggles and smiles. I can't even believe it. It started just before 8 weeks. She is content just lying in her crib watching the mobile, shaking arms and legs. Chloe was a good baby, she just wasn't nearly this happy. It sometimes makes me feel like I missed out on a lot with Chloe... because of pierre robin.

Aww lovely plans for Chloes birthday! I think we are going to soft play then to see my mum on the actual day, then the Sunday after we are having some friends over and lots of nibbles. These children of ours are growing too fast!

:hugs: :hugs:

Bethany and Dylan were both very relaxed babies, so I think I was owed a little fussybum :haha: I love all the cuddles though :cloud9:

Now WIGGLER! Do not say that! :haha: I do not want to start thinking, I'd be in for it with #3. I really thought Zoela would be, but she's not even more relaxed than Chloe and she was relaxed.

Party plans sound fun... It will be fun. What is soft play? It's going to be harder planning with Zoela. We will probably be at the house most years. January is cold...

I do have the TWO's going on bad. Chairs pulled everywhere to climb and get things done. She's an explorer. :)

I'm sure you will have another relaxed baby :D

Soft play is an indoor area with ball pits, soft slides etc etc over a few floors:

https://funfactoryweymouth.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/maze_slide.png

Bethany likes to climb too, I love this age!

Ahhhh... I've seen those before. Here they are called indoor playgrounds, I think. We have them sometimes at McDonalds. Brilliant idea! Bethany will have so much fun! :)

How's everyone doing? Time for some updates!

We are doing well here. We've had some sleep struggles this month and finally decided to use some crying methods to teach LO other ways to fall asleep aside from nursing. We are basically doing PUPD but he has fought it really really hard. He's persistent, like his mama! I was hard to sleep train too supposedly. :winkwink: We're eight days in, and he's still not very happy about it but the past few days he's been fighting sleep a lot less, napping better, and sleeping much longer at night, so I'm hoping it has helped.

Other than that, lots of babbling, giggling, and exploring! :cloud9: Not quite mobile yet.

Happy birthday Chloe, and happy almost birthday Bethany! :cake:

What is pupd hun??

Has he ever sttn?

How is everyone?

PUPD = pick up put down. Basically you pick them up to calm them and then put them down so they can self-settle in bed.

Whether he has STTN depends on how you define it...he's never had a night where he hasn't woken up from bedtime to morning. But he has had several 7+ hour stretches and last week a 9-hour one. :shrug: How has your sleep been hon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->