Leo’s Christmas Journal/lists

leoniebabey

mam of 2 boys
Reaction score
Not done one of these before so thought I’d give it a try. Im excited for Christmas this year, last year was the least Christmassy I had ever felt. I didn’t have the money to really start my Xmas shopping early, I missed all the sales. We went to Florida at the end of October start of November which was absolutely amazing but my bank balance took a huge dent, add in to that I had to take unpaid time off work I came home in November sad we were home, nothing bought, not much money and panicking.

Moving on, my boys will be 9 and 7 this year, my youngest is 7 next week I’m all sorted for that thankfully.
I’m hoping to stick to a budget of around £100 each for them £150 max. Their main present will be the surprise that we are going to Florida again next year. I’m planning to do a reveal in a box and then they will open a suitcase each with some holiday bits and bobs in.

Lists so far, will put in red what’s bought

M
Will be 9, mainly into fortnite and gaming, his ‘bigger’ present will be a scooter. The one he has is minions and honestly it’s been very well used but is practically falling apart so want to get him a more age appropriate one. I find him the easiest to buy for for deffo!

Morgan-
Main present: Stunt scooter
- Fortnite gingerbread figures pack

-Fortnite technique figure
-Fortnite battle bus nerf gun
-Fortnite foam harvesting tool
-Fortnite mighty beanz
-Funky beans
-Xshot ninja gun
-Lego hidden side ghost lab set
-wall climber rc car
-Pokemon trainer guess
- Barcelona air football
- T-Rex fingerling
- Ripleys believe it or not book
- Are you smarter than the adults board game
- Diary of a wimpy kid book set
- Pug hot water bottle

- Football kit

H
Will be 7, is into minecraft, roblox and not much else, super hard to buy for as he doesn’t ask for anything and when he does it’s always random tat or super awkward things. Kid is on Christmas #3 of wanting a mr frosty haha! With his birthday being September it’s hard to come up with more ideas! For his birthday he is getting a nerf gun set, a crate creature, a light saber and a few little bits like books, minecraft figures, slime.

Main present: plants vs zombies battle for neighborville
- Avengers gauntlet and figures set
-Xbox controller
- Black panther nerf gun
- Star lord nerf gun
- Iron man nerf gun
- hot wheels monster truck set
- crocodile dinner game
- fingerling radioactive stegosaurus
- nerf vest and cans
- roblox set
-mr gum book set
- Party penguin
-Sloth hot water bottle

Last edited:
Great lists, finding it hard to buy for my eldest 2 boys this year, in fact I am thinking of giving them both some money and then a few gifts for the actual day, they are 9 and 12.

Great lists, finding it hard to buy for my eldest 2 boys this year, in fact I am thinking of giving them both some money and then a few gifts for the actual day, they are 9 and 12.

It’s hard when they no longer want toys. My oldest doesn’t play with many toys but i can always think of little filler bits he would like because he’s really easily pleased bless him, my youngest is the opposite not impressed by much at all.
I’m sure at those ages they will be happy with money! It makes me really sad to think that my years of Santa and such are very much limited, makes me realise just how grown up my oldest is getting and I don’t think I’m ready for that. It’s never really hit me until this year.

Great lists funny how the names of boys toys means nothing to me (two girls) ha ha.

We got DD1 a stunt scooter in Halfords so may be worth looking there x

Great lists funny how the names of boys toys means nothing to me (two girls) ha ha.

We got DD1 a stunt scooter in Halfords so may be worth looking there x

Haha I feel the same with the girls stuff they bring out! I’m always baffled when shopping for my friends little girl.
Oh wouldn’t have thought to look in Halfords will have a look.

Just purchased another present. Crocodile game for 99p! Home bargains
Ok doesn’t look like the most sturdy thing in the world the masks seem to be card but probs be fun for a few plays and it’s a decent sized box for 99p! Will probs give that for H

Oh fab bargain, I can't go into homebargainss alone lol have to df otherwise I leave with ridiculous amounts of unrequired items. 13 candles I purchased one year Hahaha all the Xmas scents their own make but smell amazing
X

Oh fab bargain, I can't go into homebargainss alone lol have to df otherwise I leave with ridiculous amounts of unrequired items. 13 candles I purchased one year Hahaha all the Xmas scents their own make but smell amazing
X
Haha I’m the same go in for a box of paracetamol come out with half the shop!
I love their candles! I like that the small ones are 99p so you can get them and give them a try before buying the bigger ones.

I’ve reserved a few bits in the Argos sale but not sure if I will pick them all up, just thought I better reserve them and see I have til sat to decide! Please tell me I’m not the only person who does this.
- fortnite pick axe
- Lego under the sea creator set
- Lego minecraft skeleton
- Dino fingerling

The black panther nerf gun came. The day after I ordered it brill service from amazon!

Got a few little bits today mainly for stocking fillers
Set of 3 Dino bath bombs £1 Poundland
2 x bathtub finger paint soap £1 each Poundland
Ripleys believe it or not book £1 Poundland
Fortnite battle bus nerf gun roughly £8 Asda

Also went to Argos to pick up my order, decided not to pick up the Lego items. Picked up the fingerling but the fortnite harvesting tool hadn’t come in yet she said it was just crazy with the toy sale, annoying though I hope they will give me a bit longer to pick it up as was planning to get it today while I don’t have the kids.

I hope they will give you a bit longer to pick it up:)

Grr argos have really annoyed me!
I reserved an item in the sale and it was due to come in Friday, no text came so I asked on Saturday when picking up other items. I was told oh there is a slight delay it will be here Sunday. Well yesterday came no text and the item was showing out of stock. I asked on live chat and was told oh well the reservation has been cancelled every expired and it’s now out of stock everywhere so basically tough! So now when it’s back in stock it will be full price. So naughty of Argos!
Anyway amazon have came through and I’ve found it on there for the same price, won’t be delivered for a few weeks but never mind. Also ordered a Barcelona air football, a fortnite figure and ordered a star lord nerf gun from bargain max, not used them before so I’m hoping it comes okay. I only ordered as I was going to get it from
Amazon however the seller on amazon was bargain max and it was cheaper on their own site so will see how it goes!

How annoying. That's very sneaky of Argos! :(
I know very sneaky! I’m really annoyed about it! The sale wasn’t great and then they do this. Lots of people on their fb page having issues with the stock too. Thankfully amazon had it. It’s one of those items I probably wouldn’t pay full price for.

Following for ideas for my 5 year old DS! his interests seems to be similar to your youngest! Btw I keep posting this to everyone that mentions roblox, but get on ebay for cheap figure sets ;)

I also got his new school bag on ebay a few months ago, a roblox one, it came from China so took a good week and a half, but honestly its lovely! It's almost as big as my DS though:rofl:

And omg! A mr frosty! I haven't seen them since I was a kid! Dear Santa for xmas I want one!!!

Screenshot_20190930-111730_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20190930-094027_eBay.jpg

Ah that's rubbish. Anytime you need anything from argos check Falkirk aswell and if it's in stock I can get it and post down. I hate when they have something I really want for kids for Christmas out of stock!

<3

Following for ideas for my 5 year old DS! his interests seems to be similar to your youngest! Btw I keep posting this to everyone that mentions roblox, but get on ebay for cheap figure sets ;)

I also got his new school bag on ebay a few months ago, a roblox one, it came from China so took a good week and a half, but honestly its lovely! It's almost as big as my DS though:rofl:

And omg! A mr frosty! I haven't seen them since I was a kid! Dear Santa for xmas I want one!!!

View attachment 1069468 View attachment 1069470
Oh those sets look good I will check those out! He loves roblox but I begrudge paying the prices for tiny bits of plastic.

Ah the bag looks cut too I always forget about eBay!
I know I wanted a mr frosty and never got one and now it’s him in fairness I’ve asked his dad about 3 years running and he hasn’t got him it either so I blame him haha!

Ah that's rubbish. Anytime you need anything from argos check Falkirk aswell and if it's in stock I can get it and post down. I hate when they have something I really want for kids for Christmas out of stock!

<3

Ah Thankyou! I wrote on their fb page and they are taking note of it, I may have not been in a great mood this morning haha!
I’m hoping the one I’ve ordered from amazon comes okay it’s not due in for 2-4 weeks so will see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->