Lesbian couples TTC

Wiped wired- yes I set an alarm too lol, take my temp then go back to bed! I thought I'd see AF today, but she was a no show. I have a feeling I might have O'd late :( we did self insemination around when I got the first positive opk, but I think mayb my egg had some trouble getting out of the gate, causing me to actually O later :( ugh I had a feeling we should have kept doing the SI until we got a neg opk, grrrrr! I did another hpt today and it's still neg :( I guess Ill probably see AF tomorrow then. If I did ovulate around my first positive opk, I would be 15 dpo today. Anything is possible, but I think I just O'd late, and that's why I haven't seen AF yet. Ugh, if she is going to show up I wish she would hurry up so I can get on to the next cycle of trying!

Hi ladies, well I don't have an answer for the title, but thought I'd share my view on what this could possibly be about and my own experience with it.
This month, I got a positive opk on cd 12, I was excited because I knew we had done a good amount of SI's to hopefully catch the egg this month. Well, for the next 12 days I was still getting positive opks. Very positive! I thoughT ok, maybe it's just picking up the regular LH in my system, or maybe I'm preggo, or maybe I O'd late (all are possible reasons). well I asked Dr. Q his view on why this could be. He said not to test after the first positive opk, and that getting continuos positives after the first was normal.
Ya ok, well I'm going to have to disagree. First, this has never happened before to me, and in researching it, it doesn't seem all that common, at least not 10-12 days of positive opks! Second, i should have seen AF today and haven't, meaning I'm late. But BFN at what is now 15dpo. Could I be preggo? It's a possibility, but I'm leaning more toward that my egg just had a hard time getting a
start out of the gate, meaning I probably did in fact O later than my first positive opk, waaay later! Looking at my chart, which is a little crazy, it appears I might have O'd as late as what I thought was 8 dpo! If I did, I'm out for this month :( I took the doctors advice and other people's advice about
only going off the first positive opk and therefore we stopped doing the SI's. Now I really really wish
we would have kept doing it! There was some that said to keep Doing it, but they were all married couples, not using a donor, or paying for it! In other words, I need a more concrete answer for this occurrence lol!

My point after all my rambling- next cycle I'm not going to stop doing SI until I get a neg opk! :) learning from my mistakes, and looking forward to this cycle!

This is just my humble opinion/story though, and hope it helps someone out there! GL and Baby dust to all of you!

MEISHKA GL Hun!:dust:

AFM... Well,I have been gone a few days, in that time, AF arrived on Thursday midday, then we were out looking at homes, and then there was Easter yesterday (Happy Easter - belated) and today, absolutely no spotting, no sign of AF as she ended yesterday evening. So, my doc was called Friday and Ihave my HSG scheduled for this Thursday! Sooo much going on. But I am happy AF has come and gone and we are looking at TTC again in a couple weeks. Looks like I have a testing date, tentatively... YAY, seems like forever. Hoping we have some NYs Babies brewing ladies! :dust:

Thank u sooo much! Well I'm 19dpo, no AF, digi only giving me a bfn :( I don't know what to think. I thought I just ovulated later. That was until I threw up this morning lol. I hate being in limbo for this many days! I just want a BFP or AF to show up so I can get on with it either way!

MEISHKA that's totally understandable, hang in there Hun, most people will tell you that the TWW is the HARDEST of the waits Hun!:dust:

Mrsmm24- thanks well I have a doctor appoint at 10am tomorrow for a blood test. I'm 20dpo! I'm so nervous! But at least I'll have a definate answer, one way or the other! I'm mostly worried that even though I got a positive opk, that it may have been delayed. If that's the case I don't know when I should start using opks next cycle. I guess I'll talk to my doctor about it in the morning.

I got my results this morning, BFN :( my beta was less than 1. So sad. I just don't understand, I threw up again this morning, I don't feel sick or anything so I don't know. I guess I did O late :( I guess all I can do is look forward to next cycle...whenever that's going to start...I did have the slightest bit of blood in CM this morning so maybe it will start soon. DW felt that we should DTD before she left for work to help it along lol, yes I'm sure that's why she suggested it! Lol! All in the name of science I'm sure lol. Well on to the next cycle for me, I'm pretty sad right now, I guess I was still hanging onto a shred of hope with the blood test.
I hope everyone else is doing great and working on their BFPs! GL to you all!

Hey im also lesbian ttc!! Wish u the best of luck

Hello we are also a lesbian couple ttc. We go for our first insem on the 27th as long as AF comes on time. This waiting for the actual insem is crazy for me so I cant even imagine what the 2ww is going to be like. Right now I have insomnia sleeping maybe 2-3 hours a night. My OH is fine but she has never had a problem with sleep. Thank God that she is the one to carry. We already have a 5 year old daughter that we conceived thru home ai using a bank. This time we are using a known donor which to me is more comforting, bc the donor is such a sweetheart. We are hoping for a :bfp: in may for a January 2013 baby. baby :dust: to all ttc good luck everyone

LescoupleTTC- welcome! I know the wait is killer!! GL!! We are hoping for a May BFP too using home insem with donor. Maybe we will be bump buddies! FX'd for us all!

Good Luck to all of you ladies TTC! We finally got our BFP! After almost four years of TTC on and off. I'm still can't believe we finally did it! Stay strong ladies even though it takes sometime, one day soon you will all be seeing BFP!

Yeah the wait is definitely killer. :wacko: Im trying to be as calm as possible so I dont stress out my OH. But now we ran into a problem, AF showed her head a day early which totally messes up all my calculations. Now we have to change all of the bookings we made. Just when I thought we were going to be smooth sailing here goes another monkey wrench in my plans. :growlmad: But according to the ovulation calendars our OV date has basically just moved up two days so we will just leave a little earlier than planned. Now we only have ten days left!! Yipppeeeeee :happydance:

MRSLEBREW This is awesome news!!! CONGRATS!!!:happydance: Wishing you a H&H 9 mos!!!

:wave: welcome to all of you new to the forum! Wishing you all the best is yout TTC journey... Feel free to read my journal for any information that you could possibly wonder. If it isn't there, don't hesitate to ask!:dust:

:hi: Ladies, hope the rest of you are doing well!

AFM... well, I was gone for a few extra days. Had my HSG on Thursday, all is clear to continue to TTC. I updated my journal so go there for full info disclosure. I am looking forward to be testing this month and also seeing many more of US getting BFPS!!:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->