Lesbian couples TTC

Much blessing and lots of :dust: to you Bunda! My wife and I are starting our new journey as well. It warms my heart to see all the moms journey's.

Speaking as a straight woman here, that you guys can take turns in having babies is awesome beyond measure and makes me quite envious. I think of how closely that connects you, as you can BOTH be the pregnant and the eager onlooker for each other. Jojokate, so glad that your wife has finally got a sticky bean and at age 41. Sometimes the body needs a nudge in the right direction. All the best for that first ultrasound. Fx is all goes smoothly.

JOJOKATE, CONGRATS :happydance:!!!! I am soooo happy for you two! Wishing you a VERY H&H 9 mos!!!

AFM... I am CD8 and hoping that OV on time. I had a longer cycle after MC so hopefully cycle #2 is a little better if not back on track. This cycle I had a couple of heavy days, which was totally abnormal for me. Normally I have short, and med-light flow. I just hope that the OV happens in about a week. We have the "donation" dates all set up, just to cover bases. We will have more this month. I am not sure about my chart however, it is gearing up to look a little strange already. GL Ladies! :dust:

Hi all. I just wanted to pop in and say hello. I'm Lisa, married to Laura since December last year. We already have 3 teenagers from my previous marriage, but we decided that we wanted one of our own, and were lucky to find a donor fairly quickly. We tried once unsuccessfully in June, and the donor's availability wasn't great, so we missed July and set out on the search again. We found two lovely donors early last month and decided that, to increase our chances of success, we'd try with both over a few days.

Well, we've got our BFP! Laura's now almost 5 weeks pregnant and we're seeing the doctor tomorrow to start the antenatal ball rolling. I feel really blessed that we got there so quickly, as I expected to be trying for some months. The only thing now is that we're not sure who "won the race" and so don't quite know what to tell the donors, if anything. I feel quite bad that we didn't tell either of them that there was another donor. On the one hand it doesn't really matter because neither of them has any rights/responsibilities, but I'd like to know just in case the child, when he/she is older, wants to discover his/her biological roots.

The important thing is that the child will be born into a loving family with two adoring mummies and three older siblings :) xx

:wave: LISAAND LAURA!!! Welcome to the thread!!!

CONGRATS!!! on your :bfp: !!! I hope I am soon to follow! Your family sounds absolutely lovely and I wish you all the best for a H&H 9 mos!!!

AFM… CD17, Got my Smiley this morning! Last night the stick was maybe one shade lighter than a +OPK!!! Donation was an hour ago!!! My CM and temp look good for this!! Best chances are directly before OV or ON THE SAME DAY!! My CP seemed to be shift 2 days ago. Feeling really hopeful this cycle! FXD! :dust: :dust:

Welcome Lisa and Laura- we just hit the 6 week mark today and are so excited! Congratulations!!

FX MrsMM24... come on baby dust!!!!!

CONGRATS MRSMM24! WE ARE SO HAPPY FOR THE BOTH OF YOU! WE HAVE OUR FX, ARMS X, FEET AND LEGS LOL!! YOU GUYS HAVE IT IN THE BELLY THIS TIME AROUND!!:thumbup::happydance::hugs: AND LOTS OF :dust:

aww i sincerly wish you both the best of luck my heart goes out to you both and i wish you all the best lots of :dust: to EVERYONE and keep those positive thoughts coming ;) :hug: xx

THANKS MOMMY2BE!!! It would just be soooo awesome to have a sticky bean this time.... You are right behind me, so hopefully we will share our news and be bump buddies!!! Would be past perfect.... Secret we haven't shared, but safe enough here on BNB, we are looking into moving to ATL in the next couple of years.... Things to look into first but it's on the radar!!!

AFM… 5DPO, Looks like a temp dip to me. I am hoping anyway FXD! Not trying to get my hopes too high. I have not been SS, but I know that I have been pretty exhausted in the last 24hrs... Implantation??? Going to start SS tomorrow if the temp jumps back up!! I didn't start SS till 8DPO last time, so I will compare as I approach... FXD! :dust: :dust:

Cool beans!! We welcome you here with open arms in the A!! Yes that would be great if we could be bump buddy's!! Lets all continue to be positive and in great spirits.. Hey before we know it all of us will be PRAYING FOR PLENTY of this :sleep: (But loving every min of not being able to have it. lol)

Be blessed ladies!:hugs:

:wave: KEZZA! Nice to see you thinking about joining and chatting with us in here!

Hi there MrsM.

Found this thread as I was browsing! I've been following a few of you over on the 'considering home-insemination' thread.

We are another lesbian couple who are embarking on the joys of parenthood. My partner of 10 years is currently 28 weeks pregnant with our first child. The TTC road as been quite a rocky one as I was trying on off for 3 years previously. We both want to carry so seemed sensible the my OH try while I was referred for test. She managed to fall pregnant on the 3rd attempt and we couldn't be happier. Our little BOY is due January!!

I've had all my test results back and everything is as it should be so finger's crossed I'll be carrying on trying beginning of 2013! (let's see how we get on with one first) :) xx

Awww... What an awesome story KEZZA, although no doubt a rocky road for you two. So glad to hear that things have come together nicely and you have a little boy in arms very soon. :hugs: to your OH! Enjoy this 1st one, we are now TTC #2 have a loss so things are defintely busy over here. We are Very determined now, over the years we toyed around with it, but in the last three it has been more relevant. Especially since our LO has been "requesting" us to make her a big sister.... :haha:

I look forward to hearing more from you on your journey, this is exciting. I am glad your tests are all good and hope to be hearing of your bfp as well!

AFM...Stalk my chart!!! Yay!! Chart is coming together just as I hoped even after being sick, OV looks to be around the corner and "donations" are just about complete. Sure hope the SMEP is working well. OPK looked almost dark as the control this morning as it did yesterday morning and last night, hoping tomorrow with a temp shift, it will indicate OV! I am sure OV is very near by no more than a day!! SMEP continues, another donation Wed and Fri! Then.... I wait.... I "plan" NOT to SS this cycle, decreased it last cycle so maybe I will decrease it more this cycle if I SS at all. GL FXD! :dust:

Hey guys! I didn't want to be rude and read and run... I figured I would pop my head in and actually introduce myself. My OH and I are planning on getting married and TTC next year. I just started tracking my OV and BBT on fertility friend to help out a bit. We are planning on using a known donor and inseminating at home. All of your stories are so inspiring! I admit that I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what many of these abbreviations mean but I will figure them out in due time.

Lots of well wishes and baby dust to everyone.

I'm just looking for buddies going thru the same process... It's wonderful when you know that you aren't going thru it alone.

*going to update my profile but I'll be snooping around* :)

Hi IRADIATE!!! :wave:

You came to the right place. There are sooo many of us here going through or doing the same things. it sounds like you are gearing up pretty good for this journey. I look forward to hearing more from you in due time! GL FXD! :dust:

(GL = Good Luck, FXD = Fingers Crossed, AFM = As for Me, CD = Cycle Day, OV= Ovulate) :haha:

AFM...Stalk my chart!!! Yay!! Temp didn't rise but it didn't drop either. I am not sure what my coverline will be but I am almost certain that I OVd on CD18... What do you all think?
I hope that it continues to rise. We have last dontation tomorrow so if it was CD19 or CD20, we are covered, I expect FF to give me some type of crosshairs tomorrow! FXD! I am trying not to be too excited as being sick last week really has me quite worried about OV... :wacko: Tomorrow, officially starts my TWW, but I am testing on 30th... Time will tell.... I wait.... GL FXD! :dust:

:wave: Hey there MrsMM24...

Your energy is AMAZING... I can feel your excitement and genuine happiness for everyone shining out of my screen! I'm glad I found this board!

I have to admit that I did look at your chart... :blush: I typically OV around CD17 as well... so, we shall see... I noticed EW CF when I went to the bathroom not long ago... TMI? I'm so tickled with charting that you would think we were starting now. We are going to start TTC in January... One heck of a New Years Resolution! So, I'm praying that I will be preggers when we get married in July.

I'm positive that your CD is impending and all will be well with your donations! I know the TWW can be excruciating so try not to dwell on it too much... Hope you get well soon! GL!!! :dust:

Praying that my wife and I won't be too far behind you with or LO!

No news to report on my end still no AF its really pissing me off! Could it be possible for me to have my period every other month? And could caffeine keep AF away...granted i have cut down on how much coffee i drink but just trying to figure out what is going on...I've registered on FSDR...and I have to say I've came across from.real crazy donors...and I've only been on for 3 days eeekk one flat out told me he always wanted to get a latina pregnant 0_o and the same guy ask me if he could get me and my partner pregnant at the same time creepyyyy needless to say he has been blocked from contacting me LOL but I did come across 2 POSSIBLE candidates who live pretty close to me so We shall see what happens...We are ready to get this rolling...any ideas/tips for hurrying AF??

Good luck to all the ladies who are are TTC'ing now or waiting to start TTC'ing! Lots of positive energy being sent your way!

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

IRADIATE, thanks! How are you today? Good Weekend? Weather was good here in MD so I hope you enjoyed a good relaxing weekend. Did you sign up for fertilityfriend? You can do that through my signature. Help with preparation. I wish you luck!

2MOMMIES!!! I wish I could help you but there is noooo way that I know of to get AF. However, we use to notice that the sex drive would increase and as soon as we BD... she would pop in, that B*OTCH! Oh, and still *shocked* at you being a Nun. Wow, that is too interesting.... How was visiting with you friend? Personal question, how does she handle you not being a nun and your relationship?

AFM...Stalk my chart!!! Yay!! The weekend was extra busy for me, as you can see I haven't even logged onto my beloved BNB. I am back and tackling this TTW head on, last week!!! Temp is barely staying above coverline, but it is not dropping soooo... I was too busy to be thinking about symptoms, but now that I read everyone's posts, I can say I haven't had any noticeable ones. I just hope that it continues to rise or at least stay up through to a bfp! Still trying not to be too excited as being sick a week before OV really has me quite worried... :wacko: I still wait... :coffee: FXD! :dust:

Heyy

The sex drive did decrease around the time that I would of gotten AF but still the :witch: never showed up but I have called the doctor to set up an appointment...waiting to hear back from them now!

I wasn't able to meet with my friends since my car was vandilized early satruday morning so I have been dealing with Cops and excuse my french "assholes" ugh I am so disgusted right now about the whole situation. My car is not even a month old since I bought it!

The friend that I was meeting is no longer as well! We entered the community together I ended up leaving first and she left several years later. She is now in the Army and is teaching Combat Medic Classes...I was so afraid to tell her years about about my relationship with my DP and ofcourse telling her I was gay but she didn't care one bit! She is now so supportive of us and wants to hear all about my TTC journey!

But I do have a close friend who is a nun...she has actually been a nun for over 40 some years and I was deadly afraid to tell her...I ended up writing her a note and giving it to her and i begged her not to read it infront on me...she didn't but when I walked into a room she read it and I just cried because I was so scared but she asked me to turn around look at her in the face and she said and I qoute " some of the nuns might think I am wrong for saying things but I love you for who you are and nothing will change that. I am not understand it but I still love you and care for you and that is not going to change". The last thing she said to me was Always remember God loves you no matter what! I couldn't tell you how badly I needed to hear that words at that time. I gave me courage to come out to my family! I am still very close friend with my nun friend and even though she doesn't understand she support me 100%! So this is my story. :coffee:

Quick question:

What Basal Thermometer do you use and when do you temp? I have only bee using OBKs and when I have had my period I have had positive but I wanna be more accurate and do anything I can do help!!

THANksss
-Lee

IRADIATE, thanks! How are you today? Good Weekend? Weather was good here in MD so I hope you enjoyed a good relaxing weekend. Did you sign up for fertilityfriend? You can do that through my signature. Help with preparation. I wish you luck!

2MOMMIES!!! I wish I could help you but there is noooo way that I know of to get AF. However, we use to notice that the sex drive would increase and as soon as we BD... she would pop in, that B*OTCH! Oh, and still *shocked* at you being a Nun. Wow, that is too interesting.... How was visiting with you friend? Personal question, how does she handle you not being a nun and your relationship?

AFM...Stalk my chart!!! Yay!! The weekend was extra busy for me, as you can see I haven't even logged onto my beloved BNB. I am back and tackling this TTW head on, last week!!! Temp is barely staying above coverline, but it is not dropping soooo... I was too busy to be thinking about symptoms, but now that I read everyone's posts, I can say I haven't had any noticeable ones. I just hope that it continues to rise or at least stay up through to a bfp! Still trying not to be too excited as being sick a week before OV really has me quite worried... :wacko: I still wait... :coffee: FXD! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->