Lesbian couples TTC

I ov'd 5 / 6 days post donation. Hope I'm still in with a chance of some kind. We'll have to wait and see

I am the same. Our donor could only meet on Monday and I was due to ov on Tuesday but for some reason I haven't ov'd and am worried that it will be too far in advance for it to work :-( its already been 4 days and haven't even got a high fertility yet alone a positive :-( good luck though. Hope it works for you. I'm stressing out as can only try one more month as I need to take a 3 month break as my brothers wedding is next April and don't want to risk missing the wedding If I was to fall pregnant (the one thing I want more than anything -apart from the missus of course)

I ov'd 5 / 6 days post donation. Hope I'm still in with a chance of some kind. We'll have to wait and see

I am the same. Our donor could only meet on Monday and I was due to ov on Tuesday but for some reason I haven't ov'd and am worried that it will be too far in advance for it to work :-( its already been 4 days and haven't even got a high fertility yet alone a positive :-( good luck though. Hope it works for you. I'm stressing out as can only try one more month as I need to take a 3 month break as my brothers wedding is next April and don't want to risk missing the wedding If I was to fall pregnant (the one thing I want more than anything -apart from the missus of course)

Fingers crossed for a quick ovulation for you xxx

Laura: Chin up. I have heard plenty of times that the cycle tht got the eggy was the one that they were sure they had missed. I know that it probably is frustrating and feels like a missed opportunity but try to stay cautiously optimistic. I mean, you dont even have a promised bean if you time it all "perfectly".

Ttcrainbow: See above. :thumbup:

I have fx for both of you too. :flower:

So tell me, are you ladies early testers or do you actually stick it out through the whole 2ww? Do you test only when you're late or the first time you feel "something"? How do you pass the time and survive the 2ww? :shrug:

I havent figured out how to survive the 2ww yet. I thought for sure I was pregnant last month and tested 4 times. Negative. I told myself i am gonna wait till June 26 when my period is due. We shall see. TTC makes you a little crazy.

Not sure when I will test yet.... I hope I have the patience to wait until my period is due but I might get impatient :)

I'm likely to test Sunday, June 3... unless I can't wait any longer, then I'll test tomorrow :D But Sunday is 13dpo, sill will hold out... if I can :D

I think its best to hold out so you wont be unnecesarily upset. Early pregnancy tests have low success rate...I wish I could take my own advice...

You're right... I know you are :D My problem is that I am symptom spotting like MAD! Last night at 2am, I was stirred out of a deep sleep because apparently I turned over and when I did my nipple brushed the sheets (yes, I sleep nude :haha::blush:) and it was so dang sore it woke me up! :dohh: Of course, that got my little brain going about symptoms and I laid awake and stared at the ceiling until after 5:30. I'm driving myself insane with the symptoms that may or not be related to PMS! :haha:

But, alas! I shall be brave! I shall be strong! I shall prevail! ... and not test until Sunday morning :thumbup: :haha:

I was actually going to wait until 14dpo this month, which would be Monday, but decided 13 dpo would be best so that it isn't a work day. This will let DP and I spend the day together, regardless of the results of the test. It would suck to have to test then go straight to work... :coffee:

I tried to sooth my need to know with some internet cheapies so that at least I wasn't draining our bank account with the need to know. I currently have 25IC, 4 dollar tree, 2 FRER, and 2 digis. :blush: What can I say? I like to be prepared. DOe it help make me sound less insane if I say I had coupons for most of them? :haha:

We really want to stick it out til the 16th. It's my birthday and I can't think of a better gift than a BFP but I am not really known for my patience so I don't know if we can make it that far. LOL!

HitTheJackpot last month my nipples were really sore and sensitive from 8dpo right up until the day AF came. Also i had severe cramping for like 30 mins in the middle of the night on days 8 and 10dpo. Needless to say i thought I was pregnant and used 5 tests all negative. I hope in your case this is your month. The crazy thing is you can have no symptoms and still be pregnant. Good luck

Hi ladies!! How is the wait going for everyone. The thread has been quiet for a few days.

I am doing a lot better on this wait or maybe it just feels that way because we are planning a vacation in 29 days and my birthday in 2 weeks. With so much stuff going on time seems to move faster. My partner and I agreed that if we dont get a BFP this cycle, we are going to skip next month just because the pressure would be super high hoping to ovulate before we leave. FF predicts next ovulation July 1st and we fly July 2nd. I really hope it is a non issue but I agree that spending the time money and energy on a cycle that we are likely to be away from our sperm.

Sorry your temps dropped, Laurac1988. But hey, it's not over until AF arrives... So hang in there.

The rest of you... Sending baby dust!! You will make it thru the 2ww. To the question about waiting... I try to wait because the disappointment of seeing a neg is devastating. But it's soooo hard.

My update: We have just started our 3-day window of trying. Our donor arrived last night on the train, and after some dinner and glass of wine, we inseminated. It was the evening of day 12, and I had a pos opk yesterday morning, plus strong o-pain about a half an hour before he arrived. (so we inseminated about 1.5-2 hours later. We used only the softcups and preseed, using the orgasm-insertion-orgasm method.)

I was surprised to feel ovulation pain so early. I expected tomorrow of even day 14. However, what I still don't know is whether what i feel is actually ovulation, or maybe the first start of the follicle trying to emerge- maybe a reaction to a wave of hormone or something. I'm starting to wonder if I actually ovulate later than I feel the pain, because my sister has similar cycles and sensations, and she also first got pregnant during a cycle when they tried a bit later than the date that all her signals seemed to indicate. Also, I seem to take 2-4 days most months for my temp to fully rise, so it also seems possible that I might be ovulating a smidge later than we've thought.

Anyway, that all means, we don't really know how our timing is. It's frustrating.

So, I'm just going to try to relax and enjoy. :) the thing that I find hard about all of this is that since it's going on in my body, I obviously have more of a sense than my partner or our donor about when we should try. But even from my side, it feels like a big guess!!

So depending, we are either slightly on the late side, or we have good timing. Impossible to know!! But I am hopeful that even if it was early, then hopefully we got it last night. And if it's later, then maybe today or tomorrow will get it.

Here's hoping! Baby dust to everybody...

I am doing a lot better on this wait or maybe it just feels that way because we are planning a vacation in 29 days and my birthday in 2 weeks. With so much stuff going on time seems to move faster. My partner and I agreed that if we dont get a BFP this cycle, we are going to skip next month just because the pressure would be super high hoping to ovulate before we leave. FF predicts next ovulation July 1st and we fly July 2nd. I really hope it is a non issue but I agree that spending the time money and energy on a cycle that we are likely to be away from our sperm.

I have also decided to take July off if this insemination doesnt take. Only because it stresses me out trying to get the timing right and spending so much each month on sperm and supplies. Let June be my month. Good luck to you

Morning Girls... unforunately, my news is not good. We got a glaring, taunting, hateful, spiteful, nasty BFN yesterday morning @ 13 dpo. Today, I have my typical signs of af. I was positive that it had taken, so I'm pretty much crushed. We, too, are probably going to take a break for at least June and maybe July. Not by choice... we need to recover financially. We have some more number crunching to do, but so far, it seems that covering the cost of this has put us in a bit of a hole that it will take at least two solid months to get back out of. We shall see, I guess.

Big loves and lots of baby dust all around *hugs*

Morning Girls... unforunately, my news is not good. We got a glaring, taunting, hateful, spiteful, nasty BFN yesterday morning @ 13 dpo. Today, I have my typical signs of af. I was positive that it had taken, so I'm pretty much crushed. We, too, are probably going to take a break for at least June and maybe July. Not by choice... we need to recover financially. We have some more number crunching to do, but so far, it seems that covering the cost of this has put us in a bit of a hole that it will take at least two solid months to get back out of. We shall see, I guess.

Awww so sorry hun :( :( big hugs xxxxxxxxxx look after each other :)

We haven't even started TTC yet.... Still waiting for AF.... CD37.... I'm getting majorly impatient and stressed about it and I wonder if this could be affecting it as I've had PMS symptoms on and off for the last week or so.

Awww so sorry hun :( :( big hugs xxxxxxxxxx look after each other :)

We haven't even started TTC yet.... Still waiting for AF.... CD37.... I'm getting majorly impatient and stressed about it and I wonder if this could be affecting it as I've had PMS symptoms on and off for the last week or so.

:hugs: Sorry Jackpot. I know it can be heartbreaking to invest and hope and not get the answer you are hoping for. Try to keep your chin up. Remeber, perfection takes time and I have no doubt that the baby you concieve will be perfection for you.

HopefulPony Do your best to relax about it all. The more stress you put on yourself, the more jacked up your cycle can get. Treat yourself to a massage or soak in a warm bath. Have a glass of wine with dinner. Just try to spoil and indulge your body while waiting. Remember a watched pot never boils so put AF out of your mind and let it happen. :thumbup:

Remeber, perfection takes time and I have no doubt that the baby you concieve will be perfection for you.

:cry::cry: I don't think anyone has put it more eloquently or in a way that touched me more! You are absolutely RIGHT! THAT is the way I need to look at it! YES!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Thank you thank you THANK YOU!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->