Less than 30wks and want to talk about anything other than labour. Anyone??

I totally thought I lost this thread, had no clue it was moved. :)

How's everyone doing??

I started GD meds yesterday and my numbers are FABULOUS today. WOOHOO! :)

I was wondering what happened to this one too LOL

I am busying myself nesting!

Oh and I get to go to my DH's Xmas party tonight so I get to get all diddied-up. Bonus a night out with DH which we haven't done since before we conceived this LO!

Nice! My hubby just told me tonight that his company Christmas party is at a movie theater, they bring food in and then watch a movie, have the whole place to themselves. Sounds "OKAY" I suppose but they aren't closing the restaurant until 8, so the people working won't get there until 9 or 9:30, he said they would probably watch the movie at 11 or so. WHAT?!?! I turn into a pumpkin far before that. I told him I'd go for dinner to meet people (he just took over as GM of this place) but then he'd have to bring me home. LOL

Hey ladies, I know there are a few Canadian girls on here...Out of boredom tonight I was looking up mat leave and I thought I'd easily get the full amount but I'm worried I won't now!

For those who've done it do they use your most recent weeks of earning or your highest weeks? Or is it the most recent tax year? I'm really hoping its not based on taxes because I was in school the first half of this year... with really low income jan-may. Since graduating of course I've been making decent but I also hope my earnings in jan and possibly feb will count!!
Help!!
I wanted to take leave at 36 wks but now I think I might be forced to bust my butt for this last stretch just to boost my earning! Damnit!

Nice! My hubby just told me tonight that his company Christmas party is at a movie theater, they bring food in and then watch a movie, have the whole place to themselves. Sounds "OKAY" I suppose but they aren't closing the restaurant until 8, so the people working won't get there until 9 or 9:30, he said they would probably watch the movie at 11 or so. WHAT?!?! I turn into a pumpkin far before that. I told him I'd go for dinner to meet people (he just took over as GM of this place) but then he'd have to bring me home. LOL

Congrats on DH's promotion :flower:

Hey ladies, I know there are a few Canadian girls on here...Out of boredom tonight I was looking up mat leave and I thought I'd easily get the full amount but I'm worried I won't now!

For those who've done it do they use your most recent weeks of earning or your highest weeks? Or is it the most recent tax year? I'm really hoping its not based on taxes because I was in school the first half of this year... with really low income jan-may. Since graduating of course I've been making decent but I also hope my earnings in jan and possibly feb will count!!
Help!!
I wanted to take leave at 36 wks but now I think I might be forced to bust my butt for this last stretch just to boost my earning! Damnit!

They go off the last 600 hours you worked, well at least the last time I went on mat leave that is the way it worked for me. Then as per the amount they use your current weekly wage amount I believe, I m not sure if they include overtime or not. Here is the info https://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/ei/types/maternity_parental.shtml#eligible

Kellie I know what you mean. Super last night didn't end until 9:40pm and was handing out dessert menus when we had to leave. So I know what you mean about not being able to stay. I also wouldn't be able to sit through a movie right now.

congrats on the promotion!! That is awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->