Let's Get Fit & Fertile! All ladies welcome :D

GreyGirl

Pregnant with no2!
Reaction score
I am attempting to start a new group, feel free to join.
I wanted to start a group for women who are trying to get healthy and fit in order to be more fertile. Losing weight would be a great bonus!

I am currently around 180lbs (I'm not sure exactly) which is around 13st in English ;) I have PCOS and a chocolate craving! I'm currently on about day 50 with no chocolate (it would have been closer to 60, but I've had a few mistakes!) previously I was having up to 6 bars a day! I don't drink or smoke, so food is my biggest obstacle.

Exercise wise, I have my dog, whom I walk most days, and I have an exercise bike. I'm up to about 10 minutes on that. I want to be able to do half an hour on that and basically get fit and healthy for life and fertility!

I wanted to create a supportive group who can help with the ups and downs as I think getting fit is different when you're TTC...let's share tips and recipes for a healthier life for us and our future babies!!!!

Please join in and let's get fit together :happydance::thumbup:

This is a great idea!!! :D

I started putting on weight when I first went on the pill about 6 or 7 years ago. I stopped taking it about 3 years ago, about a year after I met my husband. We've been actively TTC now for nearly 2 1/2 years, and what spurred me to lose weight was actually when I was pregnant last feb. When I went for my first doctors appointment he turned round and said to me "You will be very lucky to carry a pregnancy to full term at the size you are." I was initially shocked and hurt, but then I made a vow that when my baby was born I would lose weight. It was not to be, however, as I had a miscarriage about 2 weeks later.

I of course blamed myself, thinking that it was because I was over weight that I miscarried. Which was stupid, but it was all down to that insensitive doctor. But, it inspired me to lose weight. I didn't start losing straight away, as I was still grieving for my loss, but I started last August. So, I've been trying to lose weight for 11 months using my local slimming world group.

And I am proud to say that in 11 months I have lost 2st 9lbs in total! (about 38lb if I added it up right haha). It would be great to have support from others, and also to help others who need supporting. And if anybody needs some healthy recipes, then I'm pretty much a one stop shop!!! :D

Happy Slimming and TTC!

XxX

Thank you for joining in! I'm sorry for your loss, I hope you don't blame yourself anymore, it's not your fault. I have been told to lose weight too, I'm trying but it's hard! I know there can be complications being bigger, but being healthy and big is better than being unhealthy and skinny right?
Well done on your weight loss!!! That's brilliant! I was actually going to slimming world when I got pregnant, when I lost the baby, my motivation went. I haven't been able to bring myself to go back just yet, so am trying to do it by myself, if I can't I may have to go back.

No, I don't blame myself anymore. I fully realised about 7 months ago it was nothing to do with my weight when my aunty got pregnant (she's alot bigger than I ever was... without trying to be rude). However, she has had alot of complications and discomfort through being bigger, so sh'es kind of kept me going at losing weight with all the complaining she's done haha.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss too :( It's a really awful thing to go through, and my heart goes out to anybody who has ever been through it. But yeah, I agree! Being bigger but healthy IS beter than being skinny and unhealthy.

And thanks, I'm really proud of myself :) I have another 2st 5lb to go to my target haha, although everyone keeps saying if I go to 10st I'll disappear lol. It's nice to get the compliments though :)

I found slimming world the best thing that I've ever done really. The amount of times I've tried to lose weight on my own and failed is unreal! But I can understand not being ready to go back yet. And like I said, I have loads of SW recipes that I use all the time, so if you fancy something a bit different/healthy then give me a shout. I'm sure I can giev you something yummy! haha.

XxX

hey Grey!!! here to join..
so back in April I was weighing 173 according to my Doc's weight scale... I've been calorie counting and doing 30/45 minutes on the threadmill everyday since getting it back in mid April and this morning's weight is 161.4 :saywhat: girl, I could not believe my eyes. I was so happy. the thing that is helping me too is that my husbby is also doing the same thing and he is doing so much better than I am and he is my motivation :thumbup:

let's get fit.....

This is a great idea!!! :D

I started putting on weight when I first went on the pill about 6 or 7 years ago. I stopped taking it about 3 years ago, about a year after I met my husband. We've been actively TTC now for nearly 2 1/2 years, and what spurred me to lose weight was actually when I was pregnant last feb. When I went for my first doctors appointment he turned round and said to me "You will be very lucky to carry a pregnancy to full term at the size you are." I was initially shocked and hurt, but then I made a vow that when my baby was born I would lose weight. It was not to be, however, as I had a miscarriage about 2 weeks later.

:hugs: I am so sorry for your loss :hugs:
I am in shock over what your doc said. what a horrible thing to say to someone. so unprofessional of him. I think you could have reported him. :hugs:

No, I don't blame myself anymore. I fully realised about 7 months ago it was nothing to do with my weight when my aunty got pregnant (she's alot bigger than I ever was... without trying to be rude). However, she has had alot of complications and discomfort through being bigger, so sh'es kind of kept me going at losing weight with all the complaining she's done haha.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss too :( It's a really awful thing to go through, and my heart goes out to anybody who has ever been through it. But yeah, I agree! Being bigger but healthy IS beter than being skinny and unhealthy.

And thanks, I'm really proud of myself :) I have another 2st 5lb to go to my target haha, although everyone keeps saying if I go to 10st I'll disappear lol. It's nice to get the compliments though :)

I found slimming world the best thing that I've ever done really. The amount of times I've tried to lose weight on my own and failed is unreal! But I can understand not being ready to go back yet. And like I said, I have loads of SW recipes that I use all the time, so if you fancy something a bit different/healthy then give me a shout. I'm sure I can giev you something yummy! haha.

XxX

congrats on losing your weight :happydance: and I agree, supporting one another is a great motiviation... hubby supports and pushes me to a level where he knows I can do it and I love him for that...

yes please post any healthy recipes you may have and I'll do the same.. :hugs:

Welcome Lisa! Congratulations on your weight loss,that's brilliant!
I was hoping we could support each other and share recipes. I will share some when I get home :)

Right, I'll start the ball rolling on healthy recipes. This is one I've made up, so alter as you wish. I'm not great at measurements, but it should be easy enough.

Chilli on Baby Potatoes

Ingredients:

Spring Onions
Mince (any variety including quorn should be fine)
Baby Potatoes (the tinier the better)
Onion (I use frozen, pre-cut)
Garlic (I use powder)
Canned chopped tomato
Tomato Puree
Herbs of your choice
Spices - chilli powder, paprika, cinamon.

Method:

Set a pan boiling and add a little bit of salt (sea salt normally for me) and add the baby potatoes.
Heat a pan/wak/saucepan and add the mince. When brown add the onion.
Add the garlic, herbs and spices.
Add tomatoe puree and canned tomato.
While simmering, chop the spring onions and add.
After 15-20 minutes, it should be ready. Once a fork goes easily into the potatoes, then they should be done.
Put the potatoes on the plate first then put the chilli on top - yum!

Right, gonna try and do a bit longer on the exercise bike today...anyone else got any exercise plans for today? I'm also gonna be walking my dog (when it's less sunny).

:hi: Grey! that sounds delicious yummy!!!

my exercise for the day is 45mins on the treadmill... on weekends i usually do 45 min exercise on the treadmill in the morning and 30 min at night....

how many calories do you take in every day? I am trying to eat less than 1200 calories and once I reach my goal weight, I will up that....

:hi: Grey! that sounds delicious yummy!!!

my exercise for the day is 45mins on the treadmill... on weekends i usually do 45 min exercise on the treadmill in the morning and 30 min at night....

how many calories do you take in every day? I am trying to eat less than 1200 calories and once I reach my goal weight, I will up that....

Walking or running on the treadmill? I wish I could run, but the 'ladies' are too heavy. I walk and bike and that's about it now, I want to find more things that don't hurt.
I don't count my calories, I'm struggling with food, managing to not have chocolate most of the time, which cuts out about 1,000 calories a day from what I was having. Not sure what my total is now.

Walking or running on the treadmill? I wish I could run, but the 'ladies' are too heavy. I walk and bike and that's about it now, I want to find more things that don't hurt.
I don't count my calories, I'm struggling with food, managing to not have chocolate most of the time, which cuts out about 1,000 calories a day from what I was having. Not sure what my total is now.

oh gosh you too with the ladies being too heavy :rofl: same here :wacko:
because I recently just started on the treadmill i walk and take long strides. Im hoping to start jogging soon and work my way up to running :thumbup: I also have these Jillian Michaels workout DVDs but can't seem to get in the mood to do them plus my apt is too small and with the treadmill being there now it's a lot less room to move but Im definitely going to try and get to do them because I love the workouts... OR I may look into doing Aerobics 2 or 3 times a week at a gym, still looking into it though lol... really can't afford it but we'll see

do you eat milk chocolate? I hear dark chocolate is better for you but not if you're eating 1000 calories of it lol :winkwink: do you eat fruits? if you do, have you eaten chocolate covered fruits? that's a good way to get something healthy in you while eating something that's not... if you could eat the fruit with the dark chocolate than that's doubly healthy... :winkwink: throwing some ideas at you if you haven't tried them :flower:

Glad to hear it's not just me! Sounds like good walking practice! do you do the high intensity interval training? Very good for burning fat apparently. Good luck getting to running - you may have to strap them down though! ;)

I can't stand dark chocolate, tastes vile to me (sorry), but I appreciate the thought :) I have tried various times to like it, but no luck. I don't eat many fresh fruit and vegetablesyet (we're trying to work them in) but I do have a lot of canned tomatoes and frozen peppers and mushrooms, etc. This is the best I've done at not eating chocolate, I'm only having occasional slip ups, not the 6 bars a day I was on (it got up to that after my operation and I was on comfort food big time!)

Hiya:hi: ladies,

I would like to join. I am at my heaviest weight 237. My goal weight is around 160. I lost 20lbs just by cutting back on calories and exercising. It took a few months to loose it cause I had some set backs. But my main problem is motivation....I can loose it so quick, but hard to get it back. UGH...you would think looking at myself in the mirror would be motivational enough, but it makes me more depressed. Now I'm just rambling:haha:

Let's get fit & fertile:thumbup:

Hiya:hi: ladies,

I would like to join. I am at my heaviest weight 237. My goal weight is around 160. I lost 20lbs just by cutting back on calories and exercising. It took a few months to loose it cause I had some set backs. But my main problem is motivation....I can loose it so quick, but hard to get it back. UGH...you would think looking at myself in the mirror would be motivational enough, but it makes me more depressed. Now I'm just rambling:haha:

Let's get fit & fertile:thumbup:

WELCOME!!! :happydance:

Well done on your weight loss so far! We'll get you there together :D
I know what you mean, I wonder sometimes why looking at myself in the mirror just isn't motivation enough...sometimes I think it makes it worse because I feel like it's hopeless.
You're in the right place :hugs:

You're welcome :)
How are you ladies doing? I've been ill the last few days, so no exercise...
I have looked at my tally chart though and out of 69 days since I started, I've had 59 without any chocolate! That's a miracle for the former 6-bars-a-day-girl I was!

Hello ladies you can count me in too...

About me: I'm a mom of a two y/o son been ttcing four cycles now and my starting weight is 153.2lbs
Well starting today I've done 5min of ab work and would like to have 15min per dat that would make it working out 3 time a day for my starting week one...

Welcome! I hope you like it here :) Sounds like you've got a good workout plan sorted, hope it goes well and we're here to get through our weight loss together. Are you doing anything different food wise?

Welcome! I hope you like it here :) Sounds like you've got a good workout plan sorted, hope it goes well and we're here to get through our weight loss together. Are you doing anything different food wise?

Thanks hun well as food goes not yet but I will as I sit down and look online for my food plan..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->