Let's share in the nervousness...

Wish85

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Hi girls,

Anyone else nervous about their end of first trimester scans? I have my NT scan on the 15 December - only 9 painfully long days to wait.

I have no reason to think anything will be wrong but you know how crazy the hormones make us :haha:

This is #2 for me so you would think I'd be less nervous because I've done it before, but NOPE, I'm more nervous this time! All of my symptoms have gone which doesn't help.

Who else feels the same? Want to wait it out together?

Maybe I could join you? I'm only 4w5d but also waiting for an ultrasound on Dec 14 (my first US at 6 weeks). Sort of scared, I don't have many symptoms (same as with my daughter).

Of course you can join Emily! First scans are nerve wracking too! I had one at 7 weeks and heartbeat was strong but I was still freaking out before hand and am again now!

I felt great until bang on 6 weeks then it all hit me like a truck. Enjoy these next few symptomless weeks just in case you're one of the unlucky ones who gets hit with morning sickness..it's horrible! I had NO symptoms the whole pregnancy with DS.

My first pregnancy was a breeze (until the end when she decided not to come until almost 42 weeks lol!). I had next to no nausea, never threw up, pretty much nothing. Didn't even think to take a test with her until I was 6w3d. So I have no idea if this time will be the same, or if it'll all hit me like a truck at 6 weeks lol!

Hun I was totally the same. Wouldn't have known I was pregnant except for lack of af and the expanding belly. I went overseas and everything in the first trimester and hiked etc. Felt great.

I was sure I would be the same this time but then BAM - not so lucky second time around. I feel good now but I was vomiting 3-4 times a day and needed medication. Urgh glad that's over!

Mine is on 14th December! It was meant to be the 13th and I had to change it due to work :-(
It's gone soooo slow - it's only a week tomorrow now but I can't believe how far away it still seems,!based on how the weeks have dragged so far!

I'm also having a horrible pregnancy this time, after being absolutely fine last time, so I'm also nervous :-(

Mine is on 14th December! It was meant to be the 13th and I had to change it due to work :-(
It's gone soooo slow - it's only a week tomorrow now but I can't believe how far away it still seems,!based on how the weeks have dragged so far!

I'm also having a horrible pregnancy this time, after being absolutely fine last time, so I'm also nervous :-(

Memma we're almost due the same day :) it's one of those catch 22 things - I want it to hurry up so I can know baby is ok, announce, get excited etc but then I don't want to go in case that's the day I find out something is wrong :nope: can't win but at least we all have each other to keep company and stress with :haha:

yay i'm glad i found this post!! Mine is this saturday December 10th! i'll be 6w5d i think or 6days.. anywho, its my first scan and first prenatal visit since i found out and thus i'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nervous!!! Veryyyyy super anxious!! I want to know if its actually in there and the heartbeat is fine and everything is well! :'( My only symptoms are sore boobs especially at night! I wake up and they're like bricks?! strange..never happened when i was pregnant my daughter.. and second symptom is a little nauseated now and then but starting to think its from my sore throat which is alot better this morning..

Memma we're almost due the same day :) it's one of those catch 22 things - I want it to hurry up so I can know baby is ok, announce, get excited etc but then I don't want to go in case that's the day I find out something is wrong :nope: can't win but at least we all have each other to keep company and stress with :haha:

I'm 22nd June! :)
However I've convinced myself that I'll be behind/they're going to put my due date back at the scan, and I'll have to repeat a whole week of this nauseous hell or something haha!
I have no reason to think that - it would just be my luck!

Good luck for Sat Catch! I'm sure it will all be fine! I was so nervous before my 7 week scan but it's always such a relief afterwards when you see the little heartbeat flickering!

Memma I'm due the same day, we must be in different time zones because it looked like you were a day behind me. Are you still nauseous? My ms left about a week ago however I've been getting waves of it today so I am praying it's not making a comeback.

Yes! Also my second and I'm so nervous! I had an early scan at 6 weeks due to bleeding and all was fine, saw a heartbeat. My 12 week is on Thursday and I'm terrified they'll say there's nothing there! I had a few problems in my first pregnancy and had a healthy daughter, it's the unknown!

Totally understand how you feel! I too picture them saying there is nothing there even though there has to be because I saw baby at 7 weeks. You're right, it's the unknown & I don't like it lol all the best for your scan!

Memma I'm due the same day, we must be in different time zones because it looked like you were a day behind me. Are you still nauseous? My ms left about a week ago however I've been getting waves of it today so I am praying it's not making a comeback.

Yes I'm in the UK :) . I'll be 12+6 at my scan (or should be...).
Still nauseous every day, I've been signed off work this week as it's just relentless. Evenings are the worst. Not actually vomitting though, but I just wish it would go away now!
Are you going to find out what you're having? :)

Good luck with your upcoming scans ladies :hugs:

I'm really nervous this time around. I had a horrid pregnancy last time and they found abnormalities in the measurements at my 12 week scan. All turned out well but it's made me really anxious. Plus I'm so excited about this pregnancy because I know my little girl is going to freak out that she's going to be a big sister so I will be devastated if something is wrong and won't be able to tell her.....

And breathe!!!

It's going to be a really long few weeks... :dohh:

Vitri that must have been so scary. Good luck to you too! I don't blame you for feeling nervous. I am also nervous about the abnormalities thing but probably more so just that the baby has stopped growing or something silly like that. Such a pessimistic way of thinking but I think it's normal and common. I think because I know first hand friends who have been so excited about announcing but then they have a MMC at the 13 week scan so it's imprinted in my head.

Memma yes I should be 13 wks exactly when I have my scan but according to them I'll be 12+5. At my dating scan I measured 2 days behind but meh I know my dates and it's only 2 days. I could have caught up by now. You poor thing, my MS was so bad this pregnancy. I couldn't have survived without medication. I hope yours starts to taper off soon!
I really don't know. I am in two minds about finding out because I found out first time around so wanted to try keeping it a surprise this time but my OH wants to find out. Who will get their way? haha Are you?

Im terrified...try not to think about it all but its impossible. This is my 3rd pregnancy since we started TTC and the last one ended 2 days after my 7 weeks 6 day scan with a healthy little bean...i was listening to the heartbeat with my own doppler so this time I just cant seem to allow myself to have even a grain of hope. FX everything goes perfectly for everyone!

Im terrified...try not to think about it all but its impossible. This is my 3rd pregnancy since we started TTC and the last one ended 2 days after my 7 weeks 2 day scan with a healthy little bean...i was listening to the heartbeat with my own doppler so this time I just cant seem to allow myself to have even a grain of hope. FX everything goes perfectly for everyone!

Oh I'm sorry for your losses May. Fingers crossed you get your second rainbow baby this time xx

I know what you mean Wish, even though I still feel terrible which surely should be a 'good' sign, and I saw the baby with a heartbeat at 7 weeks - it's still a worry that something will have happened since then. I think everyone feels the same before the 12 weeks scan because you can't feel movement, don't look pregnant etc - so you have no inidication if everything is still ok until you have that scan!
I had a Doppler from 10 weeks last time so was able to listen but I haven't got one this time :-(

We are definitely going to find out. I have 3 boys so we definitely want to know. The youngest is only 13 months now so we need to know whether to keep all his baby clothes or get girl stuff instead (fingers crossed!).
We have a private gender scan booked in just over 3 weeks when I'll be 15+1 :)

My scan is today and I'm terrified! To the point where I literally dont even want to go. This is my 3rd baby (although 4th pregnancy) and it seems to get scarier every time. Trying to drink lots but Im so nervous I constantly need to pee!
Im somewhere around 13 weeks. Hopefully I'll come back and update you later with good news x

I know what you mean Wish, even though I still feel terrible which surely should be a 'good' sign, and I saw the baby with a heartbeat at 7 weeks - it's still a worry that something will have happened since then. I think everyone feels the same before the 12 weeks scan because you can't feel movement, don't look pregnant etc - so you have no inidication if everything is still ok until you have that scan!
I had a Doppler from 10 weeks last time so was able to listen but I haven't got one this time :-(

We are definitely going to find out. I have 3 boys so we definitely want to know. The youngest is only 13 months now so we need to know whether to keep all his baby clothes or get girl stuff instead (fingers crossed!).
We have a private gender scan booked in just over 3 weeks when I'll be 15+1 :)

Memma we are so the same. Scan at 7 weeks all was well but still, that was 5 weeks ago. Anything could have happened!!! I hate thinking like that but I can't help it. So you're hoping for a girl huh? I don't mind either way but I would prefer a boy if I had to choose. I really want DS to have a brother to grow up with and this is it for us :) Everyone keeps saying they think I'm having a girl but I really believe it's a boy.

That's so exciting you get to find out in 3 weeks!!! You will have to let me know!

My scan is today and I'm terrified! To the point where I literally dont even want to go. This is my 3rd baby (although 4th pregnancy) and it seems to get scarier every time. Trying to drink lots but Im so nervous I constantly need to pee!
Im somewhere around 13 weeks. Hopefully I'll come back and update you later with good news x

Best of luck ljs..please update us with the good news!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->