• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Levels Dropping, Just Testing To See The Lines Fade Page 114

Ouch. That's not hopeful for hook effect. :( OK, I'm still hoping that was one dodgy test!

I'm sorry Stucki. **hugs** Praying for a miracle tomorrow.

Fridays lab results
Hcg 135
Progesterone 15

Theres no way that its the hook effect. It's a failing pregnancy

Have been silently stalking and keeping everything crossed for you. Those numbers seem ok to me, within the normal ranges. Keep thinking positive until you've had the second draw - it's the progression that counts.

Good luck x

Fridays lab results
Hcg 135
Progesterone 15

Theres no way that its the hook effect. It's a failing pregnancy

I'm so sorry I agree with you hon. Unfortunately I think that your levels should be higher than that by now. Sending hugs. I wish I had words that could make everything better.

My numbers should have doubled 6-7 times since the 15th. There's no way that my numbers would be this low if they were doubling properly. I know that there is a variance....but at 135, that means today they should be at least 270. I don't think they are 270. I think that they are in the double digits.

Best case scenario here:
16: 8 [though I highly doubt the FRER would have had a line like that if it was 8]
18: 16
22: 33
24: 67.5 [I got 2-3 on the digi (digi says 2-3 when hcg is 200-2000) so there's no way it was 67.5]
26:135
28: ? [Would have to be 270]
30:? [Would have to be 540]

I just don't see a happy outcome. Sorry ladies for being so negative, I'm just trying to be realistic about this.

I don't think the hook effect works for everyone, i never once got it to work for me....

I also never got a test as strong as the control line.

I'm thinking of you, and willing with all i have for good news tomorrow for you xxx

I'm so sorry stucki. This is just horrible. Sending you lots of :hugs: from afar.

Is your signature right? At 6 weeks my levels were 7000 so were on the low side compared to some. I know it's hard to be positive. I never got lines as good as you with my pregnancies that didn't work out. Hopefully you'll know for definite what's going on tomorrow x

I don't want to say to much as I know its horrible enough as it is but when my level was 135 my clearblue digi was 1-2. I really do hope that your HCG is rising x

From babymed.com---

"The HCG level usually rises as pregnancy progresses, doubling every 48-72 hours until 11-12 weeks of the pregnancy. HCG or Human Chorionic Gonadotropin is the pregnancy hormone which is produced by the placenta and is detected with pregnancy tests."

So hcg doesn't have to necessarily double every 48 hrs then right? It could take it technically 3 days to double! I hate to keep quoting websites and all, but I'm just reaaaaally trying to still hold out some hope. I know you're gearing yourself up for the worst news, which I really don't blame you. Someone who has been through as much as you have, I can only imagine how heartbreaking it is to be disappointed over and over. But, at the same time, I can't help but to try to grasp straws for you because I have been stalking this story for so long! I've kinda been living vicariously through you and this thread. I think that's why I'm trying to stay so optimistic. Maybe tomorrow will be the unexpected good news that we all are wanting you to hear.

Hi stucki, I have been stalking to see what happens. I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this. I went through the same thing when I got pregnant in August 2012. My levels were rising like normal 21, 57, 135 then 4 days later they were 197 and I knew what was happening I just didn't want to accept it. They sent me for another blood test 2 days later and my levels dropped to 105 and that us when it all hit me. I am so so so very sorry, I know exactly what your going through. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: if you need a friend, or a shoulder to cry on, pm me. There may still be some light at the end of all this, and things may turn out ok. But your gut feeling is usually right, even if your heart wants nothing to do with it. Again I'm very sorry :( keep us posted. :hugs:

From babymed.com---

"The HCG level usually rises as pregnancy progresses, doubling every 48-72 hours until 11-12 weeks of the pregnancy. HCG or Human Chorionic Gonadotropin is the pregnancy hormone which is produced by the placenta and is detected with pregnancy tests."

So hcg doesn't have to necessarily double every 48 hrs then right? It could take it technically 3 days to double! I hate to keep quoting websites and all, but I'm just reaaaaally trying to still hold out some hope. I know you're gearing yourself up for the worst news, which I really don't blame you. Someone who has been through as much as you have, I can only imagine how heartbreaking it is to be disappointed over and over. But, at the same time, I can't help but to try to grasp straws for you because I have been stalking this story for so long! I've kinda been living vicariously through you and this thread. I think that's why I'm trying to stay so optimistic. Maybe tomorrow will be the unexpected good news that we all are wanting you to hear.

Yes, but my levels would have had to be over 200 to get 2-3 on the digital test on the 24th.

Yes, but my levels would have had to be over 200 to get 2-3 on the digital test on the 24th.

Well thats what you would think but it happened to me... not sure if this link will work...

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...els-only-113-damn-digis-2nd-betas-256-xx.html

But i got 2-3 weeks on a digi on the sunday and had my first blood draw on the monday and my betas were 113!!! I'm still hoping you get good news tomorrow xxx

Yeah, but I would have been 21dpo and my levels were only 135....that's much too low :(
The timeline just doesn't work out in my head.

:hugs:

I understand being reserved your numbers are on the low side ...but don't give up hope yet. That digi could have been iffy same with that other test. When you test as much as you do Hun you will come across a few bad tests.

I'm praying for you

Try not to worry too much yet hun , Worrying only creates stress which in turn can cause problems . I have seen a few ladies with low numbers that go on to have healthy babies so try to relax for a day or two until you get your results :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->