LHA - can anyone help.

WhiteGeisha

Reaction score
Single mum. On SMP. Get CTC and WTC and CB.

According to the DirectGov Benefits Adviser it doesn't say I am eligible for LHA??

I have been told by my advisor at the council I would qualify. Rang LHA Benefits and she said to do the calculations using the DirectGov calculator.

Are any of you in receipt of all the above SMP, CTC, WTC and CB and get LHA?

I can't get my head around it and I need to know asap as 2 properties have come up to rent and I need to act fast.

The lady at LHA said she will do a manual calculation and call me back "sometime today".

Anyone help?:flower:

it all depends on how much your sMP is. if your income inclusing wTC/cTC and sMP is too high you may not be entitled or only to some lHA. put your details in www.entitledto.org.uk and it will tell you. you need to find out your lHA rate for a 2 bed place as if you and daughter then this is largest they will pay towards. then put this figure into the calculator and it will tell you how much you could get.

@ littlekitten8 lha is local housing allowance

They called me back and said I'm entitled to approx £40 a week towards my rent which would be £550. I think if I didn't claim the TCs I'd get full LHA. Which I suppose is right as if I didn't work I wouldn't be able to claim them and would get full LHA. I was lead to believe I'd get more than that though.

Yeh depends on your income, Are you going back to work after maternity leave? If i were you id just work out how much you'd get on a full pay, with all the tax credits and CHB, Then see if its affordable for you. I think you'd be worse off if you didnt claim the tax credits though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->