Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

My 12 week scan is booked next week! I am almost there ladies! I am almost out of the first trimester!

I hope you start to feel better once you hit the second tri!! What day is your 12 week apt? Also, what do they do at the 12 week apt? I am not sure what to expect. Mine is the 25th and I already have a countdown on my calendar!!!

My 12 week scan is booked next week! I am almost there ladies! I am almost out of the first trimester!

I hope you start to feel better once you hit the second tri!! What day is your 12 week apt? Also, what do they do at the 12 week apt? I am not sure what to expect. Mine is the 25th and I already have a countdown on my calendar!!!

22nd... so I will be 12 weeks and 2 days. Basically they are screening for down syndrome and similar conditions, so they are measuring around the neck/head area to pick up any potential chromosomal abnormalities. Their measurements aren't always definitive, if you have a questionable measurement they then request to do a amniocentesis. (Not that common) It's all kind of a formality if you don't have a high risk for any of these conditions (family history etc.) really, I think a lot of women do it just to get that first glance at their bubba actually looking like a bubba!

How are you feeling maze? I hear you have hyperemesis too. Hope you're feelin better!

How are you feeling maze? I hear you have hyperemesis too. Hope you're feelin better!

Pretty awful, I was in the hospital for several days last week. I was hoping to be able to do home care but my doctor is concerned and thinks I should be probably monitored during rehydration because I have a history of blood pressure problems during pregnancy and am at some risk of having a stroke. They say that, but I try not to let it freak me out because I am aware of my limitations during pregnancy and don't push myself too far as a result.

Hi ladies, how is everyone doing? I had my first u/s yesterday! H/R was 136 (does that mean boy)?

https://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a527/mickeyyoda/20130312_113646_zps06086fc3.jpg

Ugh, I'm so sorry. I was hospitalized last week for the 3rd time, so they decided to put a picc line in my arm so that I can give myself IV fluids and zofran and phenergan (so I can't puke the meds up) from home. I have a home visiting nurse coming weekly to check vitals and change the dressing on my picc line. It has helped so much! I'm giving myself at least one liter of fluids a day, which has made all the difference in the world. I wish you could get the same...but it's understandable that they want to monitor you for bp etc.

Hope you feel better :hugs:

Yay!! Mine is next week too, on the 21st. Can't wait to get out the dreaded first tri! My MS is back with a vengeance today, yuk. How is everyone else doing? xx

I'm so sorry you ladies are having to deal with such harsh sickness, I hope it subsides soon! Sending big :hugs: to both of you!

Hi ladies, how is everyone doing? I had my first u/s yesterday! H/R was 136 (does that mean boy)?

https://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a527/mickeyyoda/20130312_113646_zps06086fc3.jpg

Cute little bean! Congrats on your apt. and glad everything went well. I am not sure about the heart beat theory, but I think if it is lower than 140/150 it is suppose to be a boy, and if it is high it is suppost to be a girl. Not sure if that is correct or not as I am not familiar with it. Mine was 140 at my 8 week so right in the middle, lol.

Paitons mommy - I had third degree tears borderline 4th through vagina, muscle and rectum with my first baby and I was fully expecting it with my second. It turned out my son had shoulder dystocia so he basically tore me open as he came out. My second labour was fast and my daughter was out in about 3 pushes still in the amniotic sac..I had a 1st degree tear this time. My midwife gave me the option of sewing it up or leaving it..basing it on the first time she told me I probably wouldnt feel it given what happened the 1st time but she also said that she would sew it up for most other mums but she thought i would be ok. I opted to leave it and omg it was fab. I barely felt it, a bit stingy when peeing but ok. It was a totally different experience.

Not sure what to expect this time around. First time still has left long lasting damage to my body and i am sure you know what I mean.

If it has happened to you twice, have they not offered you a C section?

Maze - yay to having your 12 weeks scan. I have my NT scan at just over 13 weeks so looking forward to that. When did your HG stop last time?

Happy Wednesday.

Very cute!!!!

I dont think the HB theory (if it is even true) kicks in until after 12 weeks when it starts to stabilize. Right now its going to keep rising then it will drop down and stabilize .

I wish it was true thou... i would like to have a girl and i just had my ultrasound on Monday and it was 144

This is going to be a long 9 months for me.... i am already analyzing every little thing to figure out if its a boy or a girl LOL

I am determined to stay team yellow, so far it has made me less looking for signs than I normally am. I hope it stays that way.

Paitons mommy - I had third degree tears borderline 4th through vagina, muscle and rectum with my first baby and I was fully expecting it with my second. It turned out my son had shoulder dystocia so he basically tore me open as he came out. My second labour was fast and my daughter was out in about 3 pushes still in the amniotic sac..I had a 1st degree tear this time. My midwife gave me the option of sewing it up or leaving it..basing it on the first time she told me I probably wouldnt feel it given what happened the 1st time but she also said that she would sew it up for most other mums but she thought i would be ok. I opted to leave it and omg it was fab. I barely felt it, a bit stingy when peeing but ok. It was a totally different experience.

Not sure what to expect this time around. First time still has left long lasting damage to my body and i am sure you know what I mean.

If it has happened to you twice, have they not offered you a C section?

Maze - yay to having your 12 weeks scan. I have my NT scan at just over 13 weeks so looking forward to that. When did your HG stop last time?

Happy Wednesday.

My HG didn't stop till after delivery last time. :cry:

I really want a girl but will be happy either way. Does anyone have that maternal instinct of the sex of the baby? My instinct screams boy.

I give you girls props for staying team yellow, I know I couldn't do it but I bet it will be an amazing surprise and worth the wait once you give birth!

I did stay on team yellow both times..I figure you dont get many big surprises in life. I was totally wrong both times in what gender i thought i was having. I will be staying on team yellow again this time.

Maze - I hope its shorter this time as that would really suck. Its so much harder when you have children now too.

Just got back from my first appointment (finally) and I got to see our little pumpkin on a handheld ultrasound. Not exactly the clearest thing I have ever seen, but I saw a heartbeat and at this point that is all that matters. I think that it just finally hit me that there is a little person in there.

I was really hoping that the MS was starting to pass and I would be able to keep up better, as I have eaten the last two days and kept everything down, but this morning required fasting homocysteine level testing, and once my belly got empty, I seem to no longer be able to put anything in it again. :dohh: They couldn't confirm my due date with that tiny little ultrasound, but they have scheduled my real scan for the 3rd of April, along with genectic testing and a regular OB appointment. We were supposed to leave for SC for our wedding on the night of the 2nd, so the option was to leave late or wait until my birthday for the appointment on April 17. But that would push me past some of the genetic testing times, so we are leaving late, obviously. I will be so happy when all of this testing is over and I can relax knowing that everything is okay.

I hope everyone is doing okay! Happy to see good news from those who have posted it and such cute little scans!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->