Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

No one we have told have been particularly excited either. I think it'd because we.both work full time opposite shifts, we have a 4 year old boy and 2 year old girl, we have no support,and our familiied live thoudands of miles away. Its either oh but you have 2 and one of each or do you nit think your busy enough already....then as an after thought congratulations.

My god some people are sooo INSENSITIVE! I can't believe people should be anything but happy if you want to extend you family. As long as you can love and support your children with good jobs that's what counts.

The only people I would say shouldn't have anymore are those who don't/can't work, If I couldn't afford a child there is no way I'd bring one into the world.

My family have been a little disappointing. I want to go over to the UK for a few days after the 20 weeks scan to get some clothes(hopefully will know the sex by then) my dad said no as he's going to Disney land with his step daughter the week after and doesn't want any chances of not going in case I may fall sick or some thing and prevent him from going!!

Then I told my mum I would go to see her and she's like, oh but your a bit far on it's not good for your health...so I told her to bring some things over and I will pay for her flight...she's still thinking it over....This is so upsetting for them to be like this...

Thank you ladies! I was a bit shocked by her reaction. I don't think that she would have been so open about her thoughts if she knew that we were really already pregnant, but I am not totally sure. She is always very negative because she worries about every little thing. Even things that are so unlikely to happen that just listening to her is mind boggling. To be clear: she is also one of the sweetest people I know, she just doesn't know how to relax about anything.

But her husband is super excited from what I could tell. He looked at me differently, and I had no idea why until we got in the car, lol. And OH's father was putting in his grandchild request this weekend. I was so proud of OH for keeping it in and not telling him. He looked like he was about to burst, but kept it together. The only issue that I will have with his dad is gender disappointment, but I am hoping that won't be too big of a deal. His grandfather on that side only had two boys (OH's dad and OH's uncle). OH's uncle only had two girls and OH's dad only had OH, so this is the last opportunity for a boy to carry on the name. And believe me, this is the LAST opportunity because after this baby, my babymaker is closed for business. :haha:

I don't understand why people feel the need to say negative things. They are always the same people who will be tickled pink when you put that baby in their arms. It makes me want to wait to tell anyone until I am in the hospital.

Thats a shame about his Gran Mirandha, but at least his Grandad is happy for you:)

Hi ladies, thanks for all your thoughts and prayers! It all must have worked Cruz I am home now, and me and baby are doing fine! I had a cist on my ovary that burst and a sub bleed. They have resolved and I saw baby in scan a few min ago, I'll try and post a pic, and all is perfect! Xx

Phew. I am so relieved for you. Bet you are over the moon :) only one more week til 12 weeks for you too! Xx

I don't understand why people have to say anything negative either. Can't they at least pretend to be happy and excited for you during a time that is supposed to be happy and exciting for people? It's so hypocritical too because if THEY were the ones that had something to be excited about, they would expect everyone to be excited for them. I feel lucky that everyone seems to be happy about this baby on both my side and DF's side, but this is also our first baby. Will they all be as excited when we get pregnant with #2 or possibly #3 or #4 (we're not sure how many children we want yet, but we agreed on no less than two and no more than four) though?

Welcome and congrats! I'm due on the 21st I wonder if you will beat me ;)

Thanks, congrats to you too!! I will probably have another c-section,so will probably deliver a week earlier ;) we can still be bump buddies though!! Is this your first??? I have a 16 month old dd and a 19 yr old sd. How's everyone feeling??

Welcome and congrats! I'm due on the 21st I wonder if you will beat me ;)

Thanks, congrats to you too!! I will probably have another c-section,so will probably deliver a week earlier ;) we can still be bump buddies though!! Is this your first??? I have a 16 month old dd and a 19 yr old sd. How's everyone feeling??

yes its my first and we are very excited!

ok i want one of he pumpkin babies pic. can someone tell me how to get one please!:dohh:

Hi ladies,

Sorry to hear about your families not being as excited as you are about your news. My mum was the same, although she was more worried. I've had two previous third degree tears, and she said she didn't want me peeing myself for the rest of my life lol.

I also can't stand the negative comments, 'Why do you need another, when you already have a boy and a girl?' 'how will you cope with three?'. It's no ones business if they aren't happy for you. With my DS i had the same reaction, no one was really interested. But as soon as he was born, I had family visit who had never even been to my house before lol.
My friends are being supportive, so anyone who isn't happy for us can jog on. (rant over).

How are you all feeling? Anyone have any bad sickness?

I'm struggling with quite bad sickness (never had this with first two), and really sore boobs. Hoping midwife will finally call tomorrow to get an appoint.

Anyone had their first booking-in appoint yet? I can't remember what they do.

Just tried to add the October Pumpkins picture onto my signature, and it says it's been deleted :(

I've also been suffering with pretty bad morning sickness, PaiytonsMummy. It used to be that I'd throw up once a day (sometimes twice) at night. These days though I'm throwing up at least three times a day, even while taking Zofran. It sucks, but it's a good sign that our babies are healthy and doing well in there. Hopefully we'll start feeling better in our second trimesters. :hugs:

I've had my first appointment. For mine I was asked a lot of questions about medical history and if I've been pregnant before (this is my first pregnancy). I was also given an ultrasound to make sure my baby was healthy and growing on schedule. From what I hear it's the longest appointment that any pregnant woman will ever have. I was also given some pamphlets and free samples and a pregnancy book. I also asked my OB a number of questions that were recommended to ask.

Payton s mommy I had third degree tears too and its rough..

Hi ladies,

Sorry to hear about your families not being as excited as you are about your news. My mum was the same, although she was more worried. I've had two previous third degree tears, and she said she didn't want me peeing myself for the rest of my life lol.

I also can't stand the negative comments, 'Why do you need another, when you already have a boy and a girl?' 'how will you cope with three?'. It's no ones business if they aren't happy for you. With my DS i had the same reaction, no one was really interested. But as soon as he was born, I had family visit who had never even been to my house before lol.
My friends are being supportive, so anyone who isn't happy for us can jog on. (rant over).

How are you all feeling? Anyone have any bad sickness?

I'm struggling with quite bad sickness (never had this with first two), and really sore boobs. Hoping midwife will finally call tomorrow to get an appoint.

Anyone had their first booking-in appoint yet? I can't remember what they do.

I had my booking in appointment on Monday. It took less than an hour actually. I think we blitzed through the questions quite well. It's just some blood and filling in loads of notes. Asking about your medical history, the daddy's medical history. Any conditions that run in the family. Anything that you cause you to be higher risk of HIV, TB, blood clots or diabetes. And lots of questions about previous pregnancies. Where you want to have baby. What scans and tests you want to have. But you get your bounty pack! :haha:

On my first apt we had the US first then I went back to see the doctor and he asked me a bunch of questions. After that they gave me a pap...not a big fan of those. After that he asked if I had any questions.I asked a few, but wasn't too sure what else to ask.

Kalonkiki, what questions did you ask? I would love to be more prepared with questions next time!!! lol

Thanks for jogging my memory, it seems ages ago since I was last seeing a midwife.

I'm still waiting on a call from the midwife for my appointment. They don't even think about doing early scans here unless they suspect something is wrong, so I'll be waiting until 12-14 weeks.

Kalon, I'm sorry to hear about your sickness, its horrible. I've not actually been sick this time its just nausea, which I think is worse. I'd rather just be sick and get it over with lol.

Goddess, did you have third degree tears with both? And are you worried about it happening again?
I'm terrified it will, my doctor said its likely to as well. I hope to discuss possible ways of preventing it with midwife.

Hi Paiyntonsmummy! :hi:

Welcome and congrats!

I have had 1st scan but I think my next appointment will be the official one with all the medical things taken, my last appointment at 7 weeks was just a scan.

Not feeling bad at all! No sickness or nausea, I wouldn't know I was pregnant if I hadn't taken a test! My tummy is starting to pop out now but prob just from being bloated and my bbs are bigger than normal.

I'm taking progesterone supplements so I'm guessing if I was suppose to have symptoms they would have kicked in big time after a few days taking them!

Hmmm that is strange, the link is still working when I click on it on the first page. Try again?

My 12 week scan is booked next week! I am almost there ladies! I am almost out of the first trimester!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->