Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

We'll be finding out the gender. I think we'll have another little girl. :pink:

I think it'd be fun, if Maze doesn't mind if we all had a guess and said if we think we're team pink or blue, and then put either :pink: or :blue: next to our names on the front page. Then when we find out what we're having or when we give birth we can update it and see if we were right!

Yes YES YES! WHAT A GREAT IDEA! CAN WE DO THAT?

We'll be finding out the gender. I think we'll have another little girl. :pink:

I think it'd be fun, if Maze doesn't mind if we all had a guess and said if we think we're team pink or blue, and then put either :pink: or :blue: next to our names on the front page. Then when we find out what we're having or when we give birth we can update it and see if we were right!

I was just thinking we should do that then i saw your post!!!! Good idea!!!!!!
I say :pink:

Great idea, Mama Penguin!

I'm guessing :pink:. It'll be exciting to find out how accurate the mother's instinct can really be. :D

That is a great idea! As much as I was hoping for a boy first (it was nice having older brothers to look out for me!!!) I am getting all pink vibes, so I am going to say girl.

Thank you all for the info on flying!! I think I am going to sit the Alaska trip out as I don't want to have my baby out in the middle of no where without my doctor!! I will be sad to miss it, but maybe they will go next year and our LO can come too! :happydance: The hard part is going to be thinking of an excuse of why I can't go as we have not told them we are pregnant yet. Any ideas??

As far as team yellow goes, I couldn't do it for my first!! I have a friend who is due next week with her first who is team yellow. They had her parents come with them to the gender scan and her parents know the gender. Then her parents decorated the babies whole nursery and locked the door. When they have their baby their nursery will be opened! I think that is a cute idea, but I still couldn't wait! Plus I don't think my mom could keep it from me. :haha:

I'm really wanting to stay team yellow too, with already having one of each. OH wants to know though.
So, I got my appointment date today, they have booked me in for next Wednesday :)

Goddess, i'm hoping to talk to midwife about C-Section options, they did say it was an option with my son. But i just don't know, it would feel as though i was cheating, and the thought of surgery terrifies me. Maybe if there is something that would lower the risk of tearing again. I'll have to discuss with her see what she has to say.

Nausea hasn't been too bad today, been eating light and drinking lots of water. Hope it only last until 12 weeks though, dying for a bacon butty, but the smell of grease sets me off lol.

That is a cute idea with the nursery, but I'm dying to know the gender too much and I want to be able to decorate the nursery myself. My parents are too far away to really decorate it for me anyway and I don't feel right about my parents or DF's parents decorating our baby's nursery. DF has just kind of excepted that I'm pretty much going to do what I want to with the nursery and there isn't really anything that he can do to stop me, but I'm still open to his opinions and I don't want to do anything that I know he's absolutely going to hate. It just might not be something that he absolutely loves either. :haha:

You have plenty of time to figure out what's best for you and your baby this time around, PaiytonsMummy. Explore your options, you don't have to make a decision right away. See if there is anything you can do to prevent the tears this time around and if there isn't really anything that can be done to prevent it then look into the risks and factors associated with C-sections to see if that's the route that you would be more comfortable going with. It's ultimately your decision what you do and you'll find the right answer soon enough. :hugs:

We're completely team yellow. I want the surprise once we've had baby. I'm not actually swaying one way or another at the moment. Last time I really thought it was a girl but never got the chance to find out.

Ms is definitely here. I'm another one who hates throwing up. It's got to get really bad before I'll allow myself to throw up. Silly I know as I'd probably feel better if I was sick. There's only been a few occasions where I've actually been sick so far and they were when I was driving. Not sure how much it helped then as I had to get back in the car and carry on driving. Lol.

Oddly enough I've felt less sick while driving. Maybe it's because it distracts me from the fact that I'm feeling queasy? I'm a very careful driver because I live in a city with busy roads and people don't know what a turn signal is around here, so when I drive all of my attention is on the road and my surroundings. I've felt the most sick when I get up and walk. :shrug:

I drive for work so I know the roads in my sleep. But I don't think it helps where I live. I live in a village so there are a lot of uneven back roads. All those bumps churn my stomach. I'm a lot worse if I'm a passenger though! I also get a lot of sickness when I lay down so going to bed is hell at the moment. Not quite sure if there's any way to ease that. :shrug:

That's understandable. My DF's car is terrible about bumps and I always feel sick when I ride with him in his car. The suspension in mine is a lot better, and my car is nearly twice as old as his. I usually feel best when I'm laying down in bed. It's like my stomach shuts off for the night and doesn't turn back on until I get up in the morning.

I feel best at night too! I get tired so early still. I am hoping the energy kicks in when going to the second tri. Does anyone sleep on their stomach now? Is that okay to do? I did last night and finally slept good. However when I woke up my poor boobs hurt SO bad from being squished all night! I try to sleep on my sides, but my hips start to hurt.

I tend to sleep on my sides, but I twist to sleep partially on my stomach (I like having one leg bent out in a triangle). It should be okay to sleep on your stomach for now, my OB said that you can sleep any way you want to at this point in the pregnancy. I can't remember when the cutoff is though. After the cutoff it's recommended that you sleep on your left side, but you can still sleep on your right side. Your back is supposed to be the worst to sleep on.

I'm so over this ms shit

That is all.....

I'm right there with you, Mama. We'll be done with it soon though, the second tri is right around the corner. Hang in there honey, relief has to come eventually. :hugs:

I tend to sleep on my sides, but I twist to sleep partially on my stomach (I like having one leg bent out in a triangle). It should be okay to sleep on your stomach for now, my OB said that you can sleep any way you want to at this point in the pregnancy. I can't remember when the cutoff is though. After the cutoff it's recommended that you sleep on your left side, but you can still sleep on your right side. Your back is supposed to be the worst to sleep on.

Oh dont worry hun, your body will let you know when the cut off point is!!! LOL .... it would wake me up if i rolled onto my belly (i found it was around 18 weeks it did not feel comfortable anymore)

I would like to be added to October 3.

Hello everyone,
I am new here. Due October 3, 2013. Fourth pregnancy, three previous pregnancies ended in second trimester miscarriages. Currently taking 200 mg progesterone shots and 5000 units HCG twice weekly. At week seven did 10 days IV CLINDAMYCIN and 14 days of Zithromycin. I get labs and U/S every 2 weeks. My MD is a Napro doc, first with this pregnancy, they are very preemptive with TX, which I love. I am an travel RN, but I am currently on self imposed leave for the next nine months.

FYI: With all my second trimester miscarriages, don't bother with the ER, demand to your OB, that you are going to the OB floor for treatment. Don't waste valuable time in the ER, they don't specialize in gynecologic conditions, they have a set algorithms they go by for treatment, which are ineffective, as they don't consider threatened miscarriage an emergency. You waste time in the ER, when you can get TX, that can save your pregnancy. Take it from someone who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->