Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

That's a good question. I'm honestly not sure as I'm a first time mom. I'll have to ask my mom. She never had stretch marks and she's had five babies. I can't remember what she used on her tummy though. I have stretch marks in other places, and I don't have my mother's skin unfortunately (which sucks, my mom has gorgeous skin!). I'm going to have to work really hard to make sure that I don't get stretch marks on my tummy.

From what I can gather, you either get them or you don't, apparently it's in your genes. I still want to apply some cream/oil a few times a day to help if anything is better than nothing.

I'm already seeing a little bump on me! My mother in law said it also today as soon as she saw me.

I too have some marks on my hips from where I put weight on when I was about 19. (I've lost that weight now though, thanks goodness!)

Yeah, I used to be a skinny girl and then I got on the depo shot when I was 17 and my hips, thighs, and breasts grew quite a bit in a short period of time so I have stretch marks from that. They've lightened considerably over the years though.
I'm also starting to get a little bump on me. My pants don't fit anymore! :wacko:

Lindss and junebugs- great news! I'm excited for both of you! I'm so glad everything is ok lindss!

Same here after I had the implant for contraception I put on loads! Then when I was 22 I lost 3 stone and kept it off since then, mine are just very light now too.

But I think it shows I will be getting them...huuuh what we do for our bundle of joy! hehe..

I'm wearing alot of leggings as it's still cool here and will by some summer dresses soon as it will soon be very warm here.

I know its been forever since ive updated! Sorry the pic isn't the best quality. Took it with my phone.
The appointment felt like a roller coaster! At first I'm taken back to get weighed and get a urine sample and they did a pregnancy test. And it came back super faint (she showed me the test). My heart almost dropped! So I wait for my doc to come see me. He says that at this point he should be able to feel my uterus. He felt around and felt nothing. So they ordered a hcg count. Took 3 damn pokes before they could get my blood! Then doc wanted me to have a ultrasound before i left. So I wait for the scan. They did a pelvic one instead of the transvag and thought "great, now he won't see anything". But we did! Little peanut was kicking its legs and waving its arms ♥ hb was 176. This is the only pic he gave me. But I saw tons of great shots during the ultrasound :) my due date is now the 12th instead of the 13th. And I've now lost a total of 15 lbs :?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 14
It's also very cold in the winter and very hot in the summer here. I'm looking forward to the weather getting warmer though. Roll on Spring!

I know its been forever since ive updated! Sorry the pic isn't the best quality. Took it with my phone.
The appointment felt like a roller coaster! At first I'm taken back to get weighed and get a urine sample and they did a pregnancy test. And it came back super faint (she showed me the test). My heart almost dropped! So I wait for my doc to come see me. He says that at this point he should be able to feel my uterus. He felt around and felt nothing. So they ordered a hcg count. Took 3 damn pokes before they could get my blood! Then doc wanted me to have a ultrasound before i left. So I wait for the scan. They did a pelvic one instead of the transvag and thought "great, now he won't see anything". But we did! Little peanut was kicking its legs and waving its arms hb was 176. This is the only pic he gave me. But I saw tons of great shots during the ultrasound :) my due date is now the 12th instead of the 13th. And I've now lost a total of 15 lbs :?

I'm glad that everything is going well with your pumpkin seed! The US picture looks great. :D

I never used creams on my tummy at all. I planned on it but it ended up not being a priority for me. I didnt care about getting stretch marks at all. I got some but not too bad.

Congrats to all you girls with your great scans.

Gorgeous scans junebugs and milosmummy! And I'm so glad everything's ok lindss!

Had my booking in appointment today and chose the hospital to have pumpkin in. Luckily my midwife seems nice too which is good. :)

It's good that you found a midwife that you like, Mama Fox. :D
I like my OB a lot. I'm really glad that my MIL recommended her.

My mom is a massage therapist and is very much into holistic medication and natural treatments. She told me that she used jojoba oil on her pregnant belly and started using it when she was about 6 months pregnant. It's supposed to be the closest oil to the body's natural oils. She loves the stuff and swears by it completely.

It's a good job I do like her. Here we just get allocated one (sometimes two) and if we don't get on with them it's hell trying to get another! Lol.

BIO Oil is supposed to be the best for stretch marks. I didnt like my MW when I met them the last time. I had wonderful nidwives with both previous kids but I moved and live too far away now. I am hoping that when I see them next they are better....

Hi ladies!!

Could I please be added on? EDD is 21st of oct.

So this is third baby, and was quite a shock, but we're happy nonetheless.
I love these pregnancy groups and remember being in February Lovebugs 2011. Met some lovely women in there.

Haven't seen a midwife yet, hopefully will get a call next week for a booking-in appoint.
One thing that's really bothering me at the moment is that my boobs are really sore this time round. I don't remember them ever been this tender with DD or DS, any of you the same?

Congratulation to you all BTW, H&H 9 months to us all :)

Welcome paytonsmommy.

This is my 3rd too. A lot of things are different this time around for me.

Yay for your 1st scan Junebugs!!:happydance::happydance:

Congrats! Did you see the heartbeating?

Thank you!! Yes i did, best thing ever!

Question ladies!!

How many weeks do you start using the cream on your tummy?

What type of creams are good?

:flower::flower::flower:
I started using Vitamin E at 12 weeks. I didnt get 1 stretch mark but my mom got them awful..... not sure if i was just lucky or if the cream helped

The appointment felt like a roller coaster! At first I'm taken back to get weighed and get a urine sample and they did a pregnancy test. And it came back super faint (she showed me the test). My heart almost dropped! So I wait for my doc to come see me. He says that at this point he should be able to feel my uterus. He felt around and felt nothing. So they ordered a hcg count. Took 3 damn pokes before they could get my blood! Then doc wanted me to have a ultrasound before i left. So I wait for the scan. They did a pelvic one instead of the transvag and thought "great, now he won't see anything". But we did! Little peanut was kicking its legs and waving its arms hb was 176. This is the only pic he gave me. But I saw tons of great shots during the ultrasound :) my due date is now the 12th instead of the 13th. And I've now lost a total of 15 lbs :?

I am glad everything went well in the end and you saw your baby!! :)

Hi ladies!!

I love these pregnancy groups and remember being in February Lovebugs 2011. Met some lovely women in there.

Haven't seen a midwife yet, hopefully will get a call next week for a booking-in appoint.
One thing that's really bothering me at the moment is that my boobs are really sore this time round. I don't remember them ever been this tender with DD or DS, any of you the same?

Welcome! :wave:

Hi ladies!!

Yay congrats! We have the same due date! I'm excited to have another bump buddie.

Hi ladies, thanks for all your thoughts and prayers! It all must have worked Cruz I am home now, and me and baby are doing fine! I had a cist on my ovary that burst and a sub bleed. They have resolved and I saw baby in scan a few min ago, I'll try and post a pic, and all is perfect! Xx

I am so happy for you Lindss!!! :happydance:

Hello all! I hope that everyone is doing well! I need to catch up from going out of town this past weekend.

We went to OH's grandmother's house to see her because she was just diagnosed with cancer and to firm up all of the details for the wedding (Less than 26 days to go! :happydance: ). I was certain that we would not get through the weekend without the entire family knowing that we are expecting, between my being sick and OH's inability to contain himself.

While we were at the party store, OH grabbed a balloon that said "It's a Boy!" and shoved it as his grandma (playfully, not mean) and yelled "It's a boy!" and she says "Oh, GOD!! I hope not!! I hope that you two never have any more than the ones you already have." We have none together, and only planned on this one, but I was just shocked stoned still in the middle of the store. Of all the people, I really thought she would be rooting for us when it came to this baby, so that was a little disappointing. OH just smiled at me and said she is like that about everything. Her husband was a little disappointed by her attitude too and wanted to know why, which she happily told us all of the reasons she felt this way. Ugh!! Not what I wanted to hear.

We managed to make it the whole weekend, with me puking in secret without anyone finding out...until we were packing the car to leave. I had gone into the mall and bought a belly band from Motherhood and stashed the bag in the trunk without telling OH. :dohh: When OH's grandfather was helping pack the car he saw the bag and picked it up. They didn't say anything to each other and only exchanged smiles, but clearly, he knows. Now we are just waiting to see if he keeps the secret or spills the beans. So far, so good!

Now to go catch up on everyone's news for the last couple days.

I'm sorry that OH's grandma didn't give you the reaction you'd hoped for. My mom gave me a less than satisfactory response when I told her too, but she's starting to come around. Maybe when you actually tell everyone the news she'll come around. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->