Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

This is my first pregnancy, so I've never had a CVS. I don't plan to get one either because I am still in my early 20's and I have a very low risk pregnancy and there are no known defects on my side or DF's. A CVS is the better option than an amnio from what I hear. Apparently an amnio poses a higher risk to the baby than a CVS does. I think that a CVS should be fine, and it might be a wise decision in your case. If you're worried about your age or Edward's on your OH's side then a CVS is certainly not a bad idea. If nothing else it will give you the peace of mind that you need and deserve. I'll be hoping for good news and a successful CVS for you. :hugs:

I am actually more worried about the Edwards on OH's side. He was only 20 when his son died. And they are also concerned that my father had a baby that died of Spina bifida. I have no idea if this test will let me know anything about that. I have MTHFR and don't process folates properly, but have been taking tons of folic acid since before we got pregnant. I have had three healthy children and I suppose I should be worried about my age, but the things that have already happened are what is worrying me and the test itself is really scary. I figure the CVS is best as well, and sooner. I am also (selfishly, I know) wondering how this is going to impact our wedding, which we have been planning for months and months. It is 3 days later.

Thank you!! I just hope we are doing the right thing. :hugs:

This is my first pregnancy, so I've never had a CVS. I don't plan to get one either because I am still in my early 20's and I have a very low risk pregnancy and there are no known defects on my side or DF's. A CVS is the better option than an amnio from what I hear. Apparently an amnio poses a higher risk to the baby than a CVS does. I think that a CVS should be fine, and it might be a wise decision in your case. If you're worried about your age or Edward's on your OH's side then a CVS is certainly not a bad idea. If nothing else it will give you the peace of mind that you need and deserve. I'll be hoping for good news and a successful CVS for you. :hugs:

I am actually more worried about the Edwards on OH's side. He was only 20 when his son died. And they are also concerned that my father had a baby that died of Spina bifida. I have no idea if this test will let me know anything about that. I have MTHFR and don't process folates properly, but have been taking tons of folic acid since before we got pregnant. I have had three healthy children and I suppose I should be worried about my age, but the things that have already happened are what is worrying me and the test itself is really scary. I figure the CVS is best as well, and sooner. I am also (selfishly, I know) wondering how this is going to impact our wedding, which we have been planning for months and months. It is 3 days later.

Did you doctor offer you a Nuchal translucency scan? It is a non-invasive blood test and ultrasound that looks for chromosomal abnormalities. My doctor recommends having one. If those results come out as a high risk for chromosomal issues she recommends a CVS or amnio. I am also a high risk patient, I know how scary it is. Good luck!

Did you doctor offer you a Nuchal translucency scan? It is a non-invasive blood test and ultrasound that looks for chromosomal abnormalities. My doctor recommends having one. If those results come out as a high risk for chromosomal issues she recommends a CVS or amnio. I am also a high risk patient, I know how scary it is. Good luck!

I believe the way they have set the appointment up is that I go for my ultrasound first and then have the CVS done after, so I believe they are taking the measurements first and then we can decide. She really recommended we have it done because of the history and the fact that I am 37. But it is a super tight schedule because when we leave the appointment, we are also leaving the state for SC to go set up for our wedding. OH is from SC and we are getting married down there. We will be gone for two weeks, because we are going down there to set up first, get married on the 6th and then leave for our honeymoon. When we get back, I will be about 14 weeks, so I think they are trying to get it done before we go, so that it isn't too late when we get back and get in for an appointment. I honestly don't know what to expect. I didn't think that it was something that we would have to do immediately, but it took them until this week to even get me in for my first appointment. And thank you! I hope all is well with you and your little bean too!

I will be having the NT scan and I almost 39. I have never routinely been offered CVS or Amnio unless the results come back high risk. I had 1:350 chance with first pregnany but opted not to do further testing. I am considering not doing the NT or the SIPS blood work. Not entirely sure though.

I'm also having an NT scan, but that's just because I want to see my bean moving on the screen. :blush:
I don't really need an NT, and at first I opted out for it but then later decided that it would be nice to have one simply so that I could get a better ultrasound picture of my pumpkin and it would be nice to actually hear the heartbeat this time instead of just seeing it.

My mom had her first baby (me!) at age 18 and had her last baby at age 37. You probably won't have anything to worry about due to your age, especially if all three of your other babies are healthy. If there is even a slight chance of Edward's or Spina bifida then a NT and CVS could be very beneficial. I know what it's like to be worried about wedding plans, haha. My DF and I had been planning our wedding for months, the dress is paid for and the deposit was down on the venue and everything was falling into place perfectly. Then we found out that we were pregnant (we were supposed to get married in September) and we had to change our wedding plans. We're thinking we might get married in June this year (a small, private wedding) and then have the big ceremony with friends and family next June.

Hi girls
I can officially join today as I had my first scan and my EDD is October 9th! Yay!!!! I belong lol! It's been horrible not knowing how far along I was! But I was only two days out from what I thought going by ovulation!

Would you mind moving my name on the due date list in the first page I think I'm down for the 11th at the mo!
Cheers!

Hi momma!
Congrats on scan :)
So, me and DD have had a lovely mother daughter day, while OH is off work. We went shopping, made birthday cards for my cousin, and visited my mum. Love having girly time, and I feel lots better today.

I don't plan on having any test done this time again, the risks always worry me.

Anyone have any scan pictures to share with us?

I'm still wondering if they'll have me come in for an "extra" 12 week appointment since my next one is when I'm 10 weeks. Hopefully they do!

We have names!!! We finally decided on Marin Harper L. or Kellen Michael L. :) yay!!!

Hope everyone is doing well today! :)

:wave: Hope everyone is well.

I went for another scan today privately. Some of you *may* remember me saying about the last person who scanned me finding a bleed next to the gestational sac, but wrote that they couldnt see anything in it but today, as soon as she placed the probe on my lower tummy area you could see baby with it's heart beating away but she also noticed the black "bleed" patch straight away. I hadnt even mentioned it at this point. As soon as she started looking around it we could both see straight away that there was a grey/white area inside the black bleed and my first thought was "crap! they missed it, im having two!" but there wasn't a second heartbeat.

I told her they'd found a bleed last time and she measured it and I took my notes with the size the last person said that it was, and said it hasnt grown much/any since. But the last person wrote they didnt see any echoes inside. She said she could clearly see something inside of it, and I could too.

So she said it's either a bleed with a clot or something inside it or my pregnancy could well have started as a twin pregnancy and I lost one very early Im so sad right now as I kind of feel like this was a twin pregnancy. But who knows. The "thing" inside the black area looked so much like a tiny little bean. I dont really know how to feel about it, it could actually just be a bleed still :shrug:

At least there's a little baby okay in there with a nice heartbeat <3

First is baby measuring bang on, the others are of the "bleed" and what you can see inside it.

Attachments

• TC_4.jpg
    TC_4.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 8
  • vlcsnap-2013-03-15-18h51m09s6.jpg
    vlcsnap-2013-03-15-18h51m09s6.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 9
  • vlcsnap-2013-03-15-18h51m50s129.jpg
    vlcsnap-2013-03-15-18h51m50s129.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 8
  • vlcsnap-2013-03-15-18h55m25s27.jpg
    vlcsnap-2013-03-15-18h55m25s27.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 7
SisterRose, I am excited your little bean is doing well! I am sorry about the bleed, and I hope it was not a twin. Just focus on the wonderful healthy bean you have growing! Since your last scan didn't say twin, I would think that is it just a bleed. But I am by no means an expert!!

Girls... Um what is an NT scan? I could see my babies HB on a normal scan, so I guess at 12 weeks if its moving I will See it? Or not?

Sisterrose, good news on the scan. Hopefully just a little bleed, so glad to see ur little bean is happy. Try to focus on the positive xx

Girls... Um what is an NT scan? I could see my babies HB on a normal scan, so I guess at 12 weeks if its moving I will See it? Or not?

Sisterrose, good news on the scan. Hopefully just a little bleed, so glad to see ur little bean is happy. Try to focus on the positive xx

From what I understand, it is where they measure the nuchal fold (clear sspace at the back of baby's neck) and combine that with blood tests and then tell you your risk for Downs and Edwards Syndromes. Possibly a few other things. I think heart defects. Not sure. And then you can decide if you want further testing.

:wave: Hope everyone is well.

I went for another scan today privately. Some of you *may* remember me saying about the last person who scanned me finding a bleed next to the gestational sac, but wrote that they couldnt see anything in it but today, as soon as she placed the probe on my lower tummy area you could see baby with it's heart beating away but she also noticed the black "bleed" patch straight away. I hadnt even mentioned it at this point. As soon as she started looking around it we could both see straight away that there was a grey/white area inside the black bleed and my first thought was "crap! they missed it, im having two!" but there wasn't a second heartbeat.

I told her they'd found a bleed last time and she measured it and I took my notes with the size the last person said that it was, and said it hasnt grown much/any since. But the last person wrote they didnt see any echoes inside. She said she could clearly see something inside of it, and I could too.

So she said it's either a bleed with a clot or something inside it or my pregnancy could well have started as a twin pregnancy and I lost one very early Im so sad right now as I kind of feel like this was a twin pregnancy. But who knows. The "thing" inside the black area looked so much like a tiny little bean. I dont really know how to feel about it, it could actually just be a bleed still :shrug:

At least there's a little baby okay in there with a nice heartbeat <3

First is baby measuring bang on, the others are of the "bleed" and what you can see inside it.

I'm sorry they have you so upset. I think that I would tell myself that it was not a twin and just try to focus on the little one that is doing well and not stress if you can help it. I know this is easier said than done, but it does neither you or baby any good to stress if there is nothing that can be done about the "bleed." :hugs:

:hi:
Sorry I've been so quiet lately! I have been crazy busy and havent had a chance to get on BnB as much as I would like to! I'm still here though :hugs:

Sister rose- I'm sure it was just a healthy bleed hun, not a twin or anything to worry about. I understand your "what if" thoughts and that has got to be hard but keep in mind that there is an amazing miracle growing inside of you , healthy as can be and that bean needs mommy to be happy and strong for their little growth process :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hug: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Miranda- When is your wedding? How far along will you be? We are getting married July 20th and I THOUGHT I was going to be 5 months but low and behold ( I figured out the other day) I will actually be six, YIKES!!!!!! "We are in this part together girly :hugs: "

Girlnboots- YAY ON NAMES!!!! HOW EXCITING!!!:pink::blue: I always love unique names!

CIM- Well..... just started feeling those lovely "vag shocks" must be normal :flower:

sorry for long post

AFM:
:help:
Soooooo OH and I dtd last night and these progesterone suppositories dry me up ( they said they would... blah) so when OH was finished he noticed some chafing on his "member". I went pee shortly after and there was light spotting in my panty liner. I got so scared I didn't know if it was me or from him because he said he had a little bleeding but unfortunately I never got to see it on him. (TMI alert) I'm really bloated right now and OH has a little buddah belly.... he was on top and his belly was pushing into my belly and I had to stop a couple times to catch my breath because our stomachs were pushing into each other so much. Then with the spotting after I was thinking" OH NO could that pushing on my belly have started a MC, or am I reading to much into this)? EEK I don't know what to think, and of cource it's Saturday so I cant call my doctor . Also, Oh wont go down on me anymore , since I started the suppositories it grosses him out, but I always "clean up" first. It's not fair, he gets his cookie but I don't get mine UGH!!!

Sister rose- I'm sure it was just a healthy bleed hun, not a twin or anything to worry about. I understand your "what if" thoughts and that has got to be hard but keep in mind that there is an amazing miracle growing inside of you , healthy as can be and that bean needs mommy to be happy and strong for their little growth process :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hug: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Miranda- When is your wedding? How far along will you be? We are getting married July 20th and I THOUGHT I was going to be 5 months but low and behold ( I figured out the other day) I will actually be six, YIKES!!!!!! "We are in this part together girly :hugs: "

Girlnboots- YAY ON NAMES!!!! HOW EXCITING!!!:pink::blue: I always love unique names!

CIM- Well..... just started feeling those lovely "vag shocks" must be normal :flower:

sorry for long post

AFM:
:help:
Soooooo OH and I dtd last night and these progesterone suppositories dry me up ( they said they would... blah) so when OH was finished he noticed some chafing on his "member". I went pee shortly after and there was light spotting in my panty liner. I got so scared I didn't know if it was me or from him because he said he had a little bleeding but unfortunately I never got to see it on him. (TMI alert) I'm really bloated right now and OH has a little buddah belly.... he was on top and his belly was pushing into my belly and I had to stop a couple times to catch my breath because our stomachs were pushing into each other so much. Then with the spotting after I was thinking" OH NO could that pushing on my belly have started a MC, or am I reading to much into this)? EEK I don't know what to think, and of cource it's Saturday so I cant call my doctor . Also, Oh wont go down on me anymore , since I started the suppositories it grosses him out, but I always "clean up" first. It's not fair, he gets his cookie but I don't get mine UGH!!!

We are getting married in 3 weeks!!! April 6th and I will be 12 + 1. We have been planning this wedding for ages, and I really didn't think that we would get pregnant when we did because we both had very busy schedules. I expected it to be a month later at the earliest, but things worked out a little faster than expected. I am just glad that I will only be 12 weeks because we are not telling anyone just yet. He has told some people he works with and his grandfather found out accidentally, but no one else knows, including my mother. She is going to have his head on a plate, lol.

I believe the way they have set the appointment up is that I go for my ultrasound first and then have the CVS done after, so I believe they are taking the measurements first and then we can decide. She really recommended we have it done because of the history and the fact that I am 37. But it is a super tight schedule because when we leave the appointment, we are also leaving the state for SC to go set up for our wedding. OH is from SC and we are getting married down there. We will be gone for two weeks, because we are going down there to set up first, get married on the 6th and then leave for our honeymoon. When we get back, I will be about 14 weeks, so I think they are trying to get it done before we go, so that it isn't too late when we get back and get in for an appointment. I honestly don't know what to expect. I didn't think that it was something that we would have to do immediately, but it took them until this week to even get me in for my first appointment. And thank you! I hope all is well with you and your little bean too!

Congrats on the wedding!! I can see how the time crunch is making scheduling all the tests difficult. These tests are so specific on when you can do them- it is limiting. At least you will know early on, so you can relax the rest of the pregnancy when you get those great results :)

3 weeks, how exciting!!!! yay CONGRATULATIONS!! I'll be huge for mine lol lol :rofl:

I'll be pretty big for mine too. We were supposed to get married in September, but we're having a small, private wedding in June instead. I hope that all of our wedding plans will work out okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->