Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

Yes! Tell us about your dopplers! I'm ordering one Thursday. The only ones I know about are angelsounds and sonoline b. What's the difference and which one's better? I'll be only be 12 weeks when it gets here, so I want the best one!

Junebugs!!I bought a doppler on saturday too!!! I couldn't find anything until sunday morning! I was like wow!! I tried again this morning but couldn't find it again....just tried now and heard it loud and clear...like a train! he he so exciting!! ( I only want to use it cause of no symptoms, it's comforting)

Down point though i.....s DH thinks it a really bad idea to use it and saw one bad review so we ended up having a massive row last night :cry:

Oh hun, im sorry you got into a fight over it. Honestly i did ALOT of research on using it when i was pregnant with my first because i DH was worried about it aswell. My BF works as a nurse at a renown Children's hospital (one of the best in the world.) He went to alot of conferences on ultrasound and Doppler use during pregnancy. Using a doppler is completely safe, but like everything you want to use it in moderation and i wouldnt use it more then 10 mins at a time. I used it on my son almost every day up until about 12 weeks, then i used it once a week until about 18 weeks and he is completely fine. Studies have shown thou that 3D ultrasound can be hard on the babies ears because it uses such a high frequency. I do believe this to be true because I had one done and my son seemed to be VERY bothered by it. But one time it not going to do any damage, just dont go getting one everyday ;) LOL

:wave:
Love seeing all of the scan pictures, looking forward to seeing more. It's exciting that so many people are at the end of their first trimester now :thumbup:

Yay for those who've found baby on the doppler. I've tried with my angelsounds doppler a few times but can't find anything. :(
The stomach pain has finally calmed down a bit now and it's not as bad, although all my symptoms have vanished with it! I was having very sore breasts and nausea. Stomach pain came, went and so did they.
I had a horrible nightmare last night, I dreampt that I went in for a scan and the baby didnt have a heartbeat, they told me it'd stopped growing at 8weeks 4days(last scan was 8w 1d) I remember just being heart broken it was awful :cry:
I woke up and tried to find the heartbeat with the doppler right away, I just wanted to hear SOMETHING after that and the horrible few weeks I've had but nothing yet. I've just ordered a sonoline b doppler for next day delivery and hoping I'll have more luck with that.

To the ladies who have heard something on their dopplers, what brand doppler are you using and are you slim? Sorry to be rude! I'm about a size 14-16 so I'm not a petite lady which doesn't help.

I have the Sonotrax. I was more expensive but is a bit better quality, i have not had a problem with it and have found both my babies HB at 9 weeks. Are you using alot of Ultrasound gel when doing it? It makes a big difference i found. Also i would Youtube videos of it being done and MOVE SLOW, you can miss it VERY easily if you're moving to fast.

Oh Also try and have a full bladder! That will bring your uterus up!! :) I also put a pillow under my bump.

Yes! Tell us about your dopplers! I'm ordering one Thursday. The only ones I know about are angelsounds and sonoline b. What's the difference and which one's better? I'll be only be 12 weeks when it gets here, so I want the best one!

The research i have done Sonoline B I think is the better one. But at 12 weeks i think youll have no problem with either of them :)

Thanks Junenugs..DH is a sensitive creature at heart and he can't bear to use something that may harm our child or cause us any distress by not hearing the HB. I think like you said in moderation is OK but more than needed is too much, so yes restricting use is needed to be on the safe side. :thumbup: I think i'm done using it now for a while as I have my scan tomorrow to give me the reassurance that I need. Having NO symptoms, is so stressful! :dohh:

As for brand, I have the angel sounds doppler. It wasn't easy to find the HB as still bub is low down, even with a full bladder. I find it helps 1st thing in the morning with nothing in your tummy. Defo use youtube for a tutorial as it's amazing how many places you hear you own HB and arteries flowing! But as soon as you find bubs HB you just know, mine is like a little steam train chugging along! :thumbup::baby::cloud9:

I think I'll wait until tomorrow when my new doppler comes to try again! I just think that the stick probe looks like it'll be easier to position properly in one place and direct.
I'm okay with knowing which is babys heartbeat and which my own because I spent a while figuring it all out last time! took me a while. I kept hearing my own heartbeat for a while and thinking it was baby :haha:

This is a clip from my DD's heartbeat with the angelsounds doppler at 19weeks, still makes me feel amazing :cloud9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvPNR70eGB8

Hi all, and congratulations!

Was wondering if I could join? My due date is Oct. 30th!

Feeling very excited and nervous at the same time as I have had a prior early loss (5 weeks), but feeling really positive about everything.

My OB is awesome and has given me 2 ultrasounds already, last one was on Friday and me and DH got to hear the heartbeat. It was 168 bpm which my Dr. said was excellent. :cloud9:

Thanks Junenugs..DH is a sensitive creature at heart and he can't bear to use something that may harm our child or cause us any distress by not hearing the HB. I think like you said in moderation is OK but more than needed is too much, so yes restricting use is needed to be on the safe side. :thumbup: I think i'm done using it now for a while as I have my scan tomorrow to give me the reassurance that I need. Having NO symptoms, is so stressful! :dohh:

As for brand, I have the angel sounds doppler. It wasn't easy to find the HB as still bub is low down, even with a full bladder. I find it helps 1st thing in the morning with nothing in your tummy. Defo use youtube for a tutorial as it's amazing how many places you hear you own HB and arteries flowing! But as soon as you find bubs HB you just know, mine is like a little steam train chugging along! :thumbup::baby::cloud9:

My husband is the same way. I am really tempted to buy a doppler (I swore I would not, haha) because I am 12 weeks with hardly any symtoms. We are announcing to our families this weekend and I am so worried that something will happen. I perviously had a mmc. My husband is worried that the doppler will harm the baby and he is worried that it will cause unnecessary stress on me. I want to use in during the long waits in between appointments, but he is not convinced :(

Feeling very excited and nervous at the same time as I have had a prior early loss (5 weeks), but feeling really positive about everything.

My OB is awesome and has given me 2 ultrasounds already, last one was on Friday and me and DH got to hear the heartbeat. It was 168 bpm which my Dr. said was excellent. :cloud9:

Welcome and congrats!!

My husband is the same way. I am really tempted to buy a doppler (I swore I would not, haha) because I am 12 weeks with hardly any symtoms. We are announcing to our families this weekend and I am so worried that something will happen. I perviously had a mmc. My husband is worried that the doppler will harm the baby and he is worried that it will cause unnecessary stress on me. I want to use in during the long waits in between appointments, but he is not convinced :(

It's difficult cause Dh doesn't understand that it gives me peace of mind for him it just causes worry. For me if one day I don't find the hb I won't freak out too much but Dh will so he's against it. I promised last nite I wouldnt use it again...but I did :blush: I told him though...he wasn't impressed...whoops!

Welcome :hi:

I too had a loss at 5 weeks and caught straight away on the next cycle with this little bub. Sounds like all is going well for you x

Welcome :hi:

I too had a loss at 5 weeks and caught straight away on the next cycle with this little bub. Sounds like all is going well for you x

Thank you Lady1985, looks like your a few weeks ahead of me. Sorry to hear about your loss :hugs:
Everything is going really well right now, had a little scare the other day with some light beige spotting, but we had DTD the night before, and the spotting is now gone, but I did get a little scared.
Seems like everything is going really well for you too!
Have you had an ultrasound/scan as of yet?

Quite a few ladies have had spotting after dtd. Count yourself lucky my Dh is scared to do the deed lol.

I had a scan at 7 weeks and saw a little blob with a heart beat! Now going for my dating scan tomorrow, can't wait but I'm nervous too. I've not had many symptoms so its been a long nerve racking wait! Did you have a scan yet?

@ Lady1985

That is exciting, let me know how your scan goes :hugs:

I have had 2 scans one at 6 weeks (tiny, tiny embryo at 3mm) and just had another one at 8 weeks 2 days (this time 17mm, big growth spurt!) We heard the heartbeat, which was amazing at 168 beats per minute.

I can understand that it would be a bit stressful to not have any symptoms. Asm I have had everything, but each one hasn't been too bad, except now I'm getting this annoying headaches for about a week now. I'm on progesterone pills so not sure if its that or just a pregnancy symptom. My doctor said headaches are very common in first tri, but yuck! My nausea has subsided (knock on wood) hope it does not come back.

I have a Nuchal screening in about 3 and half weeks so that will be neat to see how much baby has developed.

i was wondering if the dopplers tell you the BPM? or do you just figure it out on your own?

Welcome and congrats, babyluv2012! :wave: :flower:

Really glad to hear that everyone is doing well so far. For those that also have bad MS, hang in there! We're so close to the second trimester, hopefully we'll feel relief then. My OBGYN recommended taking 2 Flintstone vitamins a day instead of prenatals for MS. She also prescribed me some kind of tums (the name starts with an "M", but I can't remember it). My scan went very well today and Baby Otter is looking good and healthy. The heart rate was 165 and the baby was moving and kicking on the screen like crazy for the second half of the US. :cloud9:
I'll post my US pics later.

Quite a few ladies have had spotting after dtd. Count yourself lucky my Dh is scared to do the deed lol.

I had a scan at 7 weeks and saw a little blob with a heart beat! Now going for my dating scan tomorrow, can't wait but I'm nervous too. I've not had many symptoms so its been a long nerve racking wait! Did you have a scan yet?

So is mine!! On the very rare occasion that we do anything, it is super quick and somewhat awkward because he is being so careful. It is the only annoying thing about him right now. I am so glad we are going to the doctor's together the day before we leave for the wedding, or it would be one long and somewhat disappointing honeymoon. :blush:

My appointment is tomorrow at 2pm and I'm nervous!!!

KalonKiki, congrats on the great scan!! Isn't it exciting to see how much the baby changes in just a few weeks.

Hotbump, thinking of you for tomorrow's appointment! I hope you get a scan.

i was wondering if the dopplers tell you the BPM? or do you just figure it out on your own?

Some do and some don't. I've just ordered the sonoline b which does but I'm not sure about the angel sounds dopplers.

Congrats on the scan kalonkiki, can't wait to see pics!!

Good luck for your scan today lady, and good luck for your appointment hotbump!

@ Lady1985

That is exciting, let me know how your scan goes :hugs:

I have had 2 scans one at 6 weeks (tiny, tiny embryo at 3mm) and just had another one at 8 weeks 2 days (this time 17mm, big growth spurt!) We heard the heartbeat, which was amazing at 168 beats per minute.

I can understand that it would be a bit stressful to not have any symptoms. Asm I have had everything, but each one hasn't been too bad, except now I'm getting this annoying headaches for about a week now. I'm on progesterone pills so not sure if its that or just a pregnancy symptom. My doctor said headaches are very common in first tri, but yuck! My nausea has subsided (knock on wood) hope it does not come back.

I have a Nuchal screening in about 3 and half weeks so that will be neat to see how much baby has developed.

Thanks hun! Yes without symptoms I'm just not feeling pregnant, lol. I am taking progesterone too, but still no side effects, it's crazy I though I def would have with these too but NO..nothing!

I've only had 1 scan so far at 7 weeks bub was 9mm aaaahhh! so cute! lol

Sonoline does, Angelsounds doesn't but you can work it out x

Welcome and congrats, babyluv2012! :wave: :flower:

Really glad to hear that everyone is doing well so far. For those that also have bad MS, hang in there! We're so close to the second trimester, hopefully we'll feel relief then. My OBGYN recommended taking 2 Flintstone vitamins a day instead of prenatals for MS. She also prescribed me some kind of tums (the name starts with an "M", but I can't remember it). My scan went very well today and Baby Otter is looking good and healthy. The heart rate was 165 and the baby was moving and kicking on the screen like crazy for the second half of the US. :cloud9:
I'll post my US pics later.

Yey for baby otter! :thumbup::baby: So glad all went well for you hun, it brings so much relief knowing all is going well. Like you said, soon out of the 12ww :haha:

So is mine!! On the very rare occasion that we do anything, it is super quick and somewhat awkward because he is being so careful. It is the only annoying thing about him right now. I am so glad we are going to the doctor's together the day before we leave for the wedding, or it would be one long and somewhat disappointing honeymoon. :blush:

Ah i'm not the only one! yes very awkward! We have DTD 1 time since we found out we were preg, I keep hinting but he's not getting it!:haha::blush: When at the docs today I will be asking so DH is aware that it is OK :thumbup:

My appointment is tomorrow at 2pm and I'm nervous!!!

Goodluck....mine is at 3pm today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->