Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

I am so very sorry Mrs. Broody. 14 weeks can be so devastating when it comes to miscarriage. I know perhaps there is some comfort for being given a reason as to why this happened, but the loss I imagine is still the same. I will be thinking of you and your angel baby girl today.

That's so sad mrs broody pants. Thinking of you and sending lots of love xxxxx

How's the scan gone sis rose? Sorry but no matter what anyone says i can't be team yellow, too impatient! Had midwife appt yesterday, went v well. Baby healthy and growing and a good strong, fast! heartbeat!! Thinking maybe a girl now as 150 fhhr xx

Hi.
Sorry to butt in but im on the list on the front page and will need my name removing as i just lost my baby at 14 weeks. It was a little girl and she has triploidy which is 69 chromosomes, a whole extra set! This happens when an egg is fertilized by two sperm. It is not compatible with life. I wish u all healthy happy pregnancies. Good luck ladies
Xxx

Im so sorry for you loss :( You and your little girl will be in my thoughts

As for team yellow, with my first there was NO WAY i could have been team yellow! The funny thing is in the end, my nursery and most of the clothes i got was very gender neutral because i wanted to make sure i could use it again incase we had a girl.

I wasnt to sure it i could do it this time but now after the 12 week scan i know its what i really want. Like PTR said i just need to get through the 20 week scan and i am good!

Mrsbroodypant...so so sorry....words can't even express how sad I am for you. Sending prayers your way.Xx

Sorry to change the subject, but I'm about to burst with preggo-excitement! Might be a little tmi, but hey, everyone says modesty goes out the window when you're pregnant.

I noticed my nipples have felt dry, itchy, and sore the past few days, but tonight, before my shower, they were super crusty. I gave one of the girls a light squeeze, and behold! I am officially producing colostrum. How disgustingly neat! This is way more welcome that those weird linea nigras.

:haha: I never leaked during my first pregnancy but I know I definitely had colostrum at the end of my pregnancy because I checked and saw milk coming out. it sorta freaked me out because it made it all even more real for me. Congrats!

Hi everyone! I have my scan today and im feeling the nerves now. hoping everything is okay im there and the heamatoma is finally gone!

I am sure everything will be awesome at your u/s! Good luck! Definitely update us as soon as possible!

Hi.
Sorry to butt in but im on the list on the front page and will need my name removing as i just lost my baby at 14 weeks. It was a little girl and she has triploidy which is 69 chromosomes, a whole extra set! This happens when an egg is fertilized by two sperm. It is not compatible with life. I wish u all healthy happy pregnancies. Good luck ladies
Xxx

I am so sorry for your loss. :sad1:

As for team yellow, with my first there was NO WAY i could have been team yellow! The funny thing is in the end, my nursery and most of the clothes i got was very gender neutral because i wanted to make sure i could use it again incase we had a girl.

I wasnt to sure it i could do it this time but now after the 12 week scan i know its what i really want. Like PTR said i just need to get through the 20 week scan and i am good!

:haha: yeah, it is super HARD. i won't lie, i totally scoped out the potty shot when the ultrasound guy was measuring the femurs but I couldn't figure out for sure if it was a girl or a boy. this time I know better so I probably would figure it out by looking at the u/s :blush: I haven't decided if I will find out or not yet..... Decisions, decisions!

I was going to ask you that PTR if you looked at the potty shot.. i really wish i didnt look at the 12 week scan but i have been reading at 12 weeks alot of the time they look the same, but i have also read alot of people getting the right gender told to them at 12 weeks.... so confusing!
I looked at my 20 ultrasound, the tech wouldnt tell me if it was a boy or girl because she wanted the dr. to say but i could tell without a doubt it was a boy!

Goddess25- Did you look at all in any of your ultrasounds?

I wouldn't put my bets on the 12 weeks ultrasound... at 12 weeks they look like a girl because that's how they always start out as: a girl. the penis and scrotum doesn't develop until 14-16 weeks approximately.

I remember scoping out the potty shot but still having no idea what gender I was having... after the 20 weeks scan i obsessed over trying to remember what it looked like in my mind (I didn't get a picture of the potty shot, that would have been too easy to take home and put online to get gender votes)... But I googled gender shots and I just got even more confused :haha:

Here's scan pic from 13+1 today. Do we think :pink: or :blue: vibes?

547476_10200474961589410_1089776141_n.jpg

MrsBroodyPant-I am so sorry for the loss of your baby girl :hugs:

Hi Girls,

Had the scan today and baby had grown a week in a week, but is still measuring a week behind. NT scan looked fine, but with my Papp A being 0.231 MOM and my Free B-HCG being 0.328 MOM, it means we have been classified high risk.

My risks are 1 in 70 for Down Syndrome, 1 in 69 for Patau and 1 in 17 for Edwards. We go for verifi prenatal testing on Monday (am cancelling the igenescreen) as verifi also tests for XXX, XYY, X and other sex chromosome issues and has my husband has XYY syndrome, it will best to get those syndromes also tested as well as trisomy 21, 18 and 13. It also will tell us the baby's gender.

The ultrasound Dr was horrid - he was very doom and gloom but then said he had 2 women who had a 1 in 2 chance and both were fine. I said my risks were not as high as that but he made out that even if the verifi was clear, that I should still have an amnio as there must be a genetic issue due to my bloods. I was like "What if the amnio is clear" and he said ''Well you would need to see a genetic counsellor". He then told me that nature was marvelous thing and corrected lifes mistakes - meaning MC. Sheesh - I didn't need to hear that.

Anyway, we have decided to still announce as I don't want to be miserable for 2-4 weeks whilst we get all this investigated and not share with family and friends. They love us and care about us and we have made it clear (on facebook) that we require thoughts and prayers whilst we go through the next month.

Anyway, that's the results.... I feel a bit flat. Hubby worked out what 1 in 17 is percentage based and we have a 94.11% for Edwards (which scares me most out of the 3) of the baby being fine. We just need to think positively and deal with whatever comes our way (if it comes our way).

When I went round my Dads and Step Mum's to explain and announced to the family there that didn't know, she had bought me a huuuuge gift bag full of baby stuff. I loved it all and thanked her, but asked her to keep it at her place. I just need to get past this genetic stuff and then maybe I can start feeling joy etc but right now, I am scared. :(

SisterRose: no clue... But I will guess a boy.

Dream: wow that's just awful. Your dr sounds like a jerkwad. A MC? Whatever. I had to look up what Edwards was as I'm not familiar with that one and that is so sad. I can completely understand why you would be terrified. Your dr sounds so set that something *has* to be wrong with your baby even if the NT scan looks fine though, why is that? I am praying that your baby will come out perfect and normal. :hugs:

Mrs broody pants I am so very sorry to hear that. Thinking of you.

Sister rose I guess boy

Junebugs I made it clear at ultrasounds that I didnt want to know. When the sonographer looks at those bits I have not been looking just incase.

MrsBroodyPants - I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you. {hugs}

MrsBroodyPants - I am so sorry for your loss. :hugs:

Dream - Your doctor sounds like an asshat. I am very frustrated by what you are being told. I am at the best high risk office in my state with a very good team of doctors taking care of us. I am high risk for a lot of reasons, including my age and previous history. My main concern was Edwards, because my husband and his ex had a baby with Edwards nearly 10 years ago. We are (or I guess were, now. Not sure) being looked after by the genetics counselor who told us that Edwards is not something that is prone to happen by one parent or the other. It is completely spontaneous and not something that is more likely to happen because it happened in the past. They were not the least bit concerned about Edwards and told us that the Verifi test would tell us a yes or no with more than 98% accuracy. They were concerned about Downs with my age, and the Verifi tell you a yes or no with 99.1% accuracy on that. We were lucky and got good results and they no longer are concerned about that at all. I am still high risk, but for other reasons, not related to baby.

We were told that because Verifi came back negative on all chromosomal abnormalities that there was very little chance (but some) that all was not well and we were told that further testing was unnecessary. I really hope that everything turns out okay. I will be thinking about you. They told us that the results took 14 days, but we had my blood drawn on Wed, 4/3 and the doctor's office had our results on Monday morning (4/15).

Thank u ladies.

xxDreamxx - i had a fine NT measurement and the scans looked ok. It was my very low papp-a and HCG that made me have a CVS.
I hope you baby is healthy and wish u the very best of luck xxx

MrsBroodyPant - I'm so sorry for the loss of your baby girl, dear. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and I hope the best for your future. :hugs:

Dream: I'm sorry that you're going through this right now. I hope that everything turns out okay, and as seems to be the popular opinion in the thread: I also think that your doctor is an asshat. Have you thought about getting a second opinion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->