Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

How many of us feel this way, that it's not as we imagined?

Here are the myths I've discovered about myself:
1. I will get pregnant instantly off of bc false, took a year
2. I will have bad m/s. false, not even a bout of nausea
3. I will want a pain-free, epidural birth. false, the more i research the more I want natural, looking into midwife, hypnobirthing even!

I'm sure there's more to come! There's never been so many decisions to make!
screenings, circumcision, cloth diapering...

Yep, this. I wasn't on BC (never have been) and it still took 5 cycles to conceive our first one... but things are always different because it only took one cycle for us to conceive our #2. So I guess it can swing either way - some get pregnant right away, some don't. I was honestly shocked how fast I got pregnant, really thought it would take 5-6 cycles like last time.

I had an epidural during my birth with #1... and I will definitely be doing it again :rofl: I am a wuss with pain and I'm not afraid to admit that. I think having an epidural made it much more less stressful for me, IMO. I hope you find (and have) the birth that you want!

I had major ms with my #1 and it did not go away until 18 1/2 weeks... I puked all the time. With this one I puked probably 2ish times, but holy, nausea is SO bad! I gag every 2 minutes even though I don't puke. It really rubbed on my nerves! Even the zofran didn't work but I got on a new mix of meds and it's been a lifesaver. Absolutely no nausea but I need to stay on the med or I risk it hitting me like a raging storm!

I'm late to the party :haha: But I'm due October 3rd with my #2 :D. I stayed team yellow with my first so I haven't decided if I will stay team yellow or find out the gender for this one. <3

Welcome to the group! Let me know if you want to join the facebook group as well. Congrats on your second baby! I am expecting my third and last, it is bittersweet... although more sweet than bitter since I get so sick, it is nice knowing I won't have to do it again!

Sure! Add me to the fb group!

And yeah I def want 3 kids or potentially 4, but to think about dealing with fatigue and ms it puts me off a little! :haha: but it's worth it for sure though so I am taking it in stride!

Welcome PTR and congrats!!!! :) I am also staying team yellow on this one! Did you find it hard with your first to be team yellow?

I didn't even know this forum even existed! I am due Oct 22nd with #2! Very excited to be finishing up 1st tri and moving on to the next stage!

Welcome and congrats, ptr and jocelynmarie! :wave: :flower:

I've been the exact opposite on everything of yours, lune_miel. :rofl:

I thought that it would take at least a few cycles to get pregnant when we were going to start trying, but we got pregnant after just one time DTD when we were still waiting to try.
I thought that I wouldn't get morning sickness or that I would only throw up once a day at most if I did and then I would feel better and it would go away completely once the second trimester started. Totally wrong, I'm still throwing up at 15 weeks.
I thought that I would want a med-free birth, but after doing research and with my risk for postpartum depression I decided in the end that an epidural is the best thing for me. I'm very tolerant to pain, but I'd like to make my birth experience the most comfortable that I possibly can to reduce the risk of depression afterward.

Ptr- :hi: what's your mix of meds that's helping your ms?! I want some! Lol!

Hi everyone, and welcome to the new ladies! :hi:

Just wanted to let everyone know I got my 12 week ultrasound done yesterday and everything looks good with the baby. It was the NT scan so I'm waiting on those results. Here is a 3D photo.

Attachments

• 4-17-13_47.jpg
    4-17-13_47.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 25
Welcome PTR and congrats!!!! :) I am also staying team yellow on this one! Did you find it hard with your first to be team yellow?

Yes! My DH was so adamant on not finding out the gender of our first so yes, I was tempted to find out but I didn't becaues of my DH's sake. I can say after we got past the 20 weeks ultrasoudn it got easier with not knowing because I knew there wasn't anymore opportunities to find out the sex (aside from paying for one personally). :haha: This time, my dh doesnt' care if we find out or not but i am not sure if I want to find out because the element of surprise was amazing!

Ptr- :hi: what's your mix of meds that's helping your ms?! I want some! Lol!

zofran every 8 hours and zantac 150 mg (generic brand is raintidine) take twice a day (morning and night). i definitely see a HUGE differenece with zantac & zofran vs taking zofran by itself. I totally recommend it 100%.

-----

Congrats babyluv on your scan, baby looks good - fx nothing wrong is found on the NT scan!

I have the ranitidine left over from earlier in this pregnancy. I should try it again, since I can take the zofran through my picc line. Maybe it'll be a magic combo! I forgot I had that. I was puking up zofran and any other med I was taking orally, but I bet it'd help now. Thanks!

babyluv.. beautiful scan!! I've never seen an early 3D scan and that is just incredible!!

Hi to the new ladies as well :)

I love the 3D scan! I havent seen one at that age!

PTR- Was it worth it? ;) Was it nice finding out on the day or do you think it made any difference?

It is very cool to see a 3d scan so early. Congrats!

Welcome and congrats to the new ladies!

I love the 3D scan! I havent seen one at that age!

PTR- Was it worth it? ;) Was it nice finding out on the day or do you think it made any difference?

Yes, it was amazing finding out it was a girl when she came out! I was absolutely stunned but I was in love from the first moment I saw her and seeing that it was a girl made it 100x even more special. I know some other people are different in the sense that they need to find out the sex so they can "bond" with the baby better with coming up with a name, decorating the nursery in the gender color and so forth. Not me.... I didn't have a problem bonding with her when she was born. :cloud9:

I have the ranitidine left over from earlier in this pregnancy. I should try it again, since I can take the zofran through my picc line. Maybe it'll be a magic combo! I forgot I had that. I was puking up zofran and any other med I was taking orally, but I bet it'd help now. Thanks!

The reason why I came across ranitidine is because I told my dr that I would feel nauseous when I ate and I felt best in the morning on empty stomach so it gave my dr an inkling that the food is making me nauseous and that's a part of the indigestion that pregnancy can cause so once I started on teh zofran and rantidine mix, I stopped being nauseous. I tried to go off it 2 weeks ago on a Wednesday to see if my ms/indigestion/nausea (whatever that is I had) were better cuz I was 14 weeks... by friday I barely made out of bed because I was so nauseous! So i went back on it and decided it's not worth trying to wean off it so I'm gonna stay on it for a while until 18-20 weeks :haha:

Why do you have a picc line, if you don't mind me asking?

I agree with PTR.. being on team yellow is lots of fun. I would definitely encourage lots of ladies to wait. There is nothing like the anticipation.

I don't like surprises and not being able to plan properly, so I will definitely not be on team yellow this time around. Maybe for my third child if my first two are a girl and a boy, but I think that would be the only time that I could ever do it.

Sorry to change the subject, but I'm about to burst with preggo-excitement! Might be a little tmi, but hey, everyone says modesty goes out the window when you're pregnant.

I noticed my nipples have felt dry, itchy, and sore the past few days, but tonight, before my shower, they were super crusty. I gave one of the girls a light squeeze, and behold! I am officially producing colostrum. How disgustingly neat! This is way more welcome that those weird linea nigras.

Hi everyone! I have my scan today and im feeling the nerves now. hoping everything is okay im there and the heamatoma is finally gone!

Hi.
Sorry to butt in but im on the list on the front page and will need my name removing as i just lost my baby at 14 weeks. It was a little girl and she has triploidy which is 69 chromosomes, a whole extra set! This happens when an egg is fertilized by two sperm. It is not compatible with life. I wish u all healthy happy pregnancies. Good luck ladies
Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->