Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

YES! Everyone says my cupcake is a girl, and I've felt girl this whole time, so I know if it's a boy, I'm going to be a little bummed. Like you said, loving him won't be an issue, but my hopes are already way, way up for a little girl.

Oops! From the time I typed and posted this, the pages jumped from 286 to 289...Guess i'll go back and read now! :)

congrats callmemaybe on your boy!

Oh its so nice to know that i am not the only one that is feeling this way!

Thanks everyone and congratulations callmemayb

As for gender disappointment we would have experienced it. We wanted a boy so badly that it was hard to think of the fact that we might not get our little man. I also developed a defense mechanism by trying to convince myself it might be a girl. And I know we would love a little girl so much but I am so glad and blessed that we are having our boy! Now the next one can be a surprise.

hope you all get your desired gender.

I think gender disappoinrment is very real for a lot of ladies.

Easy answer: too many people judge and bitch at the people who genuinely have a disappointment in finding out they're having the gender they didn't want.

"We went through years of infertility treatments and you're unhappy you're having x or y?!" "So ungrateful!" "I miscarried all my angel babies and you're worrying about trivial things like gender?" "Why does it matter, as long as the baby's healthy?" "Our baby was born with a deformity, I would rather have a normal baby whether it is a girl or a boy." Lots more insults could be said but you get the gist.

That's sad. We're all mommas with our own demons and issues. Internet hazing is ridiculous.

I posted this in the facebook group, but I'll put it here too, as I'm extremely curious.

All week I've been feeling like my stomach has been flip-flopping around, or rolling over, almost like when someone startles you, but not so severe. Also, a few times, I've felt like a "duh-duh-duh" like my own heartbeat pulsing in my stomach. I wouldn't describe it as anything but a pulse, no flutters or bubbles or anything. Is this baby?

Everyone describe the feeling of the baby in their uterus differently. What you might feel might be the baby. What my baby feels to me (in my pregnancy with #1 and again same with this one) like deep flutters, almost liek gas bubbles except it's always concentrated in the same spot, deep and low near my pubic bone and I have never had that pre-pregancy so I know it's not just "gas bubbles". I also can feel some rolling as if the baby is pressing against the uterus inside and rolling over like a "plop". Everyone describes and feels baby different. Give it a couple more weeks and you will eventually *know* if it's the baby or something else.

Yes, everyone interpretation of what they are feeling is different. I would say thou that i start off by feeling that weird fluttery feeling in my stomach (like when you are riding a roller coaster). Ill feel that for a couple weeks then it goes to actually feeling strong kicks and movement that is unmistakeable. (i am feeling that now). I can now define movement and know what she or he is doing ( like rolling around or just kicking me)....

I wonder if my due date is off. I originally got moved back almost 3 weeks, but considering I started producing colostrum at 14 weeks and now I'm pretty sure I'm feeling baby move, I wonder if we prematurely judged. Baby hasn't been measured since it was a 6 week speck, so I have no idea if that's right or not.

I bet your further on again next time your scanned. I have been feeling definite movement for about 4 weeks now but its my 3rd.

I would agree it sounds like your baby.

Yep, ^^^wss, girlnboots. I bet you will get put further ahead when you get scanned again. 6 weeks are hard to measure IMO. And colostrum isn't an indication of how far along you are.

I totally understand gender disappointment. My son was the first boy born into our family for 20 years, and we were all so excited for his arrival. But now being lucky enough to have one of each, this time i'm really not too fussed, but i'm having girl vibes.

Wonder is anyone could help me? The last week or so I've had a really heavy/achy feeling in my pelvis and tops of my legs. It feels the type of heavy you feel after giving birth. It's not really painful, but it's uncomfortable to walk and shift when sitting.
I've never felt anything like this with any of my other pregnancies, even at the end. Do you think it's something i should mention to my midwife?

It sounds like your bones and ligaments are just settling into place for birth and stretching out. 100% normal. I already have SPD pains (bones being softened up due to pregnancy hormones). It is so painful just to roll over in bed! And I'm only 17 weeks. I didn't get SPD in my first pregnancy until around 30 weeks I think. It sucks!

And happy 13 weeks! Goodbye first trimester! :happydance:

I totally understand gender disappointment. My son was the first boy born into our family for 20 years, and we were all so excited for his arrival. But now being lucky enough to have one of each, this time i'm really not too fussed, but i'm having girl vibes.

Wonder is anyone could help me? The last week or so I've had a really heavy/achy feeling in my pelvis and tops of my legs. It feels the type of heavy you feel after giving birth. It's not really painful, but it's uncomfortable to walk and shift when sitting.
I've never felt anything like this with any of my other pregnancies, even at the end. Do you think it's something i should mention to my midwife?

I had that REALLY bad with Mason, like to the point where i could not walk some days because it was just so painful. It started in 2nd tri. It would come and go all the way up until birth. Some weeks nothing then it would come back again full force.

Congrats on being team :blue: callmemaybbby! :happydance:

I'm so excited to find out what everyone is having. It'll be so awesome when late September thru early November rolls around and we all start having our babies. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->