Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

I just got a whole crate of 0-3 month clothing for $25. There are approximately 50-60 pieces in there. A woman at school has 3 boys and told me she was having a yard sale and that she had a ton of 0-9 month stuff. Boy she wasn't lying. I went over to her house today and picked it up and it is mostly 0-3 months and it is all practically brand new. It doesn't even look worn! We are so blessed as a 4 pack usually run $8-$10!

I am going tomorrow to register! In so excited! We are having our first shower in may! I'm a ftm any advise on what to not get?

I get pains down low when I get up quick after sitting a while too and if i'm a bit bloated this happens esUh pecially. Like an elastic band has snapped!

As for varacose veins i've had one coming in my lower right leg since I was a teen so i'm expecting that to get horrilbe! :nope:

Question: Do any of you ladies know if it is correct for sleeping on your left hand side? I have read that after 16 weeks you shouldn't lie on your back or on the right?? I have been practicing this for a few weeks and I get pain and tinglinging then numbness in my hip...I think I'm gonna get another varocose vain like this, not sure what to do!!!:shrug::wacko:

They do say sleeping on your left side is best, but I can't just do it exclusively! I rotate from my back to my tight or left side. I sleep with an extra comforter so I can mold it around and under my belly like a nest, so it supports it though. Good thing we have a king size bed, or there would be no room for my hubby in there to!!

Thanks...I think I sleep on my left all night cause I fall alseep and wake up on the same position! No wonder my hip is going numb! :haha:

Lady- Yes it is recommended to sleep on your left but like someone else already said, you cant do it all night long! :) You will change positions all night long, you will find you wake up when you have been in that position for to long. Dont worry to much if you find yourself on your back or belly. I rec. a body pillow forsure!

Jbell-
I was measuring 4 days ahead with Mason and i never changed my date, i was still almost 2 weeks late from that date, so if i had set myself ahead i would have been over 2 weeks late. If you got the same date at first then i would keep that one

Thanks! Yes I have bought a pillow and still awaiting to recieve it! It's been a few weeks now :shrug: I will chase it, prob will help a lot!

Ummmm where did y'all go? I think this is the quietest this board has ever been!

Ok ftm question! Clothing is so confusing! What do I buy for baby and how much? With our lo's due in October I know we will need warmer clothes. But newborn then 0-3 then 3-6 its very confusing! Am I alone in this?

jbell I was wondering the same! It is hard to know what to buy for 3-6 month because it depends on how big they are when they are born and how fast they grow!!

I would def not bother with buying too much of newborn. Newborns usually only last up to 10 lbs. 0-3 usually up to 15 lbs. 3-6 is about 10 to 18 lbs and 6-9 about 15 to 20 lbs, 9-12 is 18-26 lbs etc. carter's usually puts weight on their tags so you can see what clothes will fit by comparing your baby's weight to the weights on the tags. I wouldn't worry about 6-9 and beyond for now, I would focus on 0-3 months and when you get used to the baby for a few weeks then test out some 3-6 on him when he's bigger and you will catch on quick on when to start picking up 3-6 months clothes. This way you will save money on whether to skip 0-3 and go straight from newborn to 3-6 months. (Which is what happened to me, my daughter lasted 2 weeks in her newborn clothes, 3 weeks in 0-3 clothes, she was better off just going from newborn straight to 3-6 months).

hey all. i haven't been on in forever lol. glad to see everyone is progressing nicely! i am not loving being preggo that's for sure!

So far we've bought a handful of newborn bodysuits and sleepsuits, and a handful of 0-3 bodysuits and sleepsuits. That's all we'll be getting for now as I know everyone else will want to pick us up bits.

We've also started picking up gift cards for the supermarket everytime we go. Only for £10/£15 each time. But as we don't know what size nappies etc we'll need, the money is then set aside for things like that.

All we've got for the nursery so far is a cotbed and a chest of drawers. Also, a crib for our room. Still need quite a bit but getting there as all the family is helping out.

Going to try to get an early scan anyone want to guess on what baby might be? I have to get a note from the doctor giving the okay for the private scan, fingers crossed!

This was at 10+4.

Attachments

148.9 KB · Views: 4
Hotbump - I guess girl! no reason, just a guess.

I got a few bits and bobs, so far we have two sleep suits in newborn and a pair of batman pyjamas in "up to 1 month"(cause I can totally get away with putting them on a girl :haha: )
321616_10200499572524668_168590594_n.jpg

No idea how big this baby will be obviously, but Ellie was only 6lb 2oz and short in length so she was drowned in newborn, we ended up buying a few bits in "tiny baby" after she was born and she fit in to 0-3 months until she was about 6 months! I bet she's saved us a fortune in clothes and shoes because now at 2years 7months old she's only gone up one shoe size and still fits in to 12-18month jeans because she's a shorty :p

I have to admit that I really want a girl but one of my friends guessed boy and she has guessed 2 pregnancies right so far so I'm a bit sad (I know I'll love baby no matter what) My sister has guessed girl and she has guessed 3 pregnancies right lol

So far I still have gotten sick, still have nausea, still tired, face breaks out and looks like I'm loosing weight from the face but Im not, and hb was 160 at 15+1 :)

Hot bump - When will you have your private scan?

I want to do another scan at 18 weeks to see if I can find out the gender - should I wait till 20 or is 18 good enough? ladies what do you think???

Hotbump - I guess girl! no reason, just a guess.

I got a few bits and bobs, so far we have two sleep suits in newborn and a pair of batman pyjamas in "up to 1 month"(cause I can totally get away with putting them on a girl :haha: )
321616_10200499572524668_168590594_n.jpg

No idea how big this baby will be obviously, but Ellie was only 6lb 2oz and short in length so she was drowned in newborn, we ended up buying a few bits in "tiny baby" after she was born and she fit in to 0-3 months until she was about 6 months! I bet she's saved us a fortune in clothes and shoes because now at 2years 7months old she's only gone up one shoe size and still fits in to 12-18month jeans because she's a shorty :p

OH picked up a superman onesie in 0-3 over the weekend saying that if we have a girl it'll just be a supergirl onesie! Lol.

SisterRose- Thats is such a cute little outfit!!!!! I love it!

Hotbump- I will guess girl too!!! No reason, just a guess! :) Hopefully we will both get our girls! When do you think you will get the scan done?

Lady- I have heard it is most acute at 20 weeks but most people dont have a problem seeing it around 16 weeks. I found out with my son at 18 weeks and there was no second guessing, he was a he FORSURE! LOL

GIrly - Supergirl onesie will be totally fine. My OH is a massive comic book nerd so I thought he'd love the batman pyjamas!

Lady - IN my last pregnancy I had a gender scan at 16 weeks 4 days and you could tell she was a girl, could see the three little lines. It was confirmed again at my 20 week scan she was a girl. I've booked another gender scan this pregnancy for 16 weeks 2 days which is next Saturday! I'm confident they will be able to tell then and I think you'd have no problem finding out at 18 weeks.

SisterRose- Thats is such a cute little outfit!!!!! I love it!

Hotbump- I will guess girl too!!! No reason, just a guess! :) Hopefully we will both get our girls! When do you think you will get the scan done?

Lady- I have heard it is most acute at 20 weeks but most people dont have a problem seeing it around 16 weeks. I found out with my son at 18 weeks and there was no second guessing, he was a he FORSURE! LOL

GIrly - Supergirl onesie will be totally fine. My OH is a massive comic book nerd so I thought he'd love the batman pyjamas!

Lady - IN my last pregnancy I had a gender scan at 16 weeks 4 days and you could tell she was a girl, could see the three little lines. It was confirmed again at my 20 week scan she was a girl. I've booked another gender scan this pregnancy for 16 weeks 2 days which is next Saturday! I'm confident they will be able to tell then and I think you'd have no problem finding out at 18 weeks.

Well we told DH's son on the wkend so we plan on taking him too. I really hope we can find out! Aparantly this clinic has a very clear machine. My gyn's doesn't seem to be as clear as a lot of pics I've seen you ladies posting. So FX 13th May is my appointment :happydance::baby::kiss:

Mama Penguin: Those Batman PJs are so cute! I'd still put those on a girl too. XD

So excited to see what everyone's gender scans are! Mine is on May 6th, so one week from today. Mom and I both think that I'm having a girl, but we'll know for sure next Monday. :D

My gender scan is not till the 17th, so I have to wait two and a half weeks...BOO!! My doctor didn't want to do an early one and as much as I would love to do a private scan, hubby just wants to wait until the 20 week apt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->