Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

I definitely got a boy result when I was pregnant with Sophie using the intelligender test. It did (according to reviews) seem to be more inaccurate when the result was boy.

I've got my fingers crossed for a girl for you, Hotbump!
As far as I've read and studies that have been done it is a lot less accurate if you get a boy result, but the girl results are almost always correct.

I spent the weekend in Kansas City visiting my mom. It was great, and I know that my mom loves spending time with my DF. She adores him, probably because they have a lot in common and they have a similar sense of humor. I can't stand my best friend's new girlfriend, but he seems happy, so I don't know how to tell him that I don't like her. I feel like she's mentally unstable and a compulsive liar and I find her personality unbearably annoying, but I don't want to hurt his feelings. ):

I spent the weekend in Kansas City visiting my mom. It was great, and I know that my mom loves spending time with my DF. She adores him, probably because they have a lot in common and they have a similar sense of humor. I can't stand my best friend's new girlfriend, but he seems happy, so I don't know how to tell him that I don't like her. I feel like she's mentally unstable and a compulsive liar and I find her personality unbearably annoying, but I don't want to hurt his feelings. ):

Been there! Unfortunately, the best thing for you to do is trust that if she really is unstable/a liar that he will eventually pick up on that for himself. You don't have to say you adore her or anything, but if he asks what you think simply smile and tell him you're not the one dating her, so all that matters is what he thinks. It will hint that maybe you don't really like her, but shows that you respect him enough not to flat out say it.

I dont know if i believe the skull theory anymore if that means anything... i have been looking at alot of scans lately and they are all different, i havent found a consistency in it... but who knows... And the whole bump thing (if its true, which i dont believe) i think comes into play later in your pregnancy

As for the intelligender i heard the same! So thats a good sign! Did you do it on any of your boys?

No we werent financially stable when I was pregnant with my boys so $45 dollars seemed like $200 to us :haha: I dont truly believe the skull theory either but when one person says boy its enough for me to start thinking boy :haha::blush:

LOL.. Im in that spot right now.... Im a SAHM and they dont sell it here in Canada so i have to get it shipped so the thought of spending like 70$ on it just seems to much to me now. I did it with my Son and i got boy results, but i have heard alot of people get wrong results so i think it is close to 60/40 (maybe a little better?).. but who knows. I would still like to try it just to see... hehehehe

Hello everyone. Just wanted to check in before I go to the doctor today, because the way things are going, I may not be able to be online much afterwards and I haven't been around much because I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown. :wacko: Just didn't want anyone to think I had fallen off the face of the Earth.

Hubby's boss is having problems in his marriage and took off, basically firing everyone and taking their pay with him. This is a huge problem for us because I don't make enough to support us and DH made a lot of money at his job. It has been raining for a week, so he can't even look for work.

MS has returned full force and I have been so sick I can't see straight and my doctor has me coming in because she is afraid I have a blood clot in my leg, in which case, I will be going to the hospital and I am the only one working in the house right now. Good times.

I hope that everyone is doing better than we are.

Oh Miranda that's aweful! Sorry about the ms. Hopefully the dr will give ya something for it. I hope you don't have a clot. What's makes them think you do?

You're right Maze. That's a wonderful way not to lie to him about how I feel about her, but also not to flat out tell him either. Thanks! :hugs:

Oh no Miranda! I hope that your DH finds a new job soon, that's a terrible thing to happen to you guys. ):
I'm also sorry about the MS and the possibility of a blot clot. Hopefully they can give you something to help with the MS and I hope that there is no blood clot. Hang in there honey, life can't stay crappy forever! :hugs:

Sending loads of hugs over Miranda :hugs: Hope DH finds a new job soon and that you don't have a clot in your leg x

Ladies who had NT scans, have you checked your paperwork to see if theres a clue of gender in your HCG and paPP A numbers? If the equivalent is under 1.0 for both it leans boy, over 1.0 leans girl and one each way 50/50 but I have noticed that a low HCG leans boy even if the PaPP is over 1.0. Just a little more fun to be had before the gender scans lol! For the record my hcg is 0.52 and my nub is very boyish!

6lil pigs- how do you know those results? i only got a letter through the post saying what my risk of downs was 2 weeks after my nt scan but havent seen anything about hcg and papp a.

would i have to ask my midwife to tell me?

also my nappy bag came today. i looooove it!

Oh Miranda that's aweful! Sorry about the ms. Hopefully the dr will give ya something for it. I hope you don't have a clot. What's makes them think you do?

Sorry for the long update, but there is a lot to update...:wacko:

Thank you everyone! Just got home and apparently, the only healthy thing about me from head to toe is baby, which I am grateful for. I got to see her again today and everything with her seems to be wonderful. She is right on schedule with everything and I have an anomaly scan scheduled in three weeks.

AFM, they are sending me for an U/S on my leg. The reason they think that I have a clot is because I have MTHFR, which they found out about because of a clot many years ago, behind my eye. I haven't had one since, but now I have a spot on my leg, which is painful, red, very hot and swollen. Much hotter than the skin around the spot or the same place on my other leg. They should be able to tell something after the U/S, which I am waiting on the call from the hospital, for scheduling. Should be in the next day or so, if not this afternoon. They seem to be on top of things.

In addition, I have SPD (already), elevated blood pressure (which is causing them to be concerned about Pre E, already) and when I asked about the blood pressure causing the headaches I have been having, she said it could be, but after she looked at my eyes with her little eyeball looker thing, decided that she is also sending me to a neurologist!! WTH??? :cry: She didn't say why, other than being concerned. She only said that she didn't want to worry me unless there was cause for concern and they were going to order a few tests. I won't ask what else could possibly go wrong because that is an invitation for disaster. I am also down another 6 pounds, so they are putting me on Zofran, which I have to go pick up later today, but I have no ketones in my urine and I am not dehydrated yet, so that is good. They are going to be doing tests for Pre E next week. I should be spending a lot of time at the doctors/hospital for the next couple weeks, it seems.

On the bright side, it stopped raining while I was gone, and hubby has a job interview tomorrow. :thumbup: He couldn't have worked, even if his boss hadn't taken off, because tree climbers don't work in the rain, but last week's paycheck, which would have covered all of our bills for this month, sure would have been nice to have. :sigh: It is what it is! Only thing to do now is keep moving forward.

I am exhausted and think I will go :sleep:

Oh geez, Miranda, when it rains it pours huh? I hope all of that issues turn out to be nothing! As for SPD, I had SPD but it went away immeidately after delivery so I hope that will be the same for you. As for the other issues, I hope there is some solution or something that can be done to help decrease the risks that you have like pre-e. Pregnancy is no fun business sometimes, that's for sure!

Poor you Miranda, you are sounding poorly. Take care of yourself hun xx

Oh no, Miranda! Your body sure if giving you the run around... it definitely sounds like you have a clot in your leg. I haven't had one personally, but I remember when my mom had one, it was a lot like what you were experiencing. I am sorry that there seems to be further concern and that you're being referred to a neurologist, hopefully your doctor is just being very careful and it will turn out to be nothing!

Thanks guys. I don't know what to think at this point. I have no idea what she saw that would cause her to refer me to a neurologist, but that has me more scared than the possibility of the clot. My grandmother was killed by a blood clot and my father died of brain cancer. I am going nowhere near Google for anything and just going to sit tight with my feet up and a warm compress on the site of the swelling, as that is all they will be doing if there is a clot there (but in the actual hospital). Hopefully the Zofran will help at least that much. I just don't know what happened. A month ago I was packing for my honeymoon, where I spent every day for nearly 2 weeks biking 12 miles a day on the beach and now I can barely get out of bed. :nope:

Sometimes pregnancy has a way of bringing out the worst in our bodies. If it is a clot, at least they can keep an eye on it. I have faith that this too will pass for you, even if it may take some time. Uncovering potential health problems that aren't limited to your pregnancy is the last thing any new mother wants or needs to deal with, but it sounds like your medical team is taking really good care of you.

Rest up as much as you can. :hugs:

Oh Miranda I'm really sorry all this is happening to you! I truly hope you start feeling better asap. I'll say a prayer for you. But good for you looking on the bright side! Baby girl is healthy and DH has a job interview! That's on the up and up right?

AFM - I felt baby move!!!! :happydance: I was watching Hell's Kitchen and I swore I felt him but I chalked it up to nothing. But today it has been like a light switch turned on. During planning today I was talking to my math coach and I felt a distinct kick-kick and I have been feeling flutters off and on for about 2 1/2 hours. It really is neat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->