Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

Hi Ladies - sorry I've not been around much - busy, busy!!

12 days till my 20 week scan! :happydance: I'm so excited to see baby again and hopefully find out the sex! :thumbup:

I've been feeling baby everyday now and can see gentle movements from the outside. :happydance:

I hope you're all ok - big hugs to the ladies who are having complications. I hope good news comes your way soon. :hugs:

I'm glad to hear the clot wasn't life threatening!!! Sorry to hear about the headaches, i hope you can find some solution with that and hopefully soon! A month of headaches to deal with sounds horrendous!!!

Im glad to hear that the clot isnt a serious one!! That is great news! Hopefully they can figure out what is causing your headaches

Low- Thats exciting! Keep us updated!

Congrats on your boy Zombie!

SisterRose, very sorry about your results. Quite annoying that the doctor told you they were fine at first.

Miranda, if your head gets really bad you should just go to the ER. At the very least they might be able to rule out any worse case scenarios. Not to frighten you, as I am sure you are worried enough, but when you have a clotting disorder and suddenly you are having very bad headaches, you generally don't want to sit on it for a month. You know? We're pumping twice as much blood through our veins right now which could be why you're running into these problems. I hope they get it sorted for you, but seriously, push being seen through the ER if it keeps getting worse.

I really don't know if I can see another doctor any sooner. I don't even know what other kind of doctor I would go to other than a neurologist and, as Maze suggested, the ER. There is a very good possibility that I may end up there before it is over with.

Hubby went and got the Fioricet for me, and I really didn't want to take it, but not taking it was out of the question by this evening. As it is, I was only taking one 250 MG Tylenol a day and just suffering the rest of the way through it, but that is not possible anymore. He got the pills for me at 6:15 - 6:30 PM. He had to go get them because my head was so bad that I couldn't even drive the 8 blocks to Walmart.

I took one the moment he walked in the door and they say to only take one every 6 hours as needed for pain. At first, they really helped, but it is now 10:45 and the earliest I can take another one is 12:15-12:30ish. I have wanted another one for the last hour and a half. :cry: Something really isn't right. And they only gave me 20 pills, so if I end up needing one every 6 hours, they will only last 5 days.

Miranda - They're giving me some antibiotics for now, and then the Iv antibiotics during labour as far as I know at the moment. I guess I'l find out more when the time comes to write out a birth plan. Eeek.
It's good to hear that the blood clot in your leg isn't in a life threatening area, and that it can be treated from home so time to rest up a bit for you! I was going to ask if you knew what your blood pressure was like but you've said it's fine so can't be causing the head aches. I guess it's good to rule one thing out, and hope you find out what's causing it soon.

Junebugs - Maybe I will get my natural labour this time, who knows. But as long as baby is okay and born safely I don't mind whatever happens. Hope that you get a natural birth this time too *fingers crossed*

Maze - That was the worst bit of it, I'd been thinking I was fine for a week longer than I needed to and could have had the antibiotics last week and got it over with. I was shocked when the midwife told me they weren't right. Hey-ho!

Oh dear, Miranda. You really should just go to the ER. If the pills don't even last you the recommended time... there has to be something up. They can't expect you to wait a month to see someone, you're pregnant and trying to sustain a life with a body that right now is failing you. The earlier they find out what is going on the better options they generally have for treatment. My biggest concern is that it could be another clot forming or something. I know CT scans generally aren't wanted during pregnancy, but maybe they can do a cranial ultrasound to see if there is anything visible.

I'll be thinking about you, please get yourself into the hospital.

See, that's the weird thing about all of it. They said they don't think it is a clot because they said that it has been too long for a clot. How can they know that? I'm no doctor, and choose the legal field, but there is a lot of science in the legal field and if I believe nothing else, it is that anything is possible.

But I told them I was having headaches at my first appointment and they had started about 2 weeks before that, so this has been going on for almost 4 months. But, at first they weren't bad at all. Just noticeable enough that I was concerned that they were happening every day. Then I gave in and started taking one 250 mg Tylenol a day and it was like it wasn't happening. Then it helped, then took the edge off and now doesn't work at all. And I went straight from one not working to prescription not doing it's job in the space of 6 days. That seems like an emergency to me. I am waiting for the doctor's office to call me back now, because if I go, they are next door and will be notified that I am there, and I want to give them a heads up. I just don't know what else to do and I am supposed to work tomorrow. Physically stress free, but mentally exhausting job.

MirandaH I am afraid I agree with Maze and I do work in the medical field. I agree that you should take yourself to emerg for a full looking over. It does seem unlikely but at the same time it warrants further investigation quicker than a month. I had a tension migraine for months in my last pregnancy..and it was hard.

Sorry your having such a hard time.

Congratulations to all your girlies who are finding out the genders...very exciting. I am thinking about changing my mind and finding out but not sure.

Miranda :hugs:

Im so excited tomorrow is my gender scan :happydance:

Miranda I'm really worried about you girl! I hope that everything works out well and you determine what will be best for you and baby. Because whats best for mommy is best for baby too! Just know we are all here thinking about you.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Miranda- I totally agree with Maze and goddess, honestly if you go through emerg. most of the time you get faster results. Im so sorry you are going through all of this but i hate to see you have to wait any longer....

Goddess- NO!!! You need to stay team yellow! I need other team yellow supporters or i might just crack! LOL... j/k if you want to find out i totally understand but i would love if you stayed team yellow with us :)

Hotbump-
I have been thinking about you today! I cant wait to find out what you are having!!! What time is your appt. tomorrow?

My appointment is at 1pm just hope my boys arent too cranky like at my 10wk scan. They take a nap around 1/2pm everday.

Hopefully not! I know what you mean though.. if Mason misses his nap.... everyone watch out! LOL... I be watching the forum tomorrow after 2 for an update then ;)

Miranda- I totally agree with Maze and goddess, honestly if you go through emerg. most of the time you get faster results. Im so sorry you are going through all of this but i hate to see you have to wait any longer....

Goddess- NO!!! You need to stay team yellow! I need other team yellow supporters or i might just kocrack! LOL... j/k if you want to

find out i totally understand but i would love if you stayed team yellow with us :)

Hotbump-
I have been thinking about you today! I cant wait to find out what you are having!!! What time is your appt. tomorrow?

I'm staying team yellow!! First time ever , past two x we found out. We have a girl and a boy so I'm trying hard to tell myself it doesn't matter, but its so hard!!! I don't know if urs all in my head but I'm having a hard time connecting!!

I'm staying team yellow!! First time ever , past two x we found out. We have a girl and a boy so I'm trying hard to tell myself it doesn't matter, but its so hard!!! I don't know if urs all in my head but I'm having a hard time connecting!!

I agree, I am having a hard time connecting this time around. I don't know if that is because I know I am not finding out what I am having and don't want to get too attached to any future idea of what this child might be and when you picture another child in your life it is impossible to do it without envisioning gender. So I try to picture separate possibilities, a baby boy or girl, and what either would mean to me. I love both my boy and girl names and would be thrilled to use either...but yeah, I can't connect. I think when I am bigger and the movements are bigger it might be easier.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that is having a hard time feeling connected to baby right now. I don't really look pregnant and I haven't felt the baby move yet, so it's hard to convince myself that I really am pregnant sometimes. If it weren't for the MIA AF and the constant nausea/vomiting I would never believe that I'm actually pregnant, even though I've had two ultrasounds so far. Maybe it'll help after I have my gender scan on Monday and I at least know if I'm having a boy or a girl.

I dont feel a huge connection yet either but i didnt feel it with Mason until after he was born aswell so i dont think it is so much gender related with me. I think i need to really have something in my hands, see , smell and feel for me to have that connection .. I am actually really starting to become at peace with myself now in not finding out the gender. I really like the guessing part, i think it is just the 20 week scan i am going to have a hard time getting through but once that is done I think i am going to be ok.

Goddess- NO!!! You need to stay team yellow! I need other team yellow supporters or i might just crack! LOL... j/k if you want to find out i totally understand but i would love if you stayed team yellow with us :)

Hotbump-

I am not really seriously considering it..I am going to discuss it with my husband and if he has really strong feelings about finding out I might, however I dont think he will.

Miranda, I'm so sorry your dealing with horrible headaches.

By chance are you taking Progesterone supplements or any hormones, etc?

I was having horrible headaches when I was taking Progesterone.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->