Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

I had a hard time connecting or whatever too for awhile, until we went window shopping a couple months ago. I was "prepared for the worst" so I wouldn't let myself connect with my baby. It still weirds me out to feel it move and all that, but once it gets stronger, it won't feel like a fish or an eel flipping around, hopefully.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Good luck with everyone's test results coming back, doctor's appointments, etc. Seems like there's a lot of hurry up and wait for all of us here lately. We had our MSAFP or whatever it's called last week, so we should be getting the results back by the end of this week, unless they decide to wait til our next appointment which issss OUR GENDER SCAN May 20th :)

6lil pigs- how do you know those results? i only got a letter through the post saying what my risk of downs was 2 weeks after my nt scan but havent seen anything about hcg and papp a.

would i have to ask my midwife to tell me?

also my nappy bag came today. i looooove it!

Rose, I'm UK aswell and my numbers were on the same letter but further down. I'll see if I can attach my letter and show where mine are:thumbup:

The numbers are in the maternal serum section:)

I tried to show a pic of mine but it says file too large, I'm a bit rubbish at shrinking things butbwill try later off of the pc:)

Hi Ladies, hope you're all well.

How long (for those who had NT test), did it take to receive your results? I had mine on 22nd of April, and i'm still waiting for my results.

Sorry to all who are having complications, hope things get better for you soon.

Paiytonsmummy - I had my NT test on the 19th April and my results came back on Wednesday so the 1st May. I definitely think no news is good news though. If there's anything to worry about I hear they're pretty good with informing you asap :) :flower:

Hotbump - Can't wait to hear your news!!! :pink: :blue:

I never did get the results of my NT scan back. I ended up having to ask my OBGYN during my 16 week appointment and she just said that they were normal, so I don't have numbers or anything.

Happy 17 weeks to you, Lady!

I'm making chicken and chorizo jambalaya tonight, it smells super nice. I'm so hungry and it's taking waaay to long to be done :s

Where is hotbump??!!!! I had a weird dream last night that she found out it was a girl??!! LOL i dont even know her and i am having dreams about it!

Hi everyone, sorry i took so long to post back took a long
nap after the scan OH doesn't want me to post anything public but if you want to know just send me a pm
on here and I'll gladly tell you :-D. He wants to keep it a
surprise from family, they are dying to know and maybe
following me here lol

Exciting! Definitely sending you a PM, Hotbump. :thumbup:

I'm pretty sure that I felt baby move for the first time earlier. :happydance:

Its nice to keep it a secret from people.

Congrats on baby movement kalonkiki...

We're keeping ours a secret too! We're planning to have a reveal party/diaper shower. We're telling our parents and grandparents, but that's it. And you ladies too, of course.

Do any of you get really depressed? These hormones just make me feel so hopeless and lonely sometimes. Especially nights when my OH us working late.

I really wanted to keep our babies gender a surprise from family and friends too but when I mentioned it to OH he said he didn't think that it was fair :shrug: :S

Congrats on baby movement Kalonkiki! I think I've felt movement too for definite this week but can't be *quite* sure. I get what feels like twitching/muscle spasm/poke down in the area I find baby with the doppler and it happens once, really quickly then it's gone. I also feel like I have a washing machine in my tummy sometimes!

Soooo, I went to the ER and they said that there is nothing that they can do for me right now, except try to get me into the neurologist sooner, rather than later. They said that the ER is only required to stabilize you and since I am not dying, they do not feel comfortable doing an MRI or CT scan on me until 18 weeks and then without contrast, which might make it harder for them to see anything. I will not allow contrast dyes anyway while I am pregnant, and I am so close to 18 weeks that I am not going to go to another ER and try to force it. My doctor did say that she can order tests in the hospital for me once I hit the 18 week mark, but she is not a neurologist, and she will still have to find one to read the scans, but she only wants me to do the MRI, and no CT scans.

While I was there, they did do a lumbar puncture to rule out meningitis! OMG, that was the most painful thing I think I have ever been through!! Even after three kids!!

I went to the hospital the day I said I was waiting on the doctor to call me back and have been home since that night, but I am still very exhausted. I have slept so much, that I am not even sure what today is or how long ago that was. I need to get caught up on posts, but can't do it right now. Just checking in because my pain killers wore off about 6 hours ago, and my head woke me up. Been managing to only take 2 per day, and just dealing with the headaches between them, as I don't want to get hooked on these things or hurt my little girl. My newest symptom is that when I am awake, my eyes twitch. Only one at a time, and I have been having this in my left eye for about 2 years, very infrequently. No one can see it, only I can feel it, but now it is happening more frequently (still not a lot) and in both eyes. :shrug: Will post more soon! Going back to :sleep:

At least the ER were able to assess that for now nothing is immediately putting you in danger or otherwise they would have done something.

I have seen many people have Lumbar punctures and its not pleasant...its a bit like putting in a spinal or epidural as they use a similar space, just not withdrawing any CSF.

Hope things start to improve for you.

I'm worried about you, Miranda. Stay strong Mama, I hope you start feeling better soon. I'll be so relieved when I finally see a post that you are healthy again and that your baby girl is doing great. :hugs:

Thanks for all of the congrats, Mamas! At first I wasn't sure if it was really movement, but now I'm positive that it was as I'm still getting the weird flutters from time to time. Usually when I'm laying down at night.

My gender scan is in about an hour. :happydance:

Miranda how frustrating and scary what you are going through! Hope your head isn't bothering you too much, and rest up!
Kalonki, post as soon as you know!! So exciting!!!

Miranda- I am still happy you went to the ER. I too hope they can figure things out soon for you hun!

Kalon- YAY!!! Let us know asap!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->