Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

Feel free to put me on team :blue:!
I never thought I'd be so happy to be wrong. I was definitely expecting a little girl, but it was the most wonderful surprise of my life when I saw my little boy on that ultrasound screen. :blush:
I can't wait to meet my Liam Van! <3 :happydance: <3

That's so awesome kalonki!! A beautiful little boy!! Congrats!!!

id love to have a boy and have one of each but i 100% think my baby is another girly which ill be super happy with also :) 4 days til i know!

Thanks for the congrats, Mamas! I could tell from the picture of Liam's face that he has his mommy's face shape. I think he's going to end up looking more like me than Colin. :blush:
I'm excited to find out what you're having, Mama Penguin!
Hehe, well I hope that your instincts are off like mine were. Boys are great, I always felt very close to my youngest brother Reese (currently 2 years old) when I was living with my mother again and helping her take care of him and my sister Bella (currently 4 years old). He was such an easy baby and easily one of the most adorable little boys I've ever known. I hope that my son turns out to be a lot like him.

maybe i will be wrong! i was really excited about having another girl up until this last week when the gender scan is closing in and all of a sudden i just feel like i know theyre going to say girl again and i dont want to feel dissapointed :s its so strange. this will be my last baby, or for at least a LONG while as ee dont have room for more than 2 and moving house isnt an option for the forseeable future. its just hit me this might be my last chance to have a baby boy! i feel guilty about thinking this too cus i know ill adore another girl!

its so nice youve got a good relationship with your little brother kalonkiki :) me and my lil bro are close but hes my not so lil bro as my mum got preggo with him wgrn i was 4 months old so theres only about a year between us! i turn 25 in april and he'll turn 24 in june

I have a pretty close relationship with most of my 9 siblings. Reese just happens to be the youngest of us. :)
I'm sure that you'll adore your baby no matter what, I knew that I would adore a boy just as much even though I thought that I was going to have a girl. Babies in general are tons of fun if you think about it. Don't give up hope though, I was 100% certain that I was going to have a girl and I ended up with a boy. It's a good idea to tell yourself that it's a girl though because then if it is a girl you'll be expecting it and if it does happen to be a boy then you'll have a wonderful surprise like I did. :D

Congrats Kiki! I'm glad you are happy! I have no instinct on mine. I try not to think of it too much. I have had 2 boy gender dreams though and they pissed me off lol. Tacky of me huh?

Congrats Kiki!!!!!!! This whole time i thought you were going to have a girl aswell until this morning when you said you were going for your scan, i suddenly thought you would come back and say boy for some reason! LOL... i am so happy for you!

SisterRose- I know exactly what you are feeling, that is why i am team yellow! I feel the exact same way and this will also be our last baby. Although i am sure it is a boy from the 12 week scan therefore i have had some time and i know that 2 boys would be wonderful....!!! I think i am just sad to think i will miss out on that mother daughter relationship

Lol, nah, I don't think it's tacky to desire a gender. I honestly thought that I'd be disappointed if we ended up with a boy instead of a girl because every instinct in my whole being was telling me that I was having a girl. Instead I had quite the opposite reaction. I think that expecting one gender and then receiving the opposite can make for a wonderfully happy surprise since you weren't expecting it. :D

Junebugs - Maybe we'll both be surprised like Kalonkiki and I'll have a boy and you a girl :D I just look at the recent scan picture of my little baby though, and I'm already in love. He or she just looks gorgeous I'm sure I'm going to be a happy mummy either way.

In other news I'm sure I feel movement now! I can't believe it as it's pretty early but it's not super light either, it's really noticible and it's been a few times a day some times for about a minute of poking. I can't see if being anything else as over the last week I've put it down to maybe being gas or general bodily things but tonight I was relaxing watching TV and I just felt a little *poke poke* like tapping low down in my pelvis area and like a brushing against the inside of my tummy so I asked OH to pass my doppler out of the wardrobe, put it on my tummy right where I was feeling the movements a few minutes before and could hear *jab jab* and swooshing movemnts. Yay!

Hope all you ladies are doing ok. :hugs: Really hope you're feeling better soon Miranda. :hugs:

8 days till my scan :happydance: Can't wait to find out if we're on team blue or team pink!

I'm getting regular, good strong kicks every day now - mainly in the bladder! Don't know if that means baby is breach right now :shrug: not that it matters as there's loads of time yet! :thumbup:

Congrats Kiki!

I had a bad day at the ER. I am having regular contractions, though no change in my cervix. They spent a good half hour trying to find the baby's heart beat on the doppler but gave up, then when they brought in the portable ultrasound machine they turned it away so I couldn't see. The doctor in ER admitted she is not a pro-ultrasound tech, but it was clear she was concerned by what she saw.

I was devastated. I still am in some way as for that bit of time I felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest.

An OB from the hospital came in and was able to confirm a heart beat though, when the ER doctor couldn't find one.

I am on strict bed rest for the next two weeks. They gave me some kind of shot to help with the contractions or something but I don't even know right now, I was basically hysterical the whole time. They might put me on permanent bed rest if I continue to get contractions.

It's been an emotional afternoon... and they never did let me see my baby, even after convincing me they had passed. :nope:

Congrats Kiki!

I had a bad day at the ER. I am having regular contractions, though no change in my cervix. They spent a good half hour trying to find the baby's heart beat on the doppler but gave up, then when they brought in the portable ultrasound machine they turned it away so I couldn't see. The doctor in ER admitted she is not a pro-ultrasound tech, but it was clear she was concerned by what she saw.

I was devastated. I still am in some way as for that bit of time I felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest.

An OB from the hospital came in and was able to confirm a heart beat though, when the ER doctor couldn't find one.

I am on strict bed rest for the next two weeks. They gave me some kind of shot to help with the contractions or something but I don't even know right now, I was basically hysterical the whole time. They might put me on permanent bed rest if I continue to get contractions.

It's been an emotional afternoon... and they never did let me see my baby, even after convincing me they had passed. :nope:

Oh sweetie - I can't even begin to imagine what kind of day you've had!! :nope:

Thinking about you and sending positive vibes. :hugs:

Congrats Kiki!

Oh honey! I can't imagine what you're going through right now. I really hope that you and baby are safe and healthy and that you find out good news and continue to have a normal, healthy pregnancy soon. Stay strong and get lots of rest, Mama. We all care for you very much and we are all here for support. :hugs:

Congrats Kiki!

Oh my goodness, what a scary day - sending you thoughts and prayers. You rest up and try and remain calm (hugs). Is someone able to help take care of you and your kids whilst you rest up?

Oh no Maze!!! That must have been soooo scary! I am so sorry you had such a stressful day... hopefully the contraction will stop and it was just a fluke thing. Try to get some rest!

Maze I really hope everything works out. I'll say a prayer for you! Just get lots of rest and take care of yourself and baby!

What?! Oh my goodness! I hope everything turns out ok! This is the reason why I would have gone to the ob floor because they are much more experienced and wouldn't have freaked you out like that :hugs: So as far as you know the baby is ok? Why is the er doctor concerned?

Maze I'm so sorry you had such a crappy day! Is there a reason they won't let you go to the ob/l&d part of the hospital? Hope the contractions stop :hugs: rest up. Are you alone with during the day? I hope you'll have some help :hugs: we are all thinking about you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->