Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

I think it is most likely because in Ontario they tell you that you cant go to L&D until you are after 21 weeks i think it is (i cant remember the exact week but i am sure it is sometime after 20 weeks)? Before that they say you have to go to the ER.

Soo dumb because they always end up calling an OB down to see you anyways, you just have to wait forever and you end up seeing a Dr. before that that scare the crap out of you like what happened to Maze

Interesting.... Up here I think you can go to ob if you're 14 weeks (in 2nd trimester). :shrug:

We only have 2 doctors in our town, so if we go to the ER we automatically get sent upstairs to OB. It's nice, you don't have to deal with the ER at all, but it sucks because they never call the on-call doctor in right away unless it's an absolute emergency. So you deal with nurses, which can go really well or really wrong.

Maze, so sorry to hear you've had such a bad day! Sending loads of positive thoughts your way that you and baby stay healthy, and get plenty of rest. I hope there's somebody who can watch the kids for you while you're having to stay on bed rest? :hugs:

Congrats Kiki!

I had a bad day at the ER. I am having regular contractions, though no change in my cervix. They spent a good half hour trying to find the baby's heart beat on the doppler but gave up, then when they brought in the portable ultrasound machine they turned it away so I couldn't see. The doctor in ER admitted she is not a pro-ultrasound tech, but it was clear she was concerned by what she saw.

I was devastated. I still am in some way as for that bit of time I felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest.

An OB from the hospital came in and was able to confirm a heart beat though, when the ER doctor couldn't find one.

I am on strict bed rest for the next two weeks. They gave me some kind of shot to help with the contractions or something but I don't even know right now, I was basically hysterical the whole time. They might put me on permanent bed rest if I continue to get contractions.

It's been an emotional afternoon... and they never did let me see my baby, even after convincing me they had passed. :nope:

Oh my god maze that's so terrible!! I hope that you weren't alone while that was all going on!! I'm glad they found the heartbeat, but its scary not being able to see the baby on scan after all that. Its stupid, but hospital policy. When I was admitted over night a few months back w bleeding and same thing, er Dr couldn't find a heartbeat, they never let me see baby either. I had to wait a week for another scan, but I'm sure if Dr let you go home, that baby is OK.
Bed rest for a week will be challenging, but its for the greater good, so try and relax! I was onbedrest for 5 months with the last preg, and I know how hard it can be! Sending hugs!!! Keep us posted!!

Thanks everyone for your support.

Junebugs is right, you have to be over 20 weeks to go to labour and delivery in Ontario. I think it is pretty dumb because meanwhile you're in a bed next to someone horribly ill and possibly being exposed to their germs. Not to mention how ridiculous the ER doctors are when it comes to pregnancy, if anything is amiss they automatically assume the worst. I guess because they see the worst so frequently.

My husband is taking today and tomorrow off and then my mom is coming up from Boston on Wednesday. So I do have help. I am down though, I was getting a nice routine of morning walks with my daughter and enjoying the remaining time we have together just the two of us during the days.

I do have my morphology scan tomorrow, so that is somewhat of a relief.

I'm glad you have help!
That sucks that you have to be so far along to go to l&d. I think things just changed around here to 10-12 weeks, but when I stayed overnight last time to get my picc line put in I was in the prenatal section..which I where they send people who they are trying to keep from delivering. A lot of the people in that section are there long term. I was sent there from l&d, and I was only 9 weeks. Seems like a waste of everyone's time to have to go to the er. It just makes things scarier and it does expose you to a lot more germs!

I hope the morphology scan goes well tomorrow! That's something to look forward to. Hopefully you and your daughter can get back to your routine soon :hugs: keep us posted hun.

Maze what a horrible day you had and a scary one at that.

DO they think you have an irritable uterus..From about 19w onwards last pregnancy I had daily contractions quite painful although they never progress or get closer together. I thought I was in labour several times and i am sure i will get it again this time.

Hope everything settles for you.

I'm sorry you are hoping through this maze. That's so scary! I I hope you get your soup soon! What is that scan? I've never heard of that. I hope all goes well.

Kalonkiki - congrats on you baby boy news. It seems to be the trend the sex bring opposite to what we think!!

Maze - I hope everything is ok and you can take the rest as you need. I'm sure its not easy having the kids to run after.. I hope things settle down! xx

In our group everyone seems to be having a boy but i noticed that all the gender announcements in 2nd tri seem to be girl!

Haha, I have noticed a lot of girl announcements in the second trimester thread area, but I've also noticed that when I put in my vote for what color my bump was in the sticky thread there were quite a few more blue bumps than pink. Most of the preggos that I know in person are also having boys and I have yet to meet a random preggo at the doctors office or any maternity/baby shops that isn't having a boy. There is a serious blue bug going around for 2013. I'm actually excited to hear about our next :pink: bump in this thread as Miranda appears to be the only one so far. :haha:

I think I'm going to be bringing it in for the pink on Saturday! :pink:

Maze, I hope everything is okay. Get plenty of rest.

Congrats to all who know the sex of their baby, mostly boys :) I think i'll be the last of the group to find out. My scan isn't until 10th June.

I thought the second tri was all about glowing skin, and shiny hair! My hair is so terrible at the minute, i'm having to tie it back all the time. And my skin is so dry and flaky, even after i've put my moisturizer on.

I have my gender scan on the 13th - next Monday - OMG I can't wait!:haha: eveyone seem to tell me it will be a girl - I'm hoping so..however is baba is a boy i'm sure we'll still be as happy.

I used the doppler last night and baba's HB is so stong now..it has such a thud to it now, not just the ch ch ch ch noise - love it!:cloud9::happydance:

We have also settled on names too! See what you think

Girl - Seren Grace (Seren means star in Welsh - as I'm Welsh)
Boy - Leon Rhys

Also starting to feel some definate flutters - come on baby, kick me lol

We'll find out the sex on the 15th :happydance: everybody keeps telling me they think it's a boy - not entirely sure why though :dohh::haha:

We shall see........:coffee:

I am Team Pink :) found out today from the verifi blood tests which also confirmed that no trisomy 21,18 or 13 was detected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->