• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

Poppyseed oh poppyseed when will you turn into an apple seed! :-/ x

I feel you on that one! I'm ready for the apple seed stage that's for sure. Actually I'm tired of seeds I want to be WHOLE fruit lol!

Hey Ladies so happy to find this post! I just found out I am pregnant on Jan 27 and I am due in the middle of October, I think it will be the 17th :) So happy to have a support group of other women going through the same things. I just can't sleep at night I am so excited/worried/anxious and overwhelmed. This is my first and I just really want everything to go well, they say you can't really get too excited until months but im already over the moon! I keep peeing on a stick everyday to test and my line just keeps getting darker and darker! I wish you all luck and I will be a regular poster on this post :) Would love to make some October baby Mommy friends so feel free to add me or respond! Anyone in NJ/NYC/Hoboken? Let me know .. Time to try to finally get to sleep! Talk to you all tomorrow, I have my first drs appointment on Wed can anyone tell me what I should be expecting? Very nervous!

Morning POSD17! Fellow Jerseyean here :hugs: It's my first as well! :happydance: I'm not sure about your appt since it looks like some practices do different things, but my dr has had me do 2 blood draws 72 hours apart to measure my levels and see if they're doubling right ... and I'm scheduled for a 6 week ultrasound on 2/14. (I'm super excited about that!!!) Otherwise, they slapped a prenatal prescription in my hand and sent me on my way, lol.

Yay I am so glad someone else from NJ is due in October!! :) Where in NJ are you north south? I cant wait to go to the doctor on Wednesday this is the most excited Ive ever been to get my blood taken! :winkwink: Did they say it was better to take prescription prenatals or are over the counters okay? I cant really swallow pills so I have been taking gummy prenatal vitamins, and I hope I can continue too. Im 28 years old, how old are you? This is our first! I actually havent had a period since November so I was very shocked when I wasn't pregnant in early Jan when I went to the doctor, and was very lucky to ovulate on the 22nd the first day I started the ovulation tests :flower: Then I started to get positives on the 27th! Any idea on how far along I would be? So happy to have all you ladies on here! :hugs:

Yay I am so glad someone else from NJ is due in October!! :) Where in NJ are you north south? I cant wait to go to the doctor on Wednesday this is the most excited Ive ever been to get my blood taken! :winkwink: Did they say it was better to take prescription prenatals or are over the counters okay? I cant really swallow pills so I have been taking gummy prenatal vitamins, and I hope I can continue too. Im 28 years old, how old are you? This is our first! I actually havent had a period since November so I was very shocked when I was pregnant in early Jan when I went to the doctor, and was very luck to ovulate onthe 22nd the first day I started the ovulation tests :flower: Then I started to get positives on the 27th! Any idea on how far along I would be? So happy to have all you ladies on here! :hugs:

If you got a positive on the 27th I would guess you actually ovulated before the 22nd. It usually takes at least 6 days for the egg to implant and then start producing the hcg that gives you the positive test. You can however have multiple spikes that could turn OPKs positive. Most people get a positive test around 4 weeks - 2 weeks since fertilization + 2 weeks. So you are probably somewhere between 4 and 5 weeks :)

Yay I am so glad someone else from NJ is due in October!! :) Where in NJ are you north south? I cant wait to go to the doctor on Wednesday this is the most excited Ive ever been to get my blood taken! :winkwink: Did they say it was better to take prescription prenatals or are over the counters okay? I cant really swallow pills so I have been taking gummy prenatal vitamins, and I hope I can continue too. Im 28 years old, how old are you? This is our first! I actually havent had a period since November so I was very shocked when I was pregnant in early Jan when I went to the doctor, and was very luck to ovulate onthe 22nd the first day I started the ovulation tests :flower: Then I started to get positives on the 27th! Any idea on how far along I would be? So happy to have all you ladies on here! :hugs:

If you got a positive on the 27th I would guess you actually ovulated before the 22nd. It usually takes at least 6 days for the egg to implant and then start producing the hcg that gives you the positive test. You can however have multiple spikes that could turn OPKs positive. Most people get a positive test around 4 weeks - 2 weeks since fertilization + 2 weeks. So you are probably somewhere between 4 and 5 weeks :)

...of course this is my first pregnancy too (did have a chemical in December though). So I could be wrong, but this is just what I have gathered about everything thus far ;)

At 15 months she was diagnosed by a neurologist with hypotonia, abnormal gait and developemental delay (her fine motor). She's already been in OT and is going to be getting ST soon. I've had her checked out by my sons school (he goes to an autism based clinic) and they, along with her OT, thinks she has sensory issues. My first thought was mimicking my son (flapping, spinning, etc). But she does get fixated on things like sorting and stacking and has a very explosive temper, even worse than my son at this age :argh: she is hitting her milestones and is very smart already. But then again most kids on the spectrum ARE smart. I figure that after having one on the spectrum, having another one wouldnt be the end of the world and nothing we can't cope with :thumbup:

I feel ya mama <3 My son has an aspergers diagnosis and is currently in S.T. as I type lol i'm in the same boat. If I have another with an autism diagnosis....at least we know what to expect...right? I think the autism thing was only scary for us once we heard it from the doctor and didn't see it coming (i mean you do, but dont...yanno?) now it's like..."eh i can take it" lol

Okay so I think I just figured it out, I had to put my ovulation day into a calculator online because I havent had a period since November 15, 2012, i know thats along time, but I went to the dr in Jan, not prego, ovulated the 22nd of Jan, had positives from the 27th on so almost 4 weeks by the calender date. It actually says the due date is October 15. Sending all my love to the Libra Babies to come!

I think its cause I used an early detection pregnancy test, the clearblue early response, and I am almost positive I ovulated on the 22nd cause I felt a pain, which def felt like ovulation but who knows?! I think I am right at 4 weeks too! The only bad thing about all of this is that my only brother is getting married in North Carolina in the end of September and I am supposed to drive down to NC from NJ, and at that point I will be huge if all goes well. Does anyone know if it is safe to travel 8+ hours in a car if you are 8 months prego? I really dont want to miss my brothers wedding, I will do anything to make it there and not make my parents choose one over the other, as I know they would be heart broken to miss either. Anyone else have anything that they are worried they wont be able to attend cause of their due dates?

I think its cause I used an early detection pregnancy test, the clearblue early response, and I am almost positive I ovulated on the 22nd cause I felt a pain, which def felt like ovulation but who knows?! I think I am right at 4 weeks too! The only bad thing about all of this is that my only brother is getting married in North Carolina in the end of September and I am supposed to drive down to NC from NJ, and at that point I will be huge if all goes well. Does anyone know if it is safe to travel 8+ hours in a car if you are 8 months prego? I really dont want to miss my brothers wedding, I will do anything to make it there and not make my parents choose one over the other, as I know they would be heart broken to miss either. Anyone else have anything that they are worried they wont be able to attend cause of their due dates?

The pain you felt could have been implantation pain ;) that would be timed more correctly. But I also have my cousins wedding to attend in July... but at least I won't be 8 months then, just 6 or so. I will have to drive about 15 hours or fly. I know there is a point when they say pregnant women shouldn't be flying, but I don't remember when it is...

Hey Ladies so happy to find this post! I just found out I am pregnant on Jan 27 and I am due in the middle of October, I think it will be the 17th :) So happy to have a support group of other women going through the same things. I just can't sleep at night I am so excited/worried/anxious and overwhelmed. This is my first and I just really want everything to go well, they say you can't really get too excited until months but im already over the moon! I keep peeing on a stick everyday to test and my line just keeps getting darker and darker! I wish you all luck and I will be a regular poster on this post :) Would love to make some October baby Mommy friends so feel free to add me or respond! Anyone in NJ/NYC/Hoboken? Let me know .. Time to try to finally get to sleep! Talk to you all tomorrow, I have my first drs appointment on Wed can anyone tell me what I should be expecting? Very nervous!

Morning POSD17! Fellow Jerseyean here :hugs: It's my first as well! :happydance: I'm not sure about your appt since it looks like some practices do different things, but my dr has had me do 2 blood draws 72 hours apart to measure my levels and see if they're doubling right ... and I'm scheduled for a 6 week ultrasound on 2/14. (I'm super excited about that!!!) Otherwise, they slapped a prenatal prescription in my hand and sent me on my way, lol.

Yay I am so glad someone else from NJ is due in October!! :) Where in NJ are you north south? I cant wait to go to the doctor on Wednesday this is the most excited Ive ever been to get my blood taken! :winkwink: Did they say it was better to take prescription prenatals or are over the counters okay? I cant really swallow pills so I have been taking gummy prenatal vitamins, and I hope I can continue too. Im 28 years old, how old are you? This is our first! I actually havent had a period since November so I was very shocked when I wasn't pregnant in early Jan when I went to the doctor, and was very lucky to ovulate on the 22nd the first day I started the ovulation tests :flower: Then I started to get positives on the 27th! Any idea on how far along I would be? So happy to have all you ladies on here! :hugs:

Lol, I know what you mean about the blood work. I've got wimpy veins that seem to be impossible to locate and I'm still excited to go since it makes it feel more real. I'm 30 which sounds so much older than I feel, lol. I'm in north jersey (by Paramus).

Not sure about everyone else but today I was so hungry!! I had my regular meals and snacks (all reasonable nutritious and filling) but today it just wasn't cutting it. I'm trying to eat well and not just cave into mindless eating (since I'm already above my ideal weight.) Any ideas on what else I can pack for work? Snack wise, I already have a yogurt and granola bar, baby carrots, popcorn (no butter), and whatever fruit that I had available... I'm looking for relatively easy things to include or prepare.

I know there are some things to avoid eating (like deli meat??) so I'm going to go research that to make sure I'm not missing something.

Oh and on the prenatals they said it was fine either way, one isn't really better than the other. I went with the prescription since that way it will count towards my insurance deductible. (Hey I have to pay for them either way, might as well get credit for it!)

Thanks. I see my MW tomorrow and will repeat it in a few days.

mrs.mohr- good luck with the blood test & keep us posted!

pansy- congrats! i can not believe it either. i keep having to look back and check myself. isn't it a great feeling?

goddess- hang in there! i am sending over good vibes!!

vgibs- you are crampy too? i know my dr. said it is a normal feeling to be having right now but its good to know i am not alone. i still get twinges & mild cramps, no blood though. crazy feeling huh?

congrats again everybody!! :)

Lol, I know what you mean about the blood work. I've got wimpy veins that seem to be impossible to locate and I'm still excited to go since it makes it feel more real. I'm 30 which sounds so much older than I feel, lol. I'm in north jersey (by Paramus).

Not sure about everyone else but today I was so hungry!! I had my regular meals and snacks (all reasonable nutritious and filling) but today it just wasn't cutting it. I'm trying to eat well and not just cave into mindless eating (since I'm already above my ideal weight.) Any ideas on what else I can pack for work? Snack wise, I already have a yogurt and granola bar, baby carrots, popcorn (no butter), and whatever fruit that I had available... I'm looking for relatively easy things to include or prepare.

I know there are some things to avoid eating (like deli meat??) so I'm going to go research that to make sure I'm not missing something.

Oh and on the prenatals they said it was fine either way, one isn't really better than the other. I went with the prescription since that way it will count towards my insurance deductible. (Hey I have to pay for them either way, might as well get credit for it!)

I could not stop eating today!! haha thats too funny, im also a few pounds above ideal and i happen to loooove cooking and eating but today was just crazy. I think I just didnt pack enough lunch for work today so i just was eating snacks allllll day. UGH.

The pain you felt could have been implantation pain ;) that would be timed more correctly. But I also have my cousins wedding to attend in July... but at least I won't be 8 months then, just 6 or so. I will have to drive about 15 hours or fly. I know there is a point when they say pregnant women shouldn't be flying, but I don't remember when it is...

To answer both of you. Driving 8 hours is fine but you would need to plan a route that included a lot of pee breaks. And bring snacks. Also, you can't fly in your 3rd trimester.

pansy- congrats! i can not believe it either. i keep having to look back and check myself. isn't it a great feeling?

vgibs- you are crampy too? i know my dr. said it is a normal feeling to be having right now but its good to know i am not alone. i still get twinges & mild cramps, no blood though. crazy feeling huh?

Super crampy, I think it gets worst the more kids you have LOL

Super crampy, I think it gets worst the more kids you have LOL

glad Im not alone in that area. I am super crampy too, but all my cramps are in my lower back. This is my third pregnancy

I feel you on that one! I'm ready for the apple seed stage that's for sure. Actually I'm tired of seeds I want to be WHOLE fruit lol!

Hehe! I know what you mean I just can't wait for a scan and a bump! I can't imagine what it feels like to see your little monkey on a scan for the first time it must be unbelievable !!

Thanks I'm going straight after work today so I have to wait alllll the way to tomorrow to find out the results!!!

Hehe! I know what you mean I just can't wait for a scan and a bump! I can't imagine what it feels like to see your little monkey on a scan for the first time it must be unbelievable !!

I know me too! Hopefully I get to have that this week! But with my luck...I will be at like 1999 and have to wait all the way till the 20th to see lol!

Oh yeah...I've been crampy since i got my bfp....part of the reason I get so worried...when the cramps move to the left side it make me paranoid!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->