• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

It wasn't my OB though, it was my primary care physician (he had delivered back in the day though) and I trust my physician. I'm still fine and my baby is still fine, so I'm sure it didn't really do any harm to get the vaccines. I don't think my doctor would try to harm me or my baby, especially since doctors know that they can get sued for those kinds of things. While you may or may not disagree, I'm going to trust my doctor over "a lack of research" that you probably read about on the internet. The CDC themselves have reported that it's a good idea for women to get the Tdap when pregnant, and obviously the CDC does conduct research on these things, it's their job.

It wasn't my OB though, it was my primary care physician (he had delivered back in the day though) and I trust my physician. I'm still fine and my baby is still fine, so I'm sure it didn't really do any harm to get the vaccines. I don't think my doctor would try to harm me or my baby, especially since doctors know that they can get sued for those kinds of things. While you may or may not disagree, I'm going to trust my doctor over "a lack of research" that you probably read about on the internet. The CDC themselves have reported that it's a good idea for women to get the Tdap when pregnant, and obviously the CDC does conduct research on these things, it's their job.

No, I have gotten the flu in both of my pregnancies and when I got worried my OB, and the hospital staff (when I went to the ER from concern) all said that there was no research that would suggest the flu would cause any harm to my pregnancy. I wanted to make it clear that there was no proven link to miscarriage as most of us on this forum are already scared to death over experiencing another miscarriage and I didn't think anyone needed another (unfounded) reason to fret.

Even doctors opinions on vaccines and medication like Zofran can vary from doctor to doctor. Everyone was giving me Zofran last time for hyperemesis and then one doctor who was filling in for my regular physician accused me of poisoning my baby with Zofran and said my hyperemesis was all in my head and that I should be seeing a therapist rather than being prescribed a drug cancer patients take. It was awful! Obviously I went with my OB's opinion over hers.

But vaccines during pregnancy is a touchy subject for some people. I think it is important that we all respect how each other feels about them and avoid any harsh criticism for/or against them.

We are all just trying to do what we feel is best. Right? :flower:

No, I have gotten the flu in both of my pregnancies and when I got worried my OB, and the hospital staff (when I went to the ER from concern) all said that there was no research that would suggest the flu would cause any harm to my pregnancy. I wanted to make it clear that there was no proven link to miscarriage as most of us on this forum are already scared to death over experiencing another miscarriage and I didn't think anyone needed another (unfounded) reason to fret.

Even doctors opinions on vaccines and medication like Zofran can vary from doctor to doctor. Everyone was giving me Zofran last time for hyperemesis and then one doctor who was filling in for my regular physician accused me of poisoning my baby with Zofran and said my hyperemesis was all in my head and that I should be seeing a therapist rather than being prescribed a drug cancer patients take. It was awful! Obviously I went with my OB's opinion over hers.

But vaccines during pregnancy is a touchy subject for some people. I think it is important that we all respect how each other feels about them and avoid any harsh criticism for/or against them.

We are all just trying to do what we feel is best. Right? :flower:

Well said Maze. In my experience conversations about vaccines can get very heated. Best just to accept everyone should do what they feel is best for their baby and, of course, themselves.

Blueberry comes first. ;)

Maze is right, we're all just hoping for healthy pregnancies and we all just want what is best for us and our babies, and we all have different opinions on those things. I didn't mean to offend anyone or make it seem like their opinion was irrelevant, and I'm sorry if I did hurt anyone's feelings. I didn't just blindly accept my doctor's advice though, I asked a lot of questions before I decided to get the vaccinations because (like all of us) I was concerned for my baby and our health. We're all just in a very emotional state right now and we're obsessing over everything we do because we want to make sure that our babies have the best development possible. :flower:

Hello all

Seriously can't keep up with this thread! It's getting sooo busy :)

Had first midwife appointment today which was good, she was really nice and very helpful. She said definitely no water birth for me as need constant monitoring so planned c-section for me I think!

Less than 2 weeks until my first scan, excited and nervous!

Hello all

Had first midwife appointment today which was good, she was really nice and very helpful. She said definitely no water birth for me as need constant monitoring so planned c-section for me I think!

How I would have loved to do water births... *sigh.*

I've been over-researching third c-sections and freaking myself out! I keep trying to remind myself that there are women who have twice that many but oh maaaaan. I know I am going to be a wreck the week of the surgery. Even though both sections have been easy procedures and recoveries. Chances are though mine will be scheduled for 38 weeks, so around September 18th.

Maze!!! Why are you bursting my bubble woman lol !!!!!! Oh well at least we will be berries instead of seeds now. I liked the raspberry better than the blueberry though! :flower:

My stupid seeds were covering up the blueberry ha ha!

Hello all

I've been over-researching third c-sections and freaking myself out! I keep trying to remind myself that there are women who have twice that many but oh maaaaan. I know I am going to be a wreck the week of the surgery. Even though both sections have been easy procedures and recoveries. Chances are though mine will be scheduled for 38 weeks, so around September 18th.

Calm Maze...calm :hugs: Why is it that we all freak out about everything lol! When I'm freaking out you're always reassuring me, when you freak out I reassure you. Why can't we take our own advice sometimes ha ha! :haha:

What risks are associated with a third C-section? Sorry I haven't done much research on them since this is my first little one :flower:

Maze!!! Why are you bursting my bubble woman lol !!!!!! Oh well at least we will be berries instead of seeds now. I liked the raspberry better than the blueberry though! :flower:

Those tickers are so deceiving, because the current bubble covers up the next three stages. Blueberry is 7 weeks... I am not really sure what 6 weeks is (sweetpea?). 5 weeks is an apple seed. So one more week of seeds. I am sorry to burst your bubble, I just didn't want you to wake up disappointed. :hugs:

The fruit stage comes! I can't believe that tomorrow I am 6 weeks, I feel like I only just found out, but that was two weeks ago.

I'm really hoping for a natural water birth. My mother had five natural births, so I'm hoping that I will also be able to have a natural birth instead of a C-section, but unfortunately we don't always get to pick how our baby comes into the world. ):
A water birth really would be lovely though, I need to see if they have any places here in town that provide water births. :D

And yes, week 6 is the sweet pea, then blueberry, then raspberry. I'll be a raspberry when I have my first appointment on February 25th. :haha:

Hello all

I know! Scary stuff I will be a bag of nerves.

Me too, she said probably schedule it for around 38 weeks!

Calm Maze...calm :hugs: Why is it that we all freak out about everything lol! When I'm freaking out you're always reassuring me, when you freak out I reassure you. Why can't we take our own advice sometimes ha ha! :haha:

What risks are associated with a third C-section? Sorry I haven't done much research on them since this is my first little one :flower:

Weeeeell, I don't want to scare anyone who may have c-sections. I mean, there are risks with every surgery. Your first c-section though is generally pretty risk-free (aside from potential side-effects from getting a spinal.) When you start having repeat sections you run the risk that comes from previous surgical scarring. Your placenta could fuse to your previous scar, as can other organs like your bladder etc. so when they go in for an incision they might have a hard time detaching everything. Basically, worst case scenario you could need an emergency hysterectomy. To my understanding that isn't very common. Most doctors are pretty comfortable with doing three sections, usually after the third you start running into some concern from them.

BUT!

I have had a tummy-tuck. GASP. I know, I know, I am so vain. I had it awhile after my son when I didn't think I would have anymore kids. So I have even more scarring. Also, my belly holds the baby in and up waaay under my ribs. My last pregnancy I was this side-show freak at the doctors office, she kept bringing in students to look at my invisible pregnancy belly at 7 months.

Those tickers are so deceiving, because the current bubble covers up the next three stages. Blueberry is 7 weeks... I am not really sure what 6 weeks is (sweetpea?). 5 weeks is an apple seed. So one more week of seeds. I am sorry to burst your bubble, I just didn't want you to wake up disappointed. :hugs:

The fruit stage comes! I can't believe that tomorrow I am 6 weeks, I feel like I only just found out, but that was two weeks ago.

Nope I refuse to be seeds anymore :nope: lol...I'm skipping to sweet pea and that's that lol!

I can't believe you get to be fruit Maze, I'm jealous lol! Congrats though, obviously I can't wait to be fruit too ha ha!

Does anyone else have a bump already? I have a bump...I know it's just bloat right now but it's MY bloat bump. I was sitting at my desk yesterday and I looked down only to see my belly hanging OVER my pants...this is not normal for me. I actually look like I'm just slightly pregnant right now...aaannnddd I like it ha!

ooohhhh oooohhhhh I have an idea!!!!!!!!!!

Lets make everyone do weekly bump pictures in our thread :) We can make it like every Monday or something wouldn't that be fun! I know there is a thread for bumps but I'm talking about our October Pumpkin bumps!

That's a great idea, MrsMohr! I still need to take my week 5 picture, but I already have my week 4 picture. :D

ooohhhh oooohhhhh I have an idea!!!!!!!!!!

Lets make everyone do weekly bump pictures in our thread :) We can make it like every Monday or something wouldn't that be fun! I know there is a thread for bumps but I'm talking about our October Pumpkin bumps!

Are you just trying to see my freakish post-tummy tuck baby bump progression? :haha:

I actually think keeping track of our bumps could be fun! I will probably show sooner than I did last time since I got stretched out once post-surgery already. Although a day after the c-section it snapped back in place and was a flat flat stomach again. Freaky stuff.

This is also your third baby, Maze. I've heard that with each pregnancy it's common for women to start showing sooner than the last time, so hopefully you'll have a nice little bump soon. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->