Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

Hello ladies!!

I hope you are all doing well! I'd love to join this thread, I just got my BFP a couple days ago! :happydance: I am on :cloud9: but also in denial at the same time, it doesn't feel real yet, especially since I really haven't had any symptoms. My 1st appt is on Feb-18 to confirm the pregnancy and then they will schedule me for my 1st ultra sound at the end of March :happydance: FX as long as all goes well and this bean is sticky :baby:

My due date is currently October 15, according to my last period date. I will update you if that changes after either appt.

I'm super shocked that we got it on only our 2nd try! I O late in a short cycle so I was so certain I was going to have issues with a super short LP. Guess not! :happydance:

congrats!!

I don't know if I mentioned this, but my first pregnancy-related appointment is on the 19th. It's a Prenatal Fitness class that the Air Force makes us active duty women take. I'm so excited!!! Not sure if that's front page worthy, but thought I'd share. :)

Ladies, I'm hoping you can lay some knowledge on me. For the past 3 days, I've been having really painful #2 with rectal bleeding. I'm reeeeeeally concerned. DH Googled it and said it's not hemorrhoids because it doesn't hurt when I'm not pooping, but I think the bleeding/pain is indicative of something serious. Have any of you had this/know what it is?

I don't know if I mentioned this, but my first pregnancy-related appointment is on the 19th. It's a Prenatal Fitness class that the Air Force makes us active duty women take. I'm so excited!!! Not sure if that's front page worthy, but thought I'd share. :)

Ladies, I'm hoping you can lay some knowledge on me. For the past 3 days, I've been having really painful #2 with rectal bleeding. I'm reeeeeeally concerned. DH Googled it and said it's not hemorrhoids because it doesn't hurt when I'm not pooping, but I think the bleeding/pain is indicative of something serious. Have any of you had this/know what it is?

Is your stool super hard? Like constipated hard? If your stool is hard it can cause little abrasions on your anus from pushing it out which can cause rectal bleeding.

I have actually had rectal bleeding without pain before. My doctor couldn't figure out what was wrong and suggested the possibility of IBS. It could also be due to a fissure, or tear in the rectum (I've had plenty of those, and man do they make it painful to go #2).

Lindss: OMG i'm so bummed out FOR you girl! I can't believe you waited all of that time and didn't have your ultrasound :( You must have been so disappointed, I know I am lol! I'm still waiting for the results of my blood work if that makes you feel better! Good luck tomorrow!

To all the new ladies in the thread: Congrats on your BFP's and welcome!

I hope you get to actually have your ultrasound soon, Lindss, sorry you had to wait all that time only to never get it. :hugs:

I can see that you're graduating up to the apple seed tomorrow, MrsMohr. :winkwink:

I know this sounds gross and all, but could it be do to particularly hard or firm poo? I know that if its not soft enough it can be very painful to go and also cause tearing around the anus (hence the blood). It would only cause the pain while going. Is the blood bright red or dark? The brighter the blood the closer to the exit its coming from. You may want to try something to soften the stool. Pregnancy can screw with your digestion for sure.

I hope you get to actually have your ultrasound soon, Lindss, sorry you had to wait all that time only to never get it. :hugs:

I can see that you're graduating up to the apple seed tomorrow, MrsMohr. :winkwink:

Wooooo hooooooo!!! But I'm still a stupid seed...I want to be whole fruit and i'm going to whine until I get there lol!!!

AFM, I haven't set up my first OB visit yet. I had a BFP in December and immediately went it to get it confirmed. They said they would only call if there was a prob with the blood work. And of course, 2 days later I got a call (they left a voicemail at 5 o'clock where I couldn't call back until the next day! It was torture). They said my hcg was only 24 (this was like 4 days after getting my hpt bfp). I got my period like 2 days later. This time I am trying to wait to go in until I know its sticking. That whole process was way to much stress/torture.

:hugs: I'm sorry about your chemical in December, Sheffie. I hope this one is sticky for you. Have you actually missed your period yet or did you take an early HTP? Once you actually miss your period I think the risk of a chemical is pretty much null, which is why most doctors hate early pregnancy tests and try to advise women not to take a test until their missed period. I know it's hard to wait to test though, I was probably only able to wait until two days after my missed AF only because I really did not expect to be pregnant and had no idea that I was in a 2WW.

Is your stool super hard? Like constipated hard? If your stool is hard it can cause little abrasions on your anus from pushing it out which can cause rectal bleeding.

I can't remember if it was hard, but I remember being constipated for a couple days. I had no idea pregnancy would cause something like this so early!

I have actually had rectal bleeding without pain before. My doctor couldn't figure out what was wrong and suggested the possibility of IBS. It could also be due to a fissure, or tear in the rectum (I've had plenty of those, and man do they make it painful to go #2).

I hope it's not IBS! A fissure/tear sounds like what it could be. I've never had this happen before, I didn't even really know you could tear your anus.

I know this sounds gross and all, but could it be do to particularly hard or firm poo? I know that if its not soft enough it can be very painful to go and also cause tearing around the anus (hence the blood). It would only cause the pain while going. Is the blood bright red or dark? The brighter the blood the closer to the exit its coming from. You may want to try something to soften the stool. Pregnancy can screw with your digestion for sure.

I think you're right. The blood was bright red and was enough that went into the toilet before I could even wipe. If there's anything natural I can take, I'm all for it. I really REALLY want to avoid taking medication as much as possible. If nothing else, the pain and blood are significantly less than they were the first day. I hope it means it's healing on it's own. Thank you for the knowledge, Sheffie!

If it hurts the most once you get to a certain spot in the anus when you're going poop, it's probably a fissure caused by constipation. As far as I know, there is nothing that you can really do but let it heal on its own, but fortunately it only takes about a few days to heal.
Also lots of prenatal vitamins have a stool softener in them to help with constipation. You might look into getting a brand that does.

SlimBrit: As soon as your body starts throwing HCG hormones, your digestion instantly slows your digestion down so your body can absorb the most nutrients from what you eat as it can. This can cause bloating and constipation. If you're taking prenatal vitamins, those can constipate you as well. Make sure you are getting extra fiber in your diet to help offset this. It sounds like you must have had a hard poo that put a little tear in your anus. It's not heavy bleeding is it?

EVERYONE: I got my blood test results JUST NOW: 4,859 :happydance::happydance: I have an ultrasound on Friday at 12:45!!! AAANNDDD I still get to keep my February 20th appointment to make sure my baby has a normal healthy heart....as he is currently like the tin man...no heart lol!

:hugs: I'm sorry about your chemical in December, Sheffie. I hope this one is sticky for you. Have you actually missed your period yet or did you take an early HTP? Once you actually miss your period I think the risk of a chemical is pretty much null, which is why most doctors hate early pregnancy tests and try to advise women not to take a test until their missed period. I know it's hard to wait to test though, I was probably only able to wait until two days after my missed AF only because I really did not expect to be pregnant and had no idea that I was in a 2WW.

I did take an early HPT (I'm about as impatient as a person can get :p). However last time AF came a week late. I didn't go into the doc until after I'd missed it. I'm only assuming it was a chemical. No other problems seemed to happen and I'd only known for a week or so. I'll feel a ton better about this one if I can get a *strong* line on an HPT and know I've gotten to 5 weeks at least. I have a better feeling about this one though :)

Hello ladies!!

I hope you are all doing well! I'd love to join this thread, I just got my BFP a couple days ago! :happydance: I am on :cloud9: but also in denial at the same time, it doesn't feel real yet, especially since I really haven't had any symptoms. My 1st appt is on Feb-18 to confirm the pregnancy and then they will schedule me for my 1st ultra sound at the end of March :happydance: FX as long as all goes well and this bean is sticky :baby:

My due date is currently October 15, according to my last period date. I will update you if that changes after either appt.

I'm super shocked that we got it on only our 2nd try! I O late in a short cycle so I was so certain I was going to have issues with a super short LP. Guess not! :happydance:

Hey! We were thread buddies in our feb testing thread!! Congratulations!!!! That's amazing!! And we are due same day!! Hehe!! Doesn't feel real for me yet either but hubby n I went to the dr last night for bloods and urine test get results on fri, exciting! Didn't care much for the blood test, that was a bit ouchie :growlmad: but so worth what are getting at the end :cloud9::baby:

Black licorice really helps with constipation. But not a lot of it...or you will REALLY regret it. I had a fissure with my 10 yr old, and it stayed with me for the whole bloody pregnancy! GRRRR It healed eventually.

I think you're right. The blood was bright red and was enough that went into the toilet before I could even wipe. If there's anything natural I can take, I'm all for it. I really REALLY want to avoid taking medication as much as possible. If nothing else, the pain and blood are significantly less than they were the first day. I hope it means it's healing on it's own. Thank you for the knowledge, Sheffie!

This article might help with natural remedies :)

https://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/eating-well/week-10/smooth-moves.aspx

Sheffie: I have a good feeling that this bean is sticky for you as well. :winkwink:

I wish my doctor would have given me a blood test so that I could see what my levels were like, but my clinic keeps trying to get me to go to a different place for a blood test since it would be cheaper than doing it there with my insurance. I'll have to call them and get the list of places I can go for that. :p

Kalonkiki and Sheffield: praying for a sticky bean for you both.

Healthcare is so different in the UK, no hormone levels or scans before 12 weeks! I've done 3 home tests and went to the Drs today where she just advices on folio acid and said book an appointment for midwife in 3-5 weeks!!!

I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow and have nausea already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->