Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

Hey girlies! Just got home what a long day! Thanks for those who responded to my very long past about my terrible day yesterday I really appreciate it. Its nice to find comfort in others. I think me and my fiance will def find out the gender as I am wayyyy to impatient to wait on the gender for my first little bean! I woke up today STARVING! and I mean starving, my fiance literally had to get me a banana and I shoved it down my throat.... I also went to my first doctors appointment today!!!:happydance::happydance: I was so happy to be there. SO good news def pregnant, lol, and she thinks I am 4 1/2 to 5 weeks. I think she might think I am a little further then I really am, 5 weeks, cause my fiance is huge 6'4 and 215 pounds and I am 5"3 and 115 pounds normally so this bean is growing fast! She said that everything looks fine so far and my little sack seems to be developing great!! So exciting. They took two vials of blood, and said they will get back to me with the levels tomorrow. I will also go back in next week to get tested again. Then she looked inside of me and I got my first picture of my little bean sprout!!! SOOOO EXCITING!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance: My blood pressure was good and she gave me vitamins, took my weight, and gave me a packet of the hospital I will be using. She also told me since my fiance is so big, and was a huge baby, 9 pounds 8 ounces, she doesn't think I will be able to go till the very end of my 40 weeks, she thinks I will go earlier.....oh boy brothers wedding why are you in the end of September?!?! So all in all today was a great day! I am going to attach my first scan picture of my little bean sack and my 4 week baby bump picture. I am so excited and I can't wait to see all of your pictures so we can compare! The fact that there will be a fetus there in 2 weeks in astonishing! She said as of now I am due October 15 but we will know more soon.... Anyway with this date or anyone who wants to be bump buddies feel free to add me, the more the merrier! The only thing thats wearing me out are these crazy intense dreams, they are really overwhelming..... Okay well I think its time to go to sleep! Sticky dust to all and to all a goodnight! PS today is the only day I didnt take an at home test, since I went to the doctor... and my belly was a little extra round in this pic cause I had just eaten dinner an hour before and I tend to get a really round belly right after I eat...

Yay for your dr's appt! Everything sounds perfect, and you even got a scan?!!! I hear ya on the starving thing...i actually got up in the mid of the night and had a snack..:dohh:
Cute start of a bump!!!
P.S you have gorgeous hair!

:happydance:I know I think I am going to start keeping something by my bed to eat just incase I wake up starving again, it was almost painful how hungry I was! Gotta feed the mama lion :flower: Thank you for your kind words! I havent cut my hair in forever, but it seems to be softer since I found out I was prego :shrug: I have heard a lot of debate about getting your hair highlighted while being pregnant, I just wanted to see what you ladies think? Is it okay to get it highlighted if the dye doesn't touch your head and if the salon is well ventilated? Normally I just do it out of a box cause its so much cheaper and I have figured out the right color, but I wouldn't do that while I am pregnant. Still want to keep it this color, so is anyone else going to be getting highlights? Or manicures or pedicures while being pregnant, not to sure yet but would love to get all the information I can about it. I will put it off for as long as possible, but I know after months go by and the summer comes, and everyone is looking cute in their bikinis, I am going to need to do something to make me feel presentable! :haha::haha:

Well I just got my roots done last night. My sister is a hairdresser andshe came to my house, so iI didn't have to be around all the chemicals. Also it wasn't permanent, only a demi, and I called my midwives office and asked and thy said it is OK as long as I'm not doing it often. Hope that helps!

Todays HCG is 9175, so it hasn't quite doubled. Not sure if that is good or not.

Has anyone looked up the "Chinese Gender Chart"? Its another fun way to guess the gender (that doesn't cost $30 ;) ) I'm totally hoping for a girl, but the chart is saying boy! I'll love whatever it is, but I have zero ideas for boy names, lol.

Thanks I checked out the chart and it's predicting a ...... girl!! I laughed since hubby and I both are saying boy (I think he's terrified of having a girl, lol) I know there's a 50/50 chance so not putting much stock into it but it's nice to day dream :)

This is what I wore to the office today - spent all day walking round carrying paperwork in front of me!

There's definitely a bump from what I see. Your bean wants the world to know, lol.

Wow ladies these baby bump pics are great! And are making me feel more normal! Except next time Ill take it before I get undressed for the shower :p I am so sorry for those of you who are having bleeding and are worried, I am sending you all my love and warm healthy thoughts! Relax and rest its the best thing you can do. I also dont really know how to use the multi quotes so I am very sorry If i dont get to respond to all of you. I am happy everyone is posting away it gives me something to look forward to everyday, I really love hearing how everyone is doing.... this is all very exciting! Anyone have any special Valentines day plans? I feel like I should do something really nice for my Fiance, any ideas ladies? Sticky dust to all!

My original plan was to take hubby out for sushi (which he LOOOOVES) but that's before we found out our news. :happydance: So obviously need to find a new plan since I can't imagine sitting in a sushi restaurant right now.
As for a gift, I'm thinking a nice set of cufflinks (there's these L<3VE cufflinks that I'm leaning towards since it could be one heart from me and one heart from our little pumpkin) Too cheesy? I want to include the little one somehow.... Love to hear what others are doing!

It has more than doubled just checked my results again, fingers crossed.

Sheffie- the Chinese chart says boy for me. It was correct with my daughter, but not my son. It says its correct 3 out of 4. So maybe he was the one, lol.

Goddess- :( hoping everything turns out okay for you :hugs:

Mrsmohr- cute bump :baby:

Lindss- wow, that's a big difference in due date! What would the new due date be if you were 5+5? Good luck at your next scan :thumbup:

Has anyone looked up the "Chinese Gender Chart"? Its another fun way to guess the gender (that doesn't cost $30 ;) ) I'm totally hoping for a girl, but the chart is saying boy! I'll love whatever it is, but I have zero ideas for boy names, lol.

Thanks I checked out the chart and it's predicting a ...... girl!! I laughed since hubby and I both are saying boy (I think he's terrified of having a girl, lol) I know there's a 50/50 chance so not putting much stock into it but it's nice to day dream :)

This is what I wore to the office today - spent all day walking round carrying paperwork in front of me!

There's definitely a bump from what I see. Your bean wants the world to know, lol.

Wow ladies these baby bump pics are great! And are making me feel more normal! Except next time Ill take it before I get undressed for the shower :p I am so sorry for those of you who are having bleeding and are worried, I am sending you all my love and warm healthy thoughts! Relax and rest its the best thing you can do. I also dont really know how to use the multi quotes so I am very sorry If i dont get to respond to all of you. I am happy everyone is posting away it gives me something to look forward to everyday, I really love hearing how everyone is doing.... this is all very exciting! Anyone have any special Valentines day plans? I feel like I should do something really nice for my Fiance, any ideas ladies? Sticky dust to all!

My original plan was to take hubby out for sushi (which he LOOOOVES) but that's before we found out our news. :happydance: So obviously need to find a new plan since I can't imagine sitting in a sushi restaurant right now.
As for a gift, I'm thinking a nice set of cufflinks (there's these L<3VE cufflinks that I'm leaning towards since it could be one heart from me and one heart from our little pumpkin) Too cheesy? I want to include the little one somehow.... Love to hear what others are doing!

You might be able to do Sushi if you eat the California Roll or Shrimp Tempura Roll, my dr said it is okay to eat both of those since the crab meat is normally fake and the Shrimp is cooked if it is Shrimp Tempura. So maybe you can still do tthat? :) The cufflinks sound super cute, I think he would love them! Thats a really thoughtful gift.... Im still trying to think of ideas..... I know I will cook him something wonderful, but I want to give a gift too... I was thinking about a nice watch since he loves watches? But something more thoughtful might be more fulfilling?

Great to know, maybe I can get one of my friends to come to my place and do it for me so I can avoid the salon too! So happy Im not the only one thinking of keeping up with my highlights :p She did it in foils right?

Great to know, maybe I can get one of my friends to come to my place and do it for me so I can avoid the salon too! So happy Im not the only one thinking of keeping up with my highlights :p She did it in foils right?

I don't think it is a huge deal to get that stuff done while pregnant, I do know they recommend for you to wait till you're out of the first trimester before doing any unnecessary treatments. Oddly enough, they list manicures too? I am not sure why. Nail polish remover? I dunno. It's weird. I think the odds of it harming the baby have to be pretty low and it is just an extreme precaution. I know I probably won't do anything until I am over 12 weeks though, but I am a stickler for ridiculous recommendations.

It has more than doubled just checked my results again, fingers crossed.

That sounds really promising, I hope the spotting clears up for you. :hugs:

For Valentine's day we're doing dinner and a movie. My husband wants to see Warm Bodies and normally I'd be down for that but... I am worried if the gore is going to upset my queasy stomach in it's current state. I remember I saw Bridesmaids while pregnant with Sophie and the whole... food poisoning scene. Yeah. I vomited in the theatre. It was pretty sad. :dohh:

On the hair issue....I was a master colorist for 7 years. Hairstylists get pregnant all the time and are around the chemicals all the time. I've never met a single stylist who ever harmed their unborn child by doing their job. When I was in school they told us that there had never been any concrete testing done to suggest that hair color could harm a fetus.

Just for piece of mind.

For Valentine's day we're doing dinner and a movie. My husband wants to see Warm Bodies and normally I'd be down for that but... I am worried if the gore is going to upset my queasy stomach in it's current state. I remember I saw Bridesmaids while pregnant with Sophie and the whole... food poisoning scene. Yeah. I vomited in the theatre. It was pretty sad. :dohh:

Lol, that sounds like fuuuuun :winkwink: The gore isn't so bad in Warm Bodies that I remember. Its a great (and actually cute!) movie though :) I think me and the hubs are going to go see the new Die Hard for V-day (romantic, right?) We were going to go to Disney, but we might be having to do a home inspection next week so I think we are staying put. I'm hoping for a house for V-day :happydance: That will for sure be all my money, so no other presents haha.

On the hair issue....I was a master colorist for 7 years. Hairstylists get pregnant all the time and are around the chemicals all the time. I've never met a single stylist who ever harmed their unborn child by doing their job. When I was in school they told us that there had never been any concrete testing done to suggest that hair color could harm a fetus.

Just for piece of mind.

That's a good point. I guess I've only ever been iffy on it because Storknet's 'pregnancy week by week' thing makes a note about avoiding all that stuff. I know, lol, hardly a medical authority. It is weird how you come to trust your weekly pregnancy updates from a random website.

busy day on the board! hope everyone is feeling alright :)

had my first doctor appointment today and unfortunately did not get a scan. i was pretty upset since i had a partial molar pregnancy in august. i just need to know that everything is ok. so i scheduled a scan 2 weeks from today and another appointment 2 weeks from then. all the bumps are beautiful!

i keep asking my husband what he has planned for vday and so far ive got nothing haha
he definately is not the romantic type. i mostly just keep asking him as a reminder so hopefully he doesnt completely forget haha

I got a full head of highlights the night before my bfp!! :-/ I am sure all is fine though! And the pregnant hairdressers is a good point!

It is so so hard to keep up with thread! It's just so busy.....and I find when I gob to sleep (Ireland time) I wake up to 5 pages of missed chat! :)

So sorry and hugs to all the girlies who are stressing......really hope all the beans stay sticky!!

Very exciting about all your scans I am very jealous!!!

Love love love all the bumps! Can't wait until we can blame baby and not bloat for a bump! :)
X

You might be able to do Sushi if you eat the California Roll or Shrimp Tempura Roll, my dr said it is okay to eat both of those since the crab meat is normally fake and the Shrimp is cooked if it is Shrimp Tempura. So maybe you can still do tthat? :) The cufflinks sound super cute, I think he would love them! Thats a really thoughtful gift.... Im still trying to think of ideas..... I know I will cook him something wonderful, but I want to give a gift too... I was thinking about a nice watch since he loves watches? But something more thoughtful might be more fulfilling?

You know, I didn't think about that. I'm going to check out my sushi alternatives! I was actually thinking of going to a place that's out in Hoboken, I forgot the name right now but the pictures looked cool.

Btw, I'm freezing too... and not looking forward to the snow coming our way. :growlmad:

That sounds awful! (Although not without comedic value) Otherwise a dinner and movie sound lovely, lol.

Lol, that sounds like fuuuuun :winkwink: The gore isn't so bad in Warm Bodies that I remember. Its a great (and actually cute!) movie though :) I think me and the hubs are going to go see the new Die Hard for V-day (romantic, right?) We were going to go to Disney, but we might be having to do a home inspection next week so I think we are staying put. I'm hoping for a house for V-day :happydance: That will for sure be all my money, so no other presents haha.

Die Hard is out?!?! Well I guess I know what movie I'll be seeing shortly, lol. I hope you get your house valentine!

Well, getting my blood drawn seemed like it would be a simple task, but it turned out to be a nightmare. :wacko:
First I had to wait for an hour waiting for a call back from my OB's nurse because we got the voice mail. When I called to make the appointment yesterday, no one said that I would need an order from my OB. Then I ended up having to drive to the hospital to get the paperwork myself because the nurse doesn't know how to pick up the phone. Then I get there only to find out that they're still in the process of hiring a new nurse, my OB doesn't have one right now! Then I finally get the paperwork and go back over to the clinic to get my blood drawn, and they put my birthday on there wrong (thanks for making me 31 instead of 21!). So I had to change that myself and then sign it to verify. THEN I was finally able to get my blood drawn. So what should have taken no more than five minutes ended up taking two hours. I get my results tomorrow.
Phew, end of rant, sorry, it's just been a long day. :coffee:

Cute bumps though ladies! Sticky bean vibes to all of the worried mama bears. :hugs:

As far as getting highlights and whatnot during pregnancy, I wouldn't really know because I haven't done any of that stuff in at least a year. I never did much with my nails, and I stopped dying my hair so that it could become healthier again as I wanted to keep it long. I don't use heat styling anymore either. I'm sure it's alright as long as you do it in moderation though.

And DF and I are celebrating Valentine's Day the Japanese way. I'm planning on making him either chocolates or a chocolate dessert, and then next month he's making me cookies for White Day. :D

image.jpg

My 5 week pic ......anyone see an Appleseed in there?!
Excuse the pj's!! :-/ x
(No idea why it's sideways!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"