Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

So, I'm working on catching up on the thread and was looking at some of the animals and I turn to my husband and ask "If I were an animal, what would I be?" His response? ... "Sloth." He's so very sweet... lol. Can't help it that I'm so tired!

So, I'm working on catching up on the thread and was looking at some of the animals and I turn to my husband and ask "If I were an animal, what would I be?" His response? ... "Sloth." He's so very sweet... lol. Can't help it that I'm so tired!

:rofl:

So, despite my husbands wonderful suggestion of sloth, I'm going to go with Mama Duck. A couple days before I got my BFP I saw a mama duck with 18 new little ducklings. This wouldn't have been odd except that it was January! I thought it was a sign :) I found out later her little nest is right under our stairs. And she is totally not afraid of my dogs. She barreled into one of them when a baby wandered too close. She's one protective mama! (the dogs wouldn't hurt them, but she isn't taking any chances!)

I also like the idea of referring to my baby as my little ducky :p

You sure you don't want Mama Sloth, Sheffie? XD
Have you ever seen a baby sloth? They are so freaking adorable it's not even funny. x3
That's a super cute story about the mama duck and her babies though.

And the list is now:

Mama Otter ~ KalonKiki
Mama Lion ~ POSD17
Mama Bear ~ Lindss
Mama Fox ~ Girly922
Mama Duck ~ Sheffie
Mama Mouse
Mama Hawk
Mama Rabbit ~ Lozga
Mama Panda
Mama Raccoon
Mama Tiger ~ MilosMommy7
Mama Leopard
Mama Eagle
Mama Giraffe
Mama Cat ~ broodymrs
Mama Wolf ~ ZombieKitten
Mama Deer
Mama Penguin
Mama Hedgehog
Mama Dolphin
Mama Monkey ~ healthb4baby
Mama Zebra
Mama Kangaroo ~ callmemaybbby
Mama Koala
Mama Owl ~ tx614
Mama Swan
Mama Squirrel
Mama Chinchilla
Mama Hen
Mama Sheep
Mama Panther
Mama Husky
Mama Coyote
Mama Bat
Mama Badger
Mama Horse
Mama Seal
Mama Peacock
Mama Wolverine
Mama Turtle
Mama Alpaca
Mama Moose
Mama Beaver
Mama Gazelle
Mama Lemur
Mama Chickadee
Mama Chipmunk
Mama Mongoose
Mama Sugar Glider
Mama Platypus
Mama Pika

You sure you don't want Mama Sloth, Sheffie? XD
Have you ever seen a baby sloth? They are so freaking adorable it's not even funny. x3
That's a super cute story about the mama duck and her babies though.

I almost considered the sloth simply because the babies really are cute, lol. Animal Planet has a whole section on them on their website!

https://animal.discovery.com/tv-shows/too-cute/videos/too-cute-baby-sloths.htm

omg that actually just made me laugh at loud!!!

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/a1383822-Experiences-of-early-scans-heartbeat-but-measures-early

Here is a thread that was very positive, it made me feel better, hope it makes you feel better too Lindss.

Thanks Maze! I read the link, and it did make me feel so much better!! Phew!! We are gunna be just fine mama, I know it! :hugs:

I've missed half of this convo but I toootttalllyy wanna be Mama Penguin

Well Ladies, it's not looking good. My morning sickness died off suddenly yesterday and the bleeding has ramped up. I'm waiting to get in for an ultrasound sometime today or Monday to confirm :cry:

I'll update when I know for sure...

Well Ladies, it's not looking good. My morning sickness died off suddenly yesterday and the bleeding has ramped up. I'm waiting to get in for an ultrasound sometime today or Monday to confirm :cry:

*hugs* I am sorry. I know how you're feeling... yesterday my ultrasound showed baby a week behind and this morning is the first day in awhile I haven't thrown up as soon as I got out of bed. I am trying not to freak out,as both things can be totally normal, but it is so hard.

I'll be thinking of you and your little one.

*hugs* I am sorry. I know how you're feeling... yesterday my ultrasound showed baby a week behind and this morning is the first day in awhile I haven't thrown up as soon as I got out of bed. I am trying not to freak out,as both things can be totally normal, but it is so hard.

Thanks Maze. They just called and I'm booked in for 2:30 today.

What did they tell you about measuring behind, Maze? I'm thinking I might hear something similar today, if not worse. Did you get to see a HB?

What did they tell you about measuring behind, Maze? I'm thinking I might hear something similar today, if not worse. Did you get to see a HB?

They actually didn't mention it until I asked right before leaving the ultrasound room. We saw a heart beat, and I just happened to ask if everything was measuring at 7 weeks, and she said "actually I am getting more like six weeks." So they didn't make a big deal about it but still... I would be less concerned if it wasn't followed up by not being sick this morning. I still don't feel well, I guess, but I've been throwing up so much lately. It seems off.

Wow! I was going to try to read the whole thread before starting to really post, but after tryingfor two days, and the speed this thread moves, it seems impossible, so I am just jumping in. Congrats to all of you here!

I went in and had a confirmation appointment last Friday and my line was faint, so they told me to wait a week, take a test at home and call for an appointment. This am, the test line was darker than the control but they don't have any appointments until March 8. They are supposed to be calling me back because I am high risk and they are trying to fit me in earlier and they want us to see a genetics counselor because of my age and because OH lost a little boy to Edwards syndrome. They have me super freaked out. But at this point all we can do is hope for the best, I suppose.

I've totally missed most of the animal convo too, and I am going back to read, but I would love to be mama turtle.

Hi everyone. Can you change my date to Oct 7 - Dr. seemed to push me back by two days.

Sending positive thoughts for both of you, ErinDancey and Maze. I hope that everything works out. I'll be thinking about you both.

They actually didn't mention it until I asked right before leaving the ultrasound room. We saw a heart beat, and I just happened to ask if everything was measuring at 7 weeks, and she said "actually I am getting more like six weeks." So they didn't make a big deal about it but still... I would be less concerned if it wasn't followed up by not being sick this morning. I still don't feel well, I guess, but I've been throwing up so much lately. It seems off.

I'm sure everything is ok Maze. I actually had my first scan yesterday and the baby measured 5+6 instead of 6+5. Part of me is a little worried but I'm also reminding myself that it could be that I ovulated later. I have had 43 day cycles. I go back on the 26th, so maybe I will get a more accurate due date and I will let you know if it has to be changed. Hang in there!!

:hugs: Sorry to hear things aren't going great for you ladies right now!! I know its easier said than done but try not too stress too much. Sending my thoughts and prayer for both of you! :hugs:

Hey ladies! I'm sorry for all of the ladies that are struggling. It appears that I am gonna have my pumpkin oct 21/23! I go to the dr this coming Tuesday and will find out more.im so excited and nervous! I had implantation bleeding off and on for a week. I say bleeding but there was never any red. Only brownish color. I had some this week ( I got my bfp on the 13 and the test was a lil darker on the 14) but none since. Has only been creamy cm since. Did this happen to any of you?

I'm gonna go back and try to read this thread now! I'm glad I found y'all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->